• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
He's our best player, but between Laca, Martinelli and Pepe, we have enough goals until we find a proper replacement.

Despite how well he's done here, if he wants to leave- sell. We'd get our money back and more.

Kills our chances of Europa League glory though.
On paper, those three look a really good bet for goals...

Madness to let Auba go when we have a good chance of winning the EL and returning to the CL though. We have to pacify him until the summer.

Polar Bear

If we lose Auba then thats it for me, thats the final straw. Don't think I can take anymore.. that will be the final nail in the coffin.

If we lose him it will be a disaster... firstly it would cost HUGE amount of money to get a striker that scores so many goals, and secondly they would not even want to come, who their right mind will come.. it would never happen, it would be the final nail in the coffin.

Bloodbather

Established Member

And who will magically score these goals that are keeping us in 12th place just above the relegation zone?

Laca ? Come on. This is serious.

We could easily be sucked into a relegation battle especially if we sell our only goal outlet.

Madness.

I'll give Auba his just due, but I don't think we should look at our prospects for the rest of the season from the perspective of what we have done up to this point. New manager, clearly a rejuvenated team and most importantly -in terms of creating chances- a Mesut Özil who plays like he actually gives a damn.

In addition, I'm an advocate of having Martinelli and Pépé in the starting lineup as the LW and RW, and I think they could shoulder some of the goalscoring load as well.

Selling Auba is not ideal, but if he wants to go, he should be allowed to leave for the right price. On the requisite that the money acquired is spent to address the issues the team has in other areas, of course.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Where has it been all these months? Sad stuff really, seems like he’s been short changing the fans.

You feel like that with a few of the players tbh, Lacazette too. In the final games of Emery's reign both him and Auba just weren't arsed trying to get the ball back and helping out defensively.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Where has it been all these months? Sad stuff really, seems like he’s been short changing the fans.
Think the whole team has to be honest. Looking at how we're tired after 60 minutes it make me wonder if they were jus not doing enough for Emery those last couple of weeks.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
On paper, those three look a really good bet for goals...

Madness to let Auba go when we have a good chance of winning the EL and returning to the CL though. We have to pacify him until the summer.
I don't know if I'd call it "good chance" -- lots of decent sides still in the competition. I'd say it's more of a "as good a chance as any" sort of thing. Nonetheless, agree that we probably need to hold on unless we get an outsized offer. We need the goals badly and a likesame replacement would be usuriously expensive (or a fantasy).

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I told you, he's been scoring goals mate. You can't put him in the same bracket as the rest. He escapes that, whether you like it or not. He's been doing his job. Him and Leno. That's it.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I don't know if I'd call it "good chance" -- lots of decent sides still in the competition. I'd say it's more of a "as good a chance as any" sort of thing. Nonetheless, agree that we probably need to hold on unless we get an outsized offer. We need the goals badly and a likesame replacement would be usuriously expensive (or a fantasy).
Better chance than last year if Arteta continues to keep the performances on an upward curve. He's trying to better Mr Europa's run to the final though... Ooooh.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

The fact that we would name a guy captain who had the potential to leave us a month later shows how poorly run the club is.[/QUOTE]

Well Unai is gone .....so hopefully Arteta actually makes take on the responsibility instead of putting it to a vote .

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If Auba wants to leave he needs to take a good hard look where he is going to go.

Real or Barcelona then we can give him that. Those teams are miles ahead of us.

However I suspect that those teams wont be interested in paying 40m for a 31 year old come June. He may seek to move in January but for us that wouldnt make sense.

He is part of the team that is failing. His goals have been a help but his general play (hold up, winning duels) is poor. He did work well against chelsea but we still lost. Need a big performance today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom