• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
GDeep is used on here alot but with a different meaning but I do wonder how many actual nonces there are on here, I would imagine within those crying cus they got told to **** off its a pretty big percent....Imagine being an adult and getting offended someone told you to **** off :lol::lol: and all after tens of thousands of you booed the hell outta the bloke on top of all the abuse he gets anyways, stat of yous, nonces indeed

dont throw your toys out the pram mate

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
That wasn't a good game at all. I thought his ommision made us less compact but fvck me he's back and Norwich ran circles around our midfield again. No point.

Not to mention the ball he lost (AGAIN) in our half and only thanks to Leno's god-like reflexes we weren't instantly punished with another loss.
Someone literally rans a circle around him. Lol. I cant remember who. Probably McLean. It was so funny.

Fallout

same, i was pleasantly surprised for one half, although tactically i'm not sure to whom should be attributed our weakness in transition. were the CBs just bad or were the midfielders irresponsible? couldnt tell.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Decent game from him, although it's hard to find a midfield with him it that functions really well.
Is there a midfield that functions well. Xhaka isn't the cause of this imbalance, he is a symptom... I'm no fan of Granit but your statement is inaccurate. We have no options for balance in our midfield..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He’s a good player, but after everything, can he ever be fully trusted?

a1660f4c0ea50e59e0068f3fae5d078a--funny-films-garth-marenghis-darkplace.jpg

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Stephen Lichsteiner:

“Sometimes, an older player can manage the pressure and the criticism from the fans in another way from a young player,” he said.

“Last year, [despite] all the criticism I took, I was used, because I played for Juve and it was not different, I played for Lazio and it was not different.

“Now, I don’t see the players who can show the younger players how to manage being in a big club and having the pressure to win every weekend.

“Maybe that is something that Arsenal are missing.”

So, what does that say about our former captain?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Stephen Lichsteiner:

“Sometimes, an older player can manage the pressure and the criticism from the fans in another way from a young player,” he said.

“Last year, [despite] all the criticism I took, I was used, because I played for Juve and it was not different, I played for Lazio and it was not different.

“Now, I don’t see the players who can show the younger players how to manage being in a big club and having the pressure to win every weekend.

Wish we could have signed a 25 year old Lich, instead of a 35 year old one...top player and top professional at his best.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Stephen Lichsteiner:

That he has the emotional quotient of a 2 year old.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Stephen Lichsteiner:

That's his mate as well... I'm sure if Granit could go back in time, he would, and he'd take that opportunity to display something different when the ripples of ironic jeers rang out. I very much doubt looking for a new club is what he wanted, as bullish as his attitude to the situation may appear to be. This is NOT what he wanted, and he must know this is HIS doing. He had control of this, but relinquished it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
he must know this is HIS doing. He had control of this, but relinquished it.
Not so sure he does. Narcissism has been steadily rising in the world and along with it the diminishing of humans who can be truly self-reflective and earnest in their growth as people. I suspect he is like the idiot who skips a stop sign in traffic.. oblivious to you and the fault/injustice they have perpetrated.

Manberg

Predator
The blame lies with the fans. There was a period where fans were heavily blaming Xhaka for the poor performances and results and not Emery or the team in general. Nothing changed without him, proof enough that it wasn’t the case. The fans on AFTV and the like won’t admit their mistakes.

Not saying Xhaka is a great player, he’s an alright player but we need better, however the criticism that turned into abuse was over the top and completely unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom