• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Largely anonymous against ManUre tbh, not that concerned because we were already winning and weren't really attacking as much as taking the sting out of the game.

Gonna give him meh/10 for this one.

Bosniak Gooner

Nelson needs to adjust his game and find a suitable position asap. Because from what I have seen he has no pace or the ability to dribble past players.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Looked very leggy last night, like he was treading water. Was way quicker v Chelsea. Also he kept slipping over which was annoying.

Still think hes not getting enough of the ball in the final 3rd and he was late to the pace of the game aswell.

Glad Arteta is giving him trust though, this will only help him gain more confidence and we will see the real Reiss Nelson. Hes gonna be fine.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

To me he hasn’t looked great in any of the games so far. Think he would do well to get more game time either with us or on loan. He is still young and looks like he could potentially develop into a solid squad player with time. At least we should maintain our investment and hopefully if he doesn’t turn out good enough for us we can sell him to another club for a decent fee.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He is still young, but he came in late and was getting outpaced and outmuscled by fat Shaw.
Reiss is quick but he's not that fast, similar to Sancho. Players like them are better suited to coming infield.

Sancho does it really well even when playing on the right side. That's what we need to see more of from Nelson.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Reiss is quick but he's not that fast, similar to Sancho. Players like them are better suited to coming infield.

Sancho does it really well even when playing on the right side. That's what we need to see more of from Nelson.
He was very leggy last night in fairness. He had little problem getting past Emerson or Tomori vs Chelsea. It's those long sloping sprints that he has trouble with. He needs to get the ball closer to goal - that's why he uses those give and gos often rather than using his dribbling at the moment. I think it is good he has hired a PT. He can strengthen his agility and hopefully improve on his body strength to be able to aid his close-quarter dribbling further. That would make it easier for him to make the ball stick.

I still want to see him closer to goal. His shooting is one of his bigger assets and we have barely seen him have a shot. He's had 3 shots I can remember and all of them have been blocked. He absolutely needs to get some shots off. I hope he gets time to come in from the left but he needs to tweak that RW role well enough to get that traction in the final 3rd. I would even like to see him play #10 - it's his best position and in Germany most of his better games were in that role rather than when he played RW.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
To me he hasn’t looked great in any of the games so far. Think he would do well to get more game time either with us or on loan. He is still young and looks like he could potentially develop into a solid squad player with time. At least we should maintain our investment and hopefully if he doesn’t turn out good enough for us we can sell him to another club for a decent fee.
The problem with our young dribblers: Nelson, Saka...
They are just decent dribblers.

When facing them, the opponent fans wouldn’t think:
1 Sh**! It’s Douglas Costa, our fullback would get destroyed.
2 Please don’t let Robben having the ball, he is going to dribble past 3 of our defenders.
3 Oh...no...no... Sane is unstoppable, please can someone stop him....no....

Hudson Odoi, Chukwueze, Sandro......Many young dribblers can create this scary feeling to their opponent when they are on the ball. Nelson, Saka, and our other recent youth product just don’t have that.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Think he’ll do better on the left, coming inside. He’s pretty tidy on the ball, just doesn’t have the belief to really go past an opponent. His best plays have come when he doesn’t have time to think, the natural ability is there. But when he has time it has been awful.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Think he’ll do better on the left, coming inside. He’s pretty tidy on the ball, just doesn’t have the belief to really go past an opponent. His best plays have come when he doesn’t have time to think, the natural ability is there. But when he has time it has been awful.
It’s like doing a step over just to do one or doing it then really exploding as you exit the skill.

Reiss isn’t exploding out of his dribbles because he doesn’t seem to believe it will work. Iwobi had a similar problem.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It’s like doing a step over just to do one or doing it then really exploding as you exit the skill.

Reiss isn’t exploding out of his dribbles because he doesn’t seem to believe it will work. Iwobi had a similar problem.
You need to stop agreeing with me mate, this is getting scary. What are the odds that there are two sensible posters on here? :lol:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Probably needs another loan.

Play consistently and to be THE Guy in a team

Championship rather than abroad

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Iwobi really came into his own when it came to dribbles with a good season worth of football under his belt. Even now, Iwobi is still a strong dribbler.

Nelson is just lacking that bit of power at the moment and he's clearly very conscious of it, so sometimes he seems very weak. His acceleration is normally very good but his top speed doesn't seem to be as high so I don't think burning people for pace is his way forward. He's got to stand them up in closer quarters, that's when his dribbling is better. Isolating himself with opponents is better for him.

I'm not worried about him once he gets to the final 3rd, I think once he starts seeing the ball there he will score and assist a lot more, but he needs to find his way into those positions far more than he does.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Iwobi really came into his own when it came to dribbles with a good season worth of football under his belt. Even now, Iwobi is still a strong dribbler.

Nelson is just lacking that bit of power at the moment and he's clearly very conscious of it, so sometimes he seems very weak. His acceleration is normally very good but his top speed doesn't seem to be as high so I don't think burning people for pace is his way forward. He's got to stand them up in closer quarters, that's when his dribbling is better. Isolating himself with opponents is better for him.

I'm not worried about him once he gets to the final 3rd, I think once he starts seeing the ball there he will score and assist a lot more, but he needs to find his way into those positions far more than he does.

I used to get excited about the future of Nelson but not any more. Its funny you should mention Iwobi because I think he'll go the same way, ie good dribbler but poor at everything else. I didn't think Iwobi would make it here and I feel the same about Nelson. I would love to be wrong but I see a loan and no way back.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I used to get excited about the future of Nelson but not any more. Its funny you should mention Iwobi because I think he'll go the same way, ie good dribbler but poor at everything else. I didn't think Iwobi would make it here and I feel the same about Nelson. I would love to be wrong but I see a loan and no way back.
I think they are not elite even for just the dribbling part, not skillful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom