• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
On social media it is. What you do is, you close your account and have one for the people who matter to you. He can't control what what people write, but he can control what he sees. Does that make sense?

Fans found the personal Instagram for Alexis in no time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But not a single screenshot exists even though you have a few accounts mentioning it?

Thats suspicious as ****.
There were like 11.2k comments on his latest post right after the Palace game :lol: good luck sifting through all that

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Think that is a fair statement.

Makes a point of only apologizing to actual fans, not those that hurl such disgusting and vitriolic abuse at other people - wishing death and disease on family members over a ****ing sport.

Seems a happy middle ground, Xhaka stands up for himself against those **** while genuinely apologizing and giving an explanation to supporters.

This is exactly what I think of it too.
Xhaka is big enough to not give any apology to the idiots and knobheads who booed him and harrased him (and his family) for a long time.

Instead he addressed only the proper fans who supported him and his efforts for the team.

Carry on Granit !!

387E002000000578-0-image-m-12_1475670429967.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Fans found the personal Instagram for Alexis in no time.
Not sure how that changes anything. She got abuse, allegedly, because of him. She could easily shut her account and make another one, or make it private. I say 'allegedly' because I don't even know if they were Arsenal fans. As I've said before, the majority could well have been Serbians trolling her for her husbands actions in the WC for all we know.

Beast Incarnate

For some reason, you think I should justify myself to you. I don't and neither does anyone else. There is a real problem with some supporters at this club they hide in crowds and use the civility of players as an excuse to hurl abuse at them. The reality is that if they came face to face with the player they would shell up and stay quiet.

I'm not even going to lower myself talking to a plastic, pretend Arsenal supporter any longer. It's beneath me.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The majority of people booing him weren't doing it out of personal hate. He was taking his sweet time getting off the pitch after having thrown the armband on the ground. I dont accept this apology and blaming a few comments on social media for his reaction. One comment does not reflect the views of the majority. What about the people on social media who defend him?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This is a tricky one...the social media abuse would have angered anyone, so he was right to be p****d off about that...but he also hasn't played well this season, and did disrespect the shirt/armband...what do we do here?

Still think he should have the captaincy taken off him.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@American_Gooner Problem with that gooner tweet is--apart from making zero sense--is the guys wacky premise that the same people who leave disgusting comments on instagram are the same people who booed him the other night. Lovely how he tied that all in... What a spectacular bellend :lol:

Vanpayslip

Can’t respect him for that. The facts are that he wasn’t booed until he goaded the fans. Yes, they jeered but Granit ensures they booed. He threw his armband on the floor.

Sounds more like he realises his endorsements will suffer more than him caring about being captain of Arsenal. A clear symptom of what is wrong with the club today.

Also, he assumes that his social media enemies were all sitting in the stadium that day. Just plain stupid to assume that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This is a tricky one...the social media abuse would have angered anyone, so he was right too be p****d off about that...but he also hasn't played well this season, and did disrespect the shirt/armband...what do we do here?
And the latter happened before the boos even started. Which is being conveniently forgotten.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The majority of people booing him weren't doing it out of personal hate. He was taking his sweet time getting off the pitch after having thrown the armband on the ground. I dont accept this apology and blaming a few comments on social media for his reaction. One comment does not reflect the views of the majority. What about the people on social media who defend him?
Dont post objective sense like this in here please.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
time to move on - some people get angry when they're upset, others shed tears - we're all human

but the discussion is generating more passion than Brexit, and I for one have had enough of it

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
time to move on - some people get angry when they're upset, others shed tears - we're all human

but the discussion is generating more passion than Brexit, and I for one have had enough of it
Brexit, we can't control....

The kettle, on the other hand, is in the kitchen (I joke, I joke)

blaze_of_glory

Seemed to me at the time that people weren't jeering him for walking slowly. They started cheering that he was being subbed the moment his name was announced as coming off. At that point he reacted and the boos came out.

Doesn't excuse throwing the armband down previously, but I struggle to see that as being as bad as people are making out. We don't have to pretend it's some holy relic here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom