• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm really disappointed of our failure in bringing up one single quality CB from the academy.
It's been ages, Medley isn't good enough imo.

After we beat United and Juventus in 2001, I was convinced Upson was the next Tony Adams!

(think we bought him at 18, but I remember liking him when I was young)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

No wonder it’s taking so long, Mikel trying to figure out a way to sign a top centre-back, top right back and basically an entire new midfield, with only enough money for ‘loans with an option to buy’ ...

007.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I also liked him. Played with heart and showed alot of passion just let down by him not being able to grasp any English and his slight lack of intelligence.
I still prefer him to Sokratis, Luiz and Chambers.
he was actually picked for the Brazil squad after coming here - that was when playing for Arsenal carried some prestige

bandaid

If this is to work, he’ll need to get rid of some deadwood and bring in reinforcements in January.

I can’t forget how some of the players in our squad treated Unai Emery and how easily they’ve given up at times during the past few months. Xhaka, Torreira, Mustafi and AMN can go in January then we can cash in on Lacazette in the summer.
Wallah, he was not a coach.

deserved a good kicking anyhow.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Looks like Arteta will be lucky if he sign top CB he'll have to wait until summer many reports saying he will have limited funds in January.

When was the last time reports didn't say Arsenal will have limited funds for a transfer window? Even though the club has experienced losses the past couple of years, there is some level of money to spend. It's just hard to find the right players in January.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
When was the last time reports didn't say Arsenal will have limited funds for a transfer window? Even though the club has experienced losses the past couple of years, there is some level of money to spend. It's just hard to find the right players in January.
easier surely, with 4+ months of the season gone, to look at who has been performing well in the Championship than abroad - cheaper too

roz

Fake News Merchant
yes yes like the limited funds in the summer and the summer before and the summer before, **** the reports.

Let's get Upamecano and Konate.
Watched Upamecano last night v Dortmund. He really didn’t look all that.
Really poor passing, gave the ball away alot. honestly mustafi can pass better. Good in the air though and quick in the tackle

9jagooner

If he doesn’t, we employ someone else eventually. Most clubs spend decades changing managers until it works - look at AC Milan ffs.

I agree with you. We don't have a crystal ball to know what will/not work. However like every fan (I hope), I want the club to always do well and feel that given the past 4 to 5 years, fans deserve something good from the team.

Arteta as manager is a RISK. I hope it works especially given the fact that he's an ex-player and one I really liked when he played for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom