• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He still has 10 goals to his name. He's a far better goal scorer than Lacazette.

I don't dislike Laca and think he's a good player overall, but we need goals and Auba is more likely to provide them if given service.

I don't dislike Laca either but he's not our best CF so why is he playing there. Do Sp**s play Keen on the wing, Leicester Vardy? No, so why do we continue to do it. Ok we have other issues but this is one that can be sorted easily; Martinelli Auba Pepe with Özil behind.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Freddie really needed to hit the ground running, failing to win these 2 games is a disaster.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Really want Freddie to succeed, but that line-up was woeful. He needs to wake up, for all we know he is on borrowed time.
Again we changed the lineup to the one everyone wanted in the 2nd half, we still conceded. Lineup isn't the problem here.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont mind if Freddie gets the job, like him & enjoyed the last two weeks even if results bad.

Just dont get playing Xhaka & Özil in the same team when the rest of the team cant really compensate athletically. Its even more emphasised having two pretty limited strikers in up top.

After seeing the demise of Wenger & Emery seems odd trying it again.

OSBK

Established Member
I don't dislike Laca either but he's not our best CF so why is he playing there. Do Sp**s play Keen on the wing, Leicester Vardy? No, so why do we continue to do it. Ok we have other issues but this is one that can be sorted easily; Martinelli Auba Pepe with Özil behind.

Kane and vardy are vastly superior strikers to auba, auba only matches them on scoring. Drill into the stats on headers, assists etc.

CJJ

Established Member
Just dont get playing Xhaka & Özil in the same team when the rest of the team cant really compensate athletically.
No idea what you are on about there.. Xhaka is a a fine athlete, and certainly have what you need to be playing in central midfield physically. The fact he makes tactical errors is a completely different discussion.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No idea what you are on about there.. Xhaka is a a fine athlete, and certainly have what you need to be playing in central midfield physically. The fact he makes tactical errors is a completely different discussion.
For me is slow at turning, has poor footwork & acceleration. I dont feel its mental but errors / so many yellows due to him being slow to get there.

He could be good in the correct system & a balanced midfield but suicidal how we play. You just dont see other teams midfield chasing back while the opposition running central at defenders.

CJJ

Established Member
For me is slow at turning, has poor footwork & acceleration. I dont feel its mental but errors / so many yellows due to him being slow to get there.

He could be good in the correct system & a balanced midfield but suicidal how we play. You just dont see other teams midfield chasing back while the opposition running central at defenders.
I don't agree quickness is a necessity in midfield. Generally You'd rather prioritize other attributes like workrate, stamina etc.

Most of the counters you saw today is not because ppl in midfield is getting turned, they are playing it over our midfield and our defenders are not closing them down, giving our midfielders a number disadvantsge when they drop deep. You are entitled to your opinion but I think it's wrong to say Xhaka had issues physically. Lots of great midfielders without quickness.

Tsl

Again we changed the lineup to the one everyone wanted in the 2nd half, we still conceded. Lineup isn't the problem here.
Even though I agree that the problem goes beyond the lineups, I do think it contributed to the bad result today. Kola should never start for us, Luiz neither, and why did Özil play wide? Willock was lost out there. If we started the first half as we started the second, im confident we would have won it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't expect nothing from Freddie my only disappointment that he started with different style formation that started against Norwich away yes defensively we were still awful but at least going forward we were great.

Anyway he not ready for this job he new at this and taking club with big expectations big pressure off form.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I actually hope for his sake they get a new guy in soon, because that December/January run could hurt Freddie's career as a manager before it even really begins.
Freddie's career as a possible Arsenal manager ended tonight. I hope he makes it somewhere with a better owner than the Arsenal.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Even though I agree that the problem goes beyond the lineups, I do think it contributed to the bad result today. Kola should never start for us, Luiz neither, and why did Özil play wide? Willock was lost out there. If we started the first half as we started the second, im confident we would have won it.
The alternative to Luiz was Mustafi. Kola may be erratic and a one-trick pony but Tierney hasn't always covered himself in glory when he's been on. I think he has to do more to justify the love-in he seems to be getting. Unfortunately we're not up against Hamilton Academicals and St Mirren in this league.

Tsl

The alternative to Luiz was Mustafi. Kola may be erratic and a one-trick pony but Tierney hasn't always covered himself in glory when he's been on. I think he has to do more to justify the love-in he seems to be getting. Unfortunately we're not up against Hamilton Academicals and St Mirren in this league.
Chambers is an alternative as well. He did keep a clean sheet in Newcastle. I think Tierney has been decent. Clearly a better footballer of the two.

nick gould

I believe it was Freddie who pushed for a swap to the first team setting. What a schemer. He was there when this group of players played like they were in the middle of a 40 day fast under Unai. Yet he goes on and pretty much pick the same players. I think we needed a new break from anyone involved with the first team setting. Blackburn rovers fired a manager and hired his assistant and see how it ended. I can see this going tits-up as well. I wonder what time of training our players go through. They seem to be jaded. They can't can't press because they don't have the energy. Their dietician should be fired.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom