• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That's very true, I guess I wonder about the reports of his training sessions being too light, outdated etc and losing the dressing room at Bayern. You're right though.

I did say he has demonstrable success everywhere and I wouldn't say no.

He's a legitimate option.

Those same Bayern players turned against Kovac too. And were washed.
Blaming the manager was the easy solution.

But he's been a major success everywhere he's been at. He had one experience that didn't go great, it happens.
Almost every manager lose his dressing room. Especially when you're a top club coach and have to work with huge egos.
Muller Robben Ribery were reported to be the ones behind Carlo's sacking. They didn't like his methods. Those 3 guys are known to be great players, but they're also arrogant ****heads.

Chelsea players turned on Mourinho after winning the title, they let Conte down after winning a title, they never supported Sarri either.
Bayern got 2 managers sacked in a few years because their players weren't behind their coach.
Even Pochettino the most successful manager at Tottenham ultimately failed to keep his group motivated and behind him.

What if next season Liverpool have a disappointing season? Are we going to write off Klopp because he lost his dressing room?

I don't think so.

We have a significant sample that shows Carlo is a great coach. He's worked with the best player of our generation. He can bring so much to our group of players in term of mentality, spirit, professionalism, experience.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Please United get Poch soon, so we won't be a laughed at by Spuds supporters for imagining their reject would take us above them for 20 years straight, like Wenger did.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Raul Sanllehi and Edu should take a lesson from Levy on how you replace your manager. They are embarrassing themselves the longer this goes on.

:lol:

They're is no way to win fans approval, isn't it?

The same fans who were very hostile against Mourinho being the Arsenal manager, now are saying we should take a lesson from the club who hired him.

The same ones who call Marcelino a mid table level coach don't want Ancelotti a CL caliber coach either.

goonergaz

The problem is we sign player who are commonly known that generally no other big club wants to make fans think we are a big club.

The skill is finding unknown players and them having more levels.

Arsenal along with United are too up their own assess to shop in poundland and find a bargain.

Who decided Mustafi was worth 35m and Xhaka the same when players like Ndidi and Mahrez and co going cheap. We seem to be skipping a level to scout at where there are gems.

We have signed a few potentially good 'cheaper' players. Martinelli, Guen, Sok, Holding - even Tierney and Saliba (if you want to include~25m which is cheap these days).

I do agree our scouting is nothing like it was under the early Wenger years...but it's been improving I think, it's just much harder these days and it risky buying too many gambles (look what happened with Wengers gambles in the 2nd half of his reign)...the lower clubs can take those risks easier IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom