• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We're well and truly on the managerial merry go round now. All aboard!
Sad to thnk this, but we can be different if we want to. Why do we have to be like other clubs? I would prefer stability. Something not quite right with the mentality of these group of players. No matter which manager you get, this seems like it's a deeper problem than first thought. Top 4 is still attainable but a big ask. We did go on an impressive run in the 97/98 season though which can still happen mathematically...

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sad to thnk this, but we can be different if we want to. Why do we have to be like other clubs? I would prefer stability. Something not quite right with the mentality of these group of players. No matter which manager you get, this seems like it's a deeper problem than first thought. Top 4 is still attainable but a big ask. We did go on an impressive run in the 97/98 season though which can still happen mathematically...
Fans don't think long term, they want to win and now.
We haven't added any quality if anything we've got rid of better players.

When has this squad shown the talent to be a top 4 team? It's no surprise we haven;t made it back in the Champions League.
This squad is part of the problem, for sure.

Don't get me wrong I love Guendouzi he's a talent and will eventually be a great player. But he should be being introduced slowly at this stage. He's still learning.

It's sign of how poor our midfield is that he's the mainstay and first name on the sheet.

But you could see it yesterday, he's trying to do too much, out of position, grabbing people around the neck, misplaced passes. He has no discipline.

Emery can't fix the midfield, is falling out with players and making a right mess of things.

Leicester on the other hand have a solid midfield with a manager who knows his system and his best players. Chalk and Cheese.

There's more wrong with our club than just Emery though.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Id love for this to have been calculated by the club so that they can be the good guys no matter the outcome.

Wishful thinking I know, but the alternative is that they truly believe in this manager and that the only reason this won't work will be due to "external atmosphere" not allowing it, that is the fans.

They just picked a fight that will get very ugly for them.
I don't see blaming the fans there?
But then again if they don't want to sack Emery they could have made much more a better statement than this.
And how can you write **** like "100% behind Emery and the right path" when he has delivered the worst league start in 40 years ffs :lol:

Livommar

If Raul and co genuinely believe that then they should be chased along with Edu.

Get someone like Rangnick in who’s actually good at his job.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Orny has apparently said the board are 100% Unai until the summer. Make of it what you will.

That just proves that this board is equally unfit to carry out the duties to which it has been set.

Toss them out, both board & Emery.

Iceman10

Established Member
"Thank you for your interest in our affairs" ©Peter Hill-Wood 2012.

Nothing has changed since then. The higher-ups still have disdain for the supporters.

To be fair, PHW was a legend for Arsenal in the same way Arsène is. They have considerable achievements to their name, and they are reflective of certain well-ingrained values of the club going back well over a century. We haven't won the PL for well over a decade, but I have no doubt we can, and will, get back to winning ways without having to destroy overall traditions of the club.

The club will get it right in the same way they transitioned from George Graham, via. Bruce Rioch, to a relative unknown at the time in Arsène Wenger, with the genius purchase of Bergkamp along the way. Admittedly I have a conservative mindset (stability, etc., not political), but anarchy definitely serves no one's interests, and people can blabber on over at places like AFTV but mindsets of those individuals are not ones I want anywhere near the levers of control of this club.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But then again if they don't want to sack Emery they could have made much more a better statement than this.
And how can you write **** like "100% behind Emery and the right path" when he has delivered the worst league start in 40 years ffs :lol:
This is how

Emery: 'Please don't buy 2 more forwards. I need to strengthen defence and midfield.'
Raul: 'Saliba will come in next year then we'll buy another CB and a midfielder to complete the squad'
Emery:'I might not be here by then'
Raul:'The club will back you 100%, don't worry'

Pepes blue pill

you want stability but you want emery :frustrated::facepalm:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

They are adamant about the project and that it will come good provided external atmosphere, i.e. the fans allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom