• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You k ow you’re a bum player when people gotta write huge essays to show why you’re good. With Auba all you gotta say is she scores lots and that’s it, Lacazette you lot gotta make up 101 reasons and excuses for him.

Also he’s not in bad form this is just how he always plays people only clocking on this season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He is in a very poor form but we know he is a great finisher. The goal he scored away to Valencia always sticks out for me as a great one in terms of effort and trickery.

But I think it is unfair to blame him for the missed chance at Palace.
First, their keeper made a superb fingertip save and when the ball bounced off the post it didn't go straight to Laca, instead it went back again through his arms and it was probably less than half a second for Laca to try and chip the ball away. Plus the distance was only about 50 cm away from the keeper, with another defender behind to clear any loose ball.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He is in a very poor form but we know he is a great finisher. The goal he scored away to Valencia always sticks out for me as a great one in terms of effort and trickery.

But I think it is unfair to blame him for the missed chance at Palace.
First, their keeper made a superb fingertip save and when the ball bounced off the post it didn't go straight to Laca, instead it went back again through his arms and it was probably less than half a second for Laca to try and chip the ball away. Plus the distance was only about 50 cm away from the keeper, with another defender behind to clear any loose ball.

The thing that annoys me and it’s so obvious on this forum especially with Lacazette is that even if he does something good people try to take it away from him just because they don’t like him. People claiming his assist was easy and any footballer could do it. :lol:

I seriously dislike Xhaka but at least I admit when he’s had a good game. But it comes back to the point people would rather be proven right than have a guy like Lacazette do well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette has run himself into the ground in the last couple of matches. Can't fault his effort, for sure.

Firmly believe once Auba, Pepe and Laca get some confidence from winning, backed up by Martinelli and Nelson, we'll have some strike force.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thing that annoys me and it’s so obvious on this forum especially with Lacazette is that even if he does something good people try to take it away from him just because they don’t like him. People claiming his assist was easy and any footballer could do it. :lol:

I seriously dislike Xhaka but at least I admit when he’s had a good game. But it comes back to the point people would rather be proven right than have a guy like Lacazette do well.

Sokratis, Kolasinac, Torreira are all players who I've criticised in the past who I've also praised in recent times for putting in good performances. With Lacazette I just don't see it, he's ridiculous inconsistent and is frustrating to watch him at times. It's not ridiculous to be demanding more from a 55 million striker than what he's producing recently. Not even just this season but at the back end of last season. Napoli was good but apart from that it was absolutely dreadful. And then in his first season he also went through a patch of just not contributing anything.

To cry that there's some sort of agenda is laughable, absolutely everyone would give credit to Laca if he was contributing regularly, but he isn't.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Sokratis, Kolasinac, Torreira are all players who I've criticised in the past who I've also praised in recent times for putting in good performances. With Lacazette I just don't see it, he's ridiculous inconsistent and is frustrating to watch him at times. It's not ridiculous to be demanding more from a 55 million striker than what he's producing recently. Not even just this season but at the back end of last season. Napoli was good but apart from that it was absolutely dreadful. And then in his first season he also went through a patch of just not contributing anything.

To cry that there's some sort of agenda is laughable, absolutely everyone would give credit to Laca if he was contributing regularly, but he isn't.

You literally tried to discredit his assist by saying ‘my gran could do that and she’s in a wheelchair’ rather than, fair enough he helped us actually score, which is a contribution.

I’m not saying you have to like the guy. Lacazette is a really frustrating player I get that, but at least credit him when it’s due otherwise it screams agenda.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Watch him go now.
You literally tried to discredit his assist by saying ‘my gran could do that and she’s in a wheelchair’ rather than, fair enough he helped us actually score, which is a contribution.

I’m not saying you have to like the guy. Lacazette is a really frustrating player I get that, but at least credit him when it’s due otherwise it screams agenda.
Those who discredited that assist showed their hands there and then. This place is a seas on inconsistencies and agendas. Tiresome getting through it tbh. You try and ignore it but you end of opposing the silliest of statements.

At the end of the day, I see it as the majority opinion tells you most, and I'd say the majority are still on Laca's side. There are other players at the club that are on the wrong side of the majority but some way, and these are the players that are obviously harder to defend, and so you see some impressive mental gymnastics by those trying to defend them, because it's required... And when the player does well, you'll see odd stuff to discredit them.

Opinion wise, I'd say I was a boring **** of a poster, because my views are shared by the majority of fans, supporters and even posters on this board.

Never worry about rustling the minority.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Watch him go now.

Those who discredited that assist showed their hands there and then. This place is a seas on inconsistencies and agendas. Tiresome getting through it tbh. You try and ignore it but you end of opposing the silliest of statements.

At the end of the day, I see it as the majority opinion tells you most, and I'd say the majority are still on Laca's side. There are other players at the club that are on the wrong side of the majority but some way, and these are the players that are obviously harder to defend, and so you see some impressive mental gymnastics by those trying to defend them, because it's required... And when the player does well, you'll see odd stuff to discredit them.

Opinion wise, I'd say I was a boring **** of a poster, because my views are shared by the majority of fans, supporters and even posters on this board.

Never worry about rustling the minority.

So basically you’re a sheep?

Reactions: roz

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Fine then, he has one decent assist.

GDeep™

League is very weak
AM rattled again for no reason :rofl: You love to see it.

The guy is poor, no two ways about it. Anonymous in the EL final, missed chances in the semi vs Atletico, never scores away from home, has a goal tally that resembles Glenn Murray and Deeney etc. Was anonymous for most of this season until Arteta arrived and he atleast started to run abit and foul. No wonder we’ve not got CL since he’s arrived.

60M and 200K a week for a guy to run around like a plumber and help us finish 8th again.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
AM rattled again for no reason :rofl: You love to see it.

The guy is poor, no two ways about it. Anonymous in the EL final, missed chances in the semi vs Atletico, never scores away from home, has a goal tally that resembles Glenn Murray and Deeney etc. Was anonymous for most of this season until Arteta arrived and he atleast started to run abit and foul. No wonder we’ve not got CL since he’s arrived.

60M and 200K a week for a guy to run around like a plumber and help us finish 8th again.
I thought the EL league final was Bumnai's fault? That's what I'm told anyway. Admittedly, it was in defence of another player who failed to turn up that day.

goonergaz

I really don't get the hate on Laca, I think he suffers from lack of confidence (like most strikers) - but I always feel like he puts a shift in...the assist against Palace was perfect...he just needs a bit of luck and he'll be off again.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I really don't get the hate on Laca, I think he suffers from lack of confidence (like most strikers) - but I always feel like he puts a shift in...the assist against Palace was perfect...he just needs a bit of luck and he'll be off again.
We’ve been saying this since he’s got here though?

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think we are yet to see the best of Laca! Him upfront with Martinelli and Pepe flanking him plus a new playmaker excites me

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
At this point we should probably just accept that Laca is the most polarising player on the forum and lock the thread. Peace, not war friends!

goonergaz

We’ve been saying this since he’s got here though?

And during that time it's fair to say we've not been a great team.

He's approaching his peak (at 28) and we're playing better attacking football now, we should give him the rest of the season...unless we're going to upgrade him of course.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I thought the EL league final was Bumnai's fault? That's what I'm told anyway. Admittedly, it was in defence of another player who failed to turn up that day.
Bumnai was exposed but that’s no excuse for the players to not even do the basics, Laca and Auba couldn’t even hold the ball.

Hard for Özil to do anything when the game was set up by Unai to only find Kolasinac and AMN.

GDeep™

League is very weak
At this point we should probably just accept that Laca is the most polarising player on the forum and lock the thread. Peace, not war friends!
There wouldn’t be any debates if he was scoring, he is playing CF for Arsenal. Had chances against Chelsea, Utd and Bournemouth. Was poor against Palace. Hard for a new manager like Arteta when your striker is costing you like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom