• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

worrying thing that they are reliable. another worrying thing that Vieira is not good enough.

Think this is a little harsh, seems to have done decently enough with them...would welcome him back with open arms, open everything really!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

PL fans want exciting football. Simeone is happy to let sides fighting relegation have the ball and grind out a 1-0 win. Most fans wouldn't accept it unless they're winning every game. I think pragmatic managers just won't be accepted anymore at the top teams. People watch Liverpool and City playing different brands of football but both positive aiming to score as many goals as possible, this is what fans want. A side that wins through a positive approach.

Atletico play horrible football most weeks I see them, it's only in the big games vs Real/Barca or CL ties that they become more entertaining because they're not expected to be the ones with the ball so it makes for intriguing tactical battles.

Also I worry about his misuse of attacking talents. It's a hard pass from me on Simeone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t he want to go to Lazio after he leaves Madrid, wants to take them to the top in Italy like he did with yous in Spain.

Yeah he’ll stay well clear of England I’d imagine, with a league this competitive he’d want no smoke here.

He’s talked about Lazio and Inter before, he does well with clubs that are a bit desperate and are willing to buy into his philosophy and tactics whole heartedly.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think this is a little harsh, seems to have done decently enough with them...would welcome him back with open arms, open everything really!
I love him don't get me wrong but as manager he doing really bad job at Nice would be massive risk.

Predicates

To whomever is thinking about Simeone.

No.

We cannot tolerate playing this cowardly defensive counter attacking football.

There is no way we could afford Simeone anyway. His salary at Atletico Madrid is in the region of £30M p/year.

Can see United going full on for Simeone.

Honestly, most United fans are clamouring for Poch, but their ambitions would be better served with Allegri at the helm. He's a proven winner and very good at adapting his system to suit the available players.

worrying thing that they are reliable. another worrying thing that Vieira is not good enough.

Can understand the rationale behind it though. He was one of our best ever captains and has clear leadership qualities. I wouldn't mind Vieira at all, the players will respect him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can understand the rationale behind it though. He was one of our best ever captains and has clear leadership qualities. I wouldn't mind Vieira at all, the players will respect him.

You think this is why he’ll be chosen? Most managers would command respect.

With Vieira the big pull is he’ll cheap, make no big demands and will get a long honeymoon from the fans.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Vieira would be one of the worst options we can go with.

Record at Nice -

Won 22, lost 22, drawn 13. Its poor. He plays an attacking 433, which would be good for us, but in general just no. Easy way out, club legend way out.

Would rather stick with Freddie than go with big Pat.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Love the Vieira link!

Feel he is the best option out of the young ex player managers. If we cant land a Allegri, Potch, Diego a great option.

He has learnt at City under Marwood, run the City youth system, managed in the US & now in Europe. A perfect learning curve covering all areas of management.

Joestlaachmkr

I just cant help but think "what if ?". We had so many qualified candidates to chose from once it became clear that Wenger would leave after the 2017/18 season, if we had gotten either Tuchel, Allegri, Enrique, Jardim, Nagelsmann or Rodgers instead of Emery than we would likely have been fighting for the title this season. All i can say, is **** off to Kroenke and the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom