• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Surely

Allegri wouldn’t surely?

But I do think we need a project to get behind. Look at the support for Lampard.

We need a similar situation where we don’t have the resources to invest heavily in quality for the next trophy.

I think Arteta or Ljungberg would allow the majority to get behind the manager

One of the few that would.

But with his defensive approach and Emery like tinkering it’s easy to see that not lasting long.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Think the Bayern manager has been sacked, hopefully Mourinho goes there.

Manberg

Predator
I think Greta Thunberg should lead us.

I don’t think she’d be interested considering all the toxic carbon emissions generated by players travelling to and from the training ground, travelling to stadiums across the country and Europe, and all the fans travelling to the stadiums.

Highbury

Two can play at hypothetical predictions. If Wenger had had Mourinho's transfer budget, he'd have wiped the floor with him.

And Mourinho would have p!ssed off our 03-04 squad by Christmas, so they wouldn't even have been invincibles.

Wenger's football was breathtaking, Mourinho's football was like watching paint dry.

Except that Mourinho won the Champions League with Porto during our Invincible season.

Moreover, his exceptionally dominant performance against Wenger 1v1 cannot simply be justified by the money factor. He has pasted Wenger several times even though the difference between the teams wasn’t exactly huge.

Wenger is loyal, plays attractive football and is patient with mediocre young players. However, Mourinho is a better tactician, he is more ambitious and is clearly better at winning trophies.

The chances of Mourinho winning the CL with the invincibles are significantly higher than the chances of Wenger winning the CL with Porto and winning a treble with any side.

Overall, Mourinho is simply the better manager. Anyone who isn’t an Arsenal fan and doesn’t have an obvious bias to Wenger will come to the same conclusion. As Arsenal fans we are obviously biased and that’s fine, but at times it doesn’t hurt to be objective.

As far as the notion that Wenger managed to punch above his weight and finish in the top 4 with weak sides (something that Mourinho cannot do apparently) is concerned,

Man united have been a ****house since SAF left in 2013. These are their league positions since:

7th
4th
5th
6th
2nd
6th

No prize for guessing who took them to 2nd place.

We don’t have to like Mourinho for the stuff that he has said about Wenger in the past, but there is no running away from the unquestionable fact that he is an elite manager with a tremendous record.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Emery is struggling, but let's put things into perspective for a second:

- he's lost the dressing room. The spark of last year's 22 game run is gone (could say it was inflated at the time, maybe surge in form from Ramsey and Bellerin).

- he's been handed the impossible job of restructuring the squad in the space of 18 months. Ramsey contact U turn, santi and wilshere decisions, Özil and xhaka debacles.

- he's been named Head Coach, in contrast to manager. Yet he's still being used as a mouthpiece to tell certain players to get out - Mustafi, Elneny, Özil. It should be Raul and Edu's job to mop up behind Gazidis and **** Law

- defence - nothing is changed from Wenger's last years. Unai thought he could be clever with substitutions and tactics to try and tighten up., but without personnel you can't do it, no matter how much you instruct Mustafi, under pressure of a live game and a rush blood, he will revert to Mustafi.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don’t think she’d be interested considering all the toxic carbon emissions generated by players travelling to and from the training ground, travelling to stadiums across the country and Europe, and all the fans travelling to the stadiums.

Fly Emirates as our sponsor. She'd love it.

How did she get to Chile?

Hearing she needs a lift to Madrid now, but doesn't want to fly... :lol: maybe you could invest in a gummibåd, and help her out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom