• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJay24

We need a manager ideally, who knows how to develop young players.

We have some very good youngsters coming through right now together with Martinelli and Gueundouzi. The next coach will need to have patience to utilize the youth.

OneAW!

Mourinho would mean risking losing our best young players.

Wouldn't mind the Sheffield manager or Eddie Howe, managers that won't have problems communicating with the squad.

Lol the Sheffield manager and Eddie Howe are worse than Emery. We will only go further down. Enrique and Mourinho are steps up but have their own issues. Enrique isn't the tactician Wenger was. Wenger easily figured the weakness of his tactics when we faced them and it pretty much ended the dominance of his treble winning team and his stint at Barca.

EDIT: If you want to win the EPL/ CL Wenger is the only way.

every little thing

Can't believe most of our fanbase are against Mourinho stepping in. This is probably the only reason why Emery hasn't been sacked yet, the board clearly recognises it.

Out of everyone available, Mourinho is the obvious choice. He can have an instant impact.

some of our fans is as clueless as Emery. Mourinho In

GoonerBoy19

Mourinho hasn't done anything significant in last 4-5 years. Man United already burned their hands with him dont know why we are so desperate.

GoonerJay24

Lol the Sheffield manager and Eddie Howe are worse than Emery. We will only go further down. Enrique and Mourinho are steps up but have their own issues. Enrique isn't the tactician Wenger was. Wenger easily figured the weakness of his tactics when we faced them and it pretty much ended the dominance of his treble winning team and his stint at Barca.

EDIT: If you want to win the EPL/ CL Wenger is the only way.

I'm not sure about that one, he seems to be doing a great job coaching Sheffield not just in attack but defensively too. That's with inferior players than ours.

I reckon he'd do very well here if given time to implement his style.

GoonerBoy19

Not a fan of Howe but Chris Wilder and Graham Potter are two good managers, good attacking football and disciplined defense.

Would love to have an English manager who understands the league, Emery have no clue on how to setup his team's against mid table clubs. Same defensive approach against all clubs won't work out.

Wryer

He hasn't built enough good will with the fans to weather this storm. As much as I am an advocate for time and patience, he's done. The longer this drags out, the more players we are going to lose. We've already lost Özil and Xhaka. I can see us losing even more as the fans turn on the club.

Next.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

After that performance this morning its clear he has to go now, if I was on the board he'd be gone the next day. Luis Enrique is in talks, he's decent but his got no experience in English football, for now I'd rather go with someone who does have that English football experience. If we do go with him, he's another Spaniard, what is his English like, can he speak fluent English anyone know, would the players be able to understand him not like Emery? I feel communication is one of our major problems with Emery.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He hasn't built enough good will with the fans to weather this storm. As much as I am an advocate for time and patience, he's done. The longer this drags out, the more players we are going to lose. We've already lost Özil and Xhaka. I can see us losing even more as the fans turn on the club.

Next.
How have we lost Özil, he's started several times he's happy here

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Luis Enrique is a top coach. I have no idea if he speaks English, but I'm pretty sure Pires speaks Spanish. I doubt communication would be a big issue.

Emery's communication skills are awful, but no one seems to know what he's saying regardless of whether he's speaking English or Spanish.

At Barca, Enrique had Neymar, Messi, and Suarez; and you can't get a better front line than that, but those three also aren't contributing much defensively or pressing. Enrique did a great job of making a balanced team at Barca, and he could get the best out of a front three of PEA, Laca, and Pepe.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
On twitter people are asking to go easy on Emery's press conference quotes because he struggles with english.

Why?? Why should I go easy on a guy who is so pig headed and insecure that he would rather be misunderstood by the WORLD than admit he hasn't learned the language and use a fecking INTERPRETER during pressers?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've been reading that communication with Emery is that bad that a lot of our players are going to Ljungberg now for help & instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom