• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polar Bear

I can't believe what the board are doing, what are they waiting for?, the longer it takes them to sack this guy, the worse its gonna be for us. This is not after a few games, we have played nearly 20 games now in all comps this season and its there for everyone to see, we look unbelievably bad.

Mind you its the same board that let Ramsey go, which has been a catastrophic mistake, we miss Ramsey badly I feel, he is such a vital goalscorer and his energy is amazing. Its hurt us badly losing him and he has not been replaced. And yeah I get Gazadis/Wenger had a huge hand in what happened, but the current board should have offered him a incredible contract and done whatever to keep him, paid him big figures, he deserved it, when we really look back at the last ****ty 15 years the only good times when we won stuff he was always at the heart and center of it, always giving the vital goal or vital assist for us to have a bit of cup glory. Its a huge loss, board is idiots. Sack Emery ASAP

Ashybashy86

I totally forgot he can get CL by winning the EL. All these weeks I have been focusing on the league.

So two bites of the cherry. Chances of him being here till the summer have further increased for me.
Can't trust a guy whose specialty is EL, but got humiliated by a team who were already on holiday - and a manager who'd never won a trophy.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I totally forgot he can get CL by winning the EL. All these weeks I have been focusing on the league.

So two bites of the cherry. Chances of him being here till the summer have further increased for me.

For me that just increases the chances of change. This squad with a competent manager should walk it in that competition. If top 4 is out of the equation and the Europa is our only chance of making it I wouldn’t want that **** in charge.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A comment from Athletic, that I found funny and very apt :)

Views from The Emirates:

1. Under Emery we are a 2* inner-city hostel in mainland Europe: You will struggle to find a single clean sheet.
2. Well, well, well. 1-0 up. Playing an actual DM in Torreira. Subbed off unnecessarily for Saka (not even Pepe?!), and we concede within 3 minutes.
3. Draw is a fair result. Wolves kept their shape, kept pushing and deserved their equaliser to be fair. Leno can keep us ahead for only so long.
4. Chambers impressed. It will be sad to bench when Bellerin is back, as the former has hardly put a foot wrong.
5. Guendouzi really needs to stop passing the ball back to Leno.
6. Mesut Özil, that lethargic, poor training, slouching, droopy-faced, Erdoğan-support berk is our best playmaker and a welcome return to the side.
7. Desperately seeking a winner, 3 mins to go, last roll of the dice. What does Emery do? Replace Tierney with Kolasinac. He was lauded for his sub changes last season. Can’t even seem to get that right anymore.
8. Emery out. I’m not a knee-jerk petulant infant but honestly, the sooner we stop the rot, the better.
9. On the plus side, Brexit has been delayed so we can not worry for a couple more months!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

A comment from Athletic, that I found funny and very apt :)

Views from The Emirates:

1. Under Emery we are a 2* inner-city hostel in mainland Europe: You will struggle to find a single clean sheet.
2. Well, well, well. 1-0 up. Playing an actual DM in Torreira. Subbed off unnecessarily for Saka (not even Pepe?!), and we concede within 3 minutes.
3. Draw is a fair result. Wolves kept their shape, kept pushing and deserved their equaliser to be fair. Leno can keep us ahead for only so long.
4. Chambers impressed. It will be sad to bench when Bellerin is back, as the former has hardly put a foot wrong.
5. Guendouzi really needs to stop passing the ball back to Leno.
6. Mesut Özil, that lethargic, poor training, slouching, droopy-faced, Erdoğan-support berk is our best playmaker and a welcome return to the side.
7. Desperately seeking a winner, 3 mins to go, last roll of the dice. What does Emery do? Replace Tierney with Kolasinac. He was lauded for his sub changes last season. Can’t even seem to get that right anymore.
8. Emery out. I’m not a knee-jerk petulant infant but honestly, the sooner we stop the rot, the better.
9. On the plus side, Brexit has been delayed so we can not worry for a couple more months!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Assuming you are subscribed, do you recommend The Atheletic?

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Assuming you are subscribed, do you recommend The Atheletic?

Yes I am subscribed and I think it is much better than the traditional media, plus some heavy-hitters have switched to Athletic.

Amy Lawrence offers a lot of interesting articles and connections with Arsenal history. She is definitely connected to Arsenal through a lot of years and has her sources within the club. She recently upped her ante against Emery, so hopefuly her pieces can effect some changes.

Then there's David Ornstein, Rafa Honingstein, Oliver Kay etc..

Michael Cox (Zonal Marking) has some superb tactical analysis articles,
James "Gunnerblog" McNicholas offers articles that are more from the fans perspective.

One thing I also like of them is that pre-match and after-match chat with them. Amy, James, Orny etc.. You can ask your questions and they will do their best to answer them. I 've had plenty of answers from Amy, Orny and others...

Overall I am happy with the content their concept of user engagement.

https://bitly.com/2nRSe17

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Looks like were heading for another reboot of the Arsenal franchise. TBH would prefer it if we had a completely new slate and cleared out the last few remaining legacy players at the same time. Not going to happen though.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
TBF Wolves have been a very good side in recent years and we're so bland just about every team will see a draw to us as a bad result.
Still hate it that someone who was in the championship a few years ago is now a minor threat to AFC. At home!

There has to be someone with bloody self-respect in the board room. I'm almost in panic mode...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Emery still has credit in the bank from reaching May’s Europa League Final, helping youngsters including Matteo Guendouzi and Bukayo Saka emerge while facilitating Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s prolific scoring form.

odd that reaching simply the final is considered something positive to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom