• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Predicates

It seems like Arteta is poised to take the Arsenal job. I'm glad, he looks like a very talented coach and his reputation among those in the know (Pep, Wenger) is high.

Apart from that, he is well-liked by the fans, so he will be given the benefit of the doubt which another manager - like Pereira or Sousa - would never have had. And if there's one things the fans need at the moment, it is the benefit of the doubt and patience, because nobody is going to come in and immediately turn Arsenal back into title contenders.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Buzzing for Mikey Arteta until you realise this means GDeep isn't checking out...
ive-won-but-at-what-cost-2454457.png

giphy.gif

Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Calling it right now: Mikel will say in his first pressesr that he can only loan players immediately after saying he is thankful for being made head coach.

Everybody laughs, then cry as sadness fills the room.

The curtain closes, lights go out.

- fin.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Bad move not bringing Edu and Raul.

By sending Vinay and Fahmi, two malding man, it gives Mikel and his full head of hair an immediate upper hand in negotiations.

This club is a joke. At least get one of those spray things to make Vinay's combover less jarring.

...Arteta, when he sees them approaching from their cars.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

? This a joke or what?
I wish it were. But it's actually genius when you think about it. Rather than having a roaring crowd or playing possession in your own half you kill the crowd and force the opposition to try to play out from their own half whilst you squeeze them. Very American footballesque way of gaining territory rather than playing against 11 men behind the ball with a lead to protect.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Calling it right now: Mikel will say in his first pressesr that he can only loan players immediately after saying he is thankful for being made head coach.

Everybody laughs, then cry as sadness fills the room.

The curtain closes, lights go out.

- fin.
To be fair after the money they spent in summer i wouldn't be surprised

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our results WILL continue to be bad until the the end of the season. He needs a full summer and then some to have any hope of working on this team.
You'd hope he just balance the team and fix the problem in defense and midfield its not really that simple but the 2nd half of season must be better

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Maybe they're going to the UEL draw today?

I read at some point that the exec team were splitting interviews then swapping (2 rounds). So perhaps Arteta has already spoken to Raul and Edu. I hope so anyway because Edu's job is literally to build a footballing ethos that persists across different head coaches so if he is not involved in this then what does he do?

Reactions: A_G

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

You'd hope he just balance the team and fix the problem in defense and midfield its not really that simple but the 2nd half of season must be better

I think Freddie is doing a decent job of working on the attack (takes time) but I don't think anyone can sort our existing defense out. We need multiple new CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom