• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Arsenal will be in no position to demand that much for a player in the last year of his deal, who will be free in January 2021 to discuss moves with other clubs.

He either extends on wages that other clubs won’t offer, or we sell for a compromised deal given the situation. Rumour is that Real will offer a player swap plus cash.

Can see something like Dani plus 20M.
As I said earlier, it'd be pointless selling him for cheap if he's still banging them in. Just extend his contract on the same money and thank your lucky stars we've got a proven PL goalscorer and nobody else is willing to at least match his wage at a club doing better than us.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
This is a different situation. This time it’s not about keeping a player entering his prime. We are talking about whether we should offer a contract to a player who is at the end of his prime.

He is a striker who rely solely on his pace, off ball movement and finishing. Past experience about other pacey strikers tell us that his pace will sharply decline in his early 30s. He is not good on the ball, so if he lost his pace, he can do nothing on the pitch.

If we offer him a new contract. What will be his market value at the end of the new contract? Nearly zero, because we can foresee that he is going to have a decline in his ability.

That tells us that we should buy low and sell high. Market value of a player usually peak at around 24 to 27, ability of a player usually peak at around 24 to 30. If you buy at 0-23 and sell at 27, you get the best years of a player and you maximise the profit you make. C.Ronaldo, Bale, Coutinho, Hazard......

I wasn't saying we should definitely offer him a new contract. Just that we should have made that decision either way by now. By starting the discussions in the summer (and lets face it, they usually take a while to conclude) it could be well into next season before we reach a decision.

Didn't Raul say any player less than 2 years on their contracts will be sold if they didn't sign an extension? By leaving it this late all we doing is let an asset's value plummet.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I wasn't saying we should definitely offer him a new contract. Just that we should have made that decision either way by now. By starting the discussions in the summer (and lets face it, they usually take a while to conclude) it could be well into next season before we reach a decision.

Didn't Raul say any player less than 2 years on their contracts will be sold if they didn't sign an extension? By leaving it this late all we doing is let an asset's value plummet.

We started contract negotiations last year with Auba. According to The Times he ended those talks.

He would’ve extended by now had he wanted to, think in the summer he’s off.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just extend his contract on the same money..

Don't think there is any chance Auba would agree to that. He holds all the cards at the moment. If he wants he can just sit on his contract for the last year and it is almost guaranteed he will be offered much more wages than he is earning now.

A lot of the big or bigger clubs than us probably won't go for him if they have to pay a transfer fee, but if he is on a free, he won't be short of offers. He will probably even get tempting offers from clubs below that tier too.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We started contract negotiations last year with Auba. According to The Times he ended those talks.

He would’ve extended by now had he wanted to, think in the summer he’s off.

If that is true there isn't much point trying to re-start the talks in the summer. We should actively be trying to sell him this summer then.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Don't think there is any chance Auba would agree to that. He holds all the cards at the moment. If he wants he can just sit on his contract for the last year and it is almost guaranteed he will be offered much more wages than he is earning now.

A lot of the big or bigger clubs than us probably won't go for him if they have to pay a transfer fee, but if he is on a free, he won't be short of offers. He will probably even get tempting offers from clubs below that tier too.
I forgot he was only on 200k! Offer him much more until the expiry date of his contract (june 2021) and then let him go on a free, if money's all he's after. Nobody's giving us £80m so we may as well try and retain his scoring ability in hope it pushes us back to where we need to be.

Moah

We can sell him but we don't need a like for like but we should be aiming for a striker with both laca's and auba's quality. And that is very hard to find.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Best for all parties if he stays now, and leaves in the summer, hopefully get a decent fee or maybe even a player in return like you said.

Very very good at what he does, but has flaws in his game that a side like ours can’t accommodate really...Pepe and Martinelli will be our guys next season, and dare I say it, Lacazette too ;)

Yeah, Laca and his 6 goals a season and 2 away goal a year, here we come.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, Laca and his 6 goals a season and 2 away goal a year, here we come.
This is my only concern with us selling Auba, who replaces his goals.
Laca and Pepe need to really step up for us to even consider selling him next season because anyone we replace Auba with is not guaranteed to hit the ground running.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is my only concern with us selling Auba, who replaces his goals.
Laca and Pepe need to really step up for us to even consider selling him next season because anyone we replace Auba with is not guaranteed to hit the ground running.

I’m sure if we sell him next summer we’ll sign a replacement, but it’ll be a big ask to replace his goals, agree.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’m sure if we sell him next summer we’ll sign a replacement, but it’ll be a big ask to replace his goals, agree.
yeah us replacing him wont be a problem, we might even sign someone who is more technically gifted and fits better in the system but its a huge risk to take unless Pepe and Laca step up in the second half of the season.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
yeah us replacing him wont be a problem, we might even sign someone who is more technically gifted and fits better in the system but its a huge risk to take unless Pepe and Laca step up in the second half of the season.
Ehh. Very few strikers in the world Score as many as auba does. Easily replaced? Give me a few names please cause i must have missed all these great goalscoring strikers

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ehh. Very few strikers in the world Score as many as auba does. Easily replaced? Give me a few names please cause i must have missed all these great goalscoring strikers
did you miss the entire conversation we had above about selling him being a huge risk and I would replace him with Malen

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

did you miss the entire conversation we had above about selling him being a huge risk and I would replace him with Malen
Not really, but you wrote "replacing him won't be a problem".

Malen would not replace him though imo, he's just a kid from psv. Kuyt scored one goal a game there.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really, but you wrote "replacing him won't be a problem".

Malen would not replace him though imo, he's just a kid from psv. Kuyt scored one goal a game there.
I also wrote
because anyone we replace Auba with is not guaranteed to hit the ground running.
but okay
also Malen has scored goals in Europe and with the NT

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'd extend Auba if he wanted to, only way he stays is if we some how pull CL out our arse.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd extend Auba if he wanted to, only way he stays is if we some how pull CL out our arse.
I second that, I think if we get CL we keep Auba but thats only possible with us winning the EL
I dont think we can overcome the 9 point gap between us and Chelsea now

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

I also wrote

but okay
also Malen has scored goals in Europe and with the NT
You wrote it would be easy. I Said i didnt tread the rest. Why would you wrote it would be easy? Then name an unproven kid as example lol.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Would be sad to see Auba go but if he has us over a barrel then so be it. Get in a young lad, perhaps that young Madrid striker or just improve other areas of the pitch and gamble on Martinelli.

One thing I hope we don't do is just buy some average striker in the hopes it appeases the fans. We either need to replace like for like or change system and move in a direction that suits Arteta's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom