• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikey2000

Yep Xhaka isnt terrible, hes average with some better than average qualities ie decent passing range and can hit a decent shot, our problem is our CM options are all average, ffs Wolves field two CMs who would walk into our line in Moutinho and Neves yet we rate them as a tier below us, tells me all I need to know about our options.

We desperately need one quality CM at least, last quality CM we had was Santi and the guy wasnt even a proper CM.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
The blame lies with the fans. There was a period where fans were heavily blaming Xhaka for the poor performances and results and not Emery or the team in general. Nothing changed without him, proof enough that it wasn’t the case. The fans on AFTV and the like won’t admit their mistakes.

Not saying Xhaka is a great player, he’s an alright player but we need better, however the criticism that turned into abuse was over the top and completely unjustified.
True, it's the expectations. on an individual level, on the personal well-being of each supporter.

However, settling for mediocrity and letting the executives get away with such level of under-performance sets a dangerous precedent. what matters most is how the club hierarchy position themselves, set goals correspondingly, and then be held accountable against those criteria.

scytheavatar

Established Member
The blame lies with the fans. There was a period where fans were heavily blaming Xhaka for the poor performances and results and not Emery or the team in general. Nothing changed without him, proof enough that it wasn’t the case. The fans on AFTV and the like won’t admit their mistakes.

Not saying Xhaka is a great player, he’s an alright player but we need better, however the criticism that turned into abuse was over the top and completely unjustified.

Nothing changed with him either........ we need better and we are not going to get better as long as people in the club sees Xhaka as some irreplaceable pillar.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why have we been allergic to athletic central midfielders for years upon years?

What were we thinking when we signed both Torreira and Guendouzi, considering we had Granit ****ing Xhaka at that time as well?

Sven-Mislintat.jpg

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

Xhaka and Emery were never joined at the hip. It is perfectly acceptable for a player to receive criticism irrespective of how the manager is doing. Why does a manager have to also be criticised because a player is getting some? If a player ends up on the wrong side of the fans due to his performances, then that's the reason why.

Does it really have to be explained that it was never personal?

Manberg

Predator
Xhaka and Emery were never joined at the hip. It is perfectly acceptable for a player to receive criticism irrespective of how the manager is doing. Why does a manager have to also be criticised because a player is getting some? If a player ends up on the wrong side of the fans due to his performances, then that's the reason why.

Does it really have to be explained that it was never personal?

The level of criticism Xhaka got was not justified, he played as bad as the team. The abuse he got online was personal.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
The level of criticism Xhaka got was not justified, he played as bad as the team. The abuse he got online was personal.

Yes and no.

I think the critisism is something you just have to take. You can't control how people express themselves about you after all. And he should have been able to differentiate between the abusers and fans that were valid. The fans as a whole, especially the fans in the stadium weren't at fault.

However
, I do understand why that line got blurry for him. The abuse towards his wife and his newborn son, in a near stalker like manner, would get me over the line too. Anyone who says he could have handled that easily is A: lying or B: a terrible father or C: Doesn't have kids.

I may not have overreacted towards the wrong people (fans in the stadium) like that, but I would have taken it personally and let it weigh heavy on my heart.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
The personal abuse he received by online trolls was wrong. He has the record for most number of errors leading to goals. How is that playing as bad as the team?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
The personal abuse he received by online trolls was wrong. He has the record for most number of errors leading to goals. How is that playing as bad as the team?

Just because you make the mistake doesnt automatically mean it is your fault.
Xhaka is hurt by His own great positioning and Clueless teammates

Your precious Santi would also make them being forced to play in this team

RacingPhoton

Established Member

:D
Didn't Xhaka replace Santi in the same team and make those mistakes? Didn't Xhaka make mistakes for Swiss national team?
Great positioning and clueless teammates? In all those instances of his errors, there were plenty of options for him to pass the ball.

Was his great positioning and clueless teammates, the reason for him to lunge into players like a buffalo inside the box and concede penalties?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

You're like one of those really bad defence lawyers who'd take a backhander from the prosecution to completely **** the defence case up, resulting in your client being beheaded, even though they'd abolished capital punishment long ago.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You're like one of those really bad defence lawyers who'd take a backhander from the prosecution to completely **** the defence case up, resulting in your client being beheaded, even though they'd abolished capital punishment long ago.

bxWIsb0.jpg

Manberg

Predator

The whole team was making errors yet Xhaka was getting the most criticism. It’s like there was an agenda against him, before the incident happened.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
In your opinion it wasn't justified. The vast majority of fans who go to and watch games, beg to differ. I happen to think the opinions on Aubameyang and Laca aren't justified either. So what? Am I going to wait until one of those has a meltdown and then use 0.0000000000001% of our internet troll fanbase to justify any reaction? :lol: The idea is absurd.

Mentioning social media is just desperate stuff tbh. Totally irrelevant.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
In your opinion it wasn't justified. The vast majority of fans who go to and watch games, beg to differ. I happen to think the opinions on Aubameyang and Laca aren't justified either. So what? Am I going to wait until one of those has a meltdown and then use 0.0000000000001% of our internet troll fanbase to justify any reaction? :lol: The idea is absurd.

Mentioning social media is just desperate stuff tbh. Totally irrelevant.

Alotta sheeple!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
:D
Didn't Xhaka replace Santi in the same team and make those mistakes? Didn't Xhaka make mistakes for Swiss national team?
Great positioning and clueless teammates? In all those instances of his errors, there were plenty of options for him to pass the ball.

Was his great positioning and clueless teammates, the reason for him to lunge into players like a buffalo inside the box and concede penalties?

Options?

When only god knows where Guendozi is? When Torreira is playing second striker?

Even if there are options passing to X in those cases Night not have been the the pass, but they do it anyway so that he is the One who will fail instead of them. A whole team of Nachos who ya'll loved to! So I see the pattern!

He is forced to lunge because nobody else is trying anything, Luiz and sok cant decide to press or fall, Willock is sulking and waiting for the freekick

Özil cannot be arsed to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom