• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joestlaachmkr

It’s funny how people are mentioning Rodgers. Rodgers is the equivalent of an attacking Mourinho. By that I mean, he will walk in and pick his 2-3 players to base his team on. And then he will rinse that out and put every effort into a system that helps his star players. By the end he will have more or less destroyed any actual development in the squad. Just like Mourinho does but in a defensive way.

Celtic is a free pass. Even Emery won at PSG. Look before that - what did Rodgers actually do at LFC? He took credit for a team that rode on the back of Suarez. He literally set the whole team up to take advantage of Suarez. If it wasn’t for him, Brendan’s little bit of glory - which was bottling the title, wouldn’t even exist. He never cared about LFC or developing the team. Just about self promotion.

When Suarez went, the star was Sterling. Again, he chose a player and based his team on him. I believe, although I may be incorrect as I do not follow them that closely, that when Suarez was the man that Sterling used to play wing back to accommodate two strikers (Sturridge another example of Brendan using a player to hype up his star). Yet when Suarez left Sterling is the main man and in the West Indies on a break over winter while the rest of the squad plays. Brendan said this was pre-agreed.

A few posts up I saw a top 5 with Klopp and Rodgers in it. I’m sorry but look at LFC. What Klopp did was transform them to be moulded into his philosophy and they have been playing consistently Klopp’s football since day 1. When he had rubbish players he played that way. Then he built season on season with a few players and they still played that way. Then they paid big for a CD and a GK and they still play that way. How is that similar to Rodgers who milked every situation to self promote himself.

Sorry but any gooner that wants Rodgers is deluded because that same gooner will be here complaining about the train wreck the squad is further down the line after he is done with it. When we are starting from a bad place we can’t really have someone that leaves squads worse off being the managerial choice.
Brendan Rodgers evolved and improved his skills a lot during his time at Celtic, you cant compare Rodgers 2014 to Rodgers 2019.

That said, i would pick either Allegri or Enrique over Rodgers as the next Arsenal boss.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It’s funny how people are mentioning Rodgers. Rodgers is the equivalent of an attacking Mourinho. By that I mean, he will walk in and pick his 2-3 players to base his team on. And then he will rinse that out and put every effort into a system that helps his star players. By the end he will have more or less destroyed any actual development in the squad. Just like Mourinho does but in a defensive way.

Celtic is a free pass. Even Emery won at PSG. Look before that - what did Rodgers actually do at LFC? He took credit for a team that rode on the back of Suarez. He literally set the whole team up to take advantage of Suarez. If it wasn’t for him, Brendan’s little bit of glory - which was bottling the title, wouldn’t even exist. He never cared about LFC or developing the team. Just about self promotion.

When Suarez went, the star was Sterling. Again, he chose a player and based his team on him. I believe, although I may be incorrect as I do not follow them that closely, that when Suarez was the man that Sterling used to play wing back to accommodate two strikers (Sturridge another example of Brendan using a player to hype up his star). Yet when Suarez left Sterling is the main man and in the West Indies on a break over winter while the rest of the squad plays. Brendan said this was pre-agreed.

A few posts up I saw a top 5 with Klopp and Rodgers in it. I’m sorry but look at LFC. What Klopp did was transform them to be moulded into his philosophy and they have been playing consistently Klopp’s football since day 1. When he had rubbish players he played that way. Then he built season on season with a few players and they still played that way. Then they paid big for a CD and a GK and they still play that way. How is that similar to Rodgers who milked every situation to self promote himself.

Sorry but any gooner that wants Rodgers is deluded because that same gooner will be here complaining about the train wreck the squad is further down the line after he is done with it. When we are starting from a bad place we can’t really have someone that leaves squads worse off being the managerial choice.

No **** his team got worse when he lost his best player. :lol:

It's funny how you're not mentionning that his Liverpool team played attractive football, and not just because of Suarez even though he was amazing.

All Rodgers team have played attractive football.

Putting your best player in the best conditions to perform, like he did for Suarez, or like he's doing right now with his Leicester team is not a thing you can hold against him.
It's a positive thing. :lol:

Yes his last seasons at Liverpool were mediocre, this is what happens when you lose a generetional talent like Suarez that you can't replace, even with all the money in the world. When Sturridge who was amazing couldn't stay healthy. When Gerrard has retired.

And guess what? Even Klopp has struggled at the end of his Dortmund job.
Staying competitive, at the top, is the hardest thing to do in sports. Your best players can leave and you can't always replace them, injuries happen, sometimes it's hard to keep your players motivated and so on...

Look at Pochettino, his team has been **** for a year in the PL. Does it make him a bum? Of course not.

Coaching is only a small part of the equation. Context matters a lot.

And no, Liverpool weren't playing good football when Klopp has first arrived. There were positive signs, especially against the best PL teams, but there were also a lot of boring games.
He only got better with time.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They used a 442 diamond with Sturridge/Suarez up front and Sterling or Coutinho as a #10. They also played a 3-5-2 with the same personnel.

Did they ever play like this...

Gerrard-Henderson
Sterling-Suarez-Coutinho
Sturridge
...could have sworn they did, guess it could easily have been the diamond you mentioned.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

the one big thing in Howe's favour is that I doubt he'd see us as just a stage in his upwardly mobile managerial career - if we want a sound manager who will stick around for years then his Bournemouth career suggests we could do a lot worse

and I wouldn't worry about his standing with the players, who are probably a lot less snobbish than a lot of AM posters - I would worry though that Raul and Edu might think him an easy pushover

Well said. And I agree with your last statement, it all hinders on Raul.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Also where does this narrative that Mourinho destroys the squad developement come from?

- The first time he was Chelsea's head coach, he's built the best core of their history around Drogba, Cole, Lampard, Terry, Carvalho. Those same players kept winning even after he left. They were the best team in England alongside Man Utd during the second half of the last decade.
They were his legacy.

- His Inter job was a win now situation. He was hired to win the CL. His squad was full of old players that were near the end of their career, and they wanted to win the CL asap.
So he wasn't into building mode.

- At Madrid, he's built the fundations of the most successful team in the CL.
Before Mourinho got there, they were a banter team in the CL during the past decade and were knocked out by Lyon every single year :lol:
Yes he hasn't won the CL (and he was kinda unlucky), but he's built the fundations Ancelotti & Zidane used to win 4 CL. He's moved Ramos to CB, Varane, Di Maria, Özil, he turned Pepe into a beast. He's brought on Modric.
He's changed the club's culture and turned it into a winning machine.

- Second time at Chelsea he's built the fundations Conte has benefited from to win a title, they were still a competitive team when he left.

- At Man Utd I don't think he's destroyed anything. They were bad before him, and still mediocre after him. They've been terrible as a whole. Woodward is a joke.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Suarez wasnt exactly firing on all cylinders before Rodgers arrived. Some weird sticks to beat him with.

ChefMan21

So if we're waiting to season's end to appoint, who becomes available that isn't available now? Tuchel? Conte? Nagelsmann? ten Hag? Others?

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He took credit for a team that rode on the back of Suarez. He literally set the whole team up to take advantage of Suarez. If it wasn’t for him, Brendan’s little bit of glory - which was bottling the title, wouldn’t even exist. He never cared about LFC or developing the team. Just about self promotion.
What the hell are you on about? You're saying it's a bad thing to set your team around a player? That worked out so bad for Barcelona and Real Madrid all those years when Messi and Ronaldo were battling for the top of football domination.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did they ever play like this...

Gerrard-Henderson
Sterling-Suarez-Coutinho
Sturridge
...could have sworn they did, guess it could easily have been the diamond you mentioned.
Don't really remember that front 4 playing together, from what I've seen on transfermarkt the few times they used that system it had Henderson playing on the RW with Joe Allen partnering either Gerrard or Lucas Leiva in MF.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
It's funny how you're not mentionning that his Liverpool team played attractive football, and not just because of Suarez even though he was amazing.
I remember Gerrard playing behind the striker during his time at LFC and he was banging goals on the regular from outside the box.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
For now I just want to get into Europe, that seems a world away :lol:
Looking at our league form, Europa league just became extremely important though.

You get a manager that wins us the cup and suddenly we're in the UCL and potentially avoided a few seasons of suffering to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom