• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Fallout

Very encouraged by his start here but felt that, for the first time, he didnt have any ideas for overcoming the tactical issues we were facing. Unusually quiet on the sidelines despite Burnley running over us.

Gunner-Union

We need to go all out for Grealish. In a midfield three he will pick the ball up and drive at the defence, can dribble, pass, create, also tracks back and puts a shift in, is Hated by all opposition as he gets so many fouls. Just what we need. Prob is who would partner him lucas as a dm but we’d need another good all rounder with him.
Also think a targetman would help

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Very encouraged by his start here but felt that, for the first time, he didnt have any ideas for overcoming the tactical issues we were facing. Unusually quiet on the sidelines despite Burnley running over us.

It's been like this in most games tbh.

Good first half(today only 20 mins), then mostly hope for the best in the second half. Basically the reverse of what we used to see in the beginning under Emery, rubbish first half, good second half.

He's talked about fitness not being up to the required level, which could be part of the explanation, but who knows.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Good thing now we mid season break chance for mikel to get more of his ideas to team also Mari Cedric and Kola all going to be fit

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The substitutions were poor as well, Willock for Özil is not gonna win you the game. Eddie came on far too late to make any real impact too. He wasn't brave enough to make any type of adjustment which may have been a risk but might have helped us create a more clear cut chance.

Gunner-Union

How much would he cost? Unless Villa do get relegated I don't think they will accept anything less than £70m.

Brilliant player though.
How much would he cost? Unless Villa do get relegated I don't think they will accept anything less than £70m.

Brilliant player though.

Let’s hope they go down. If we have to fork out then he’s worth it and still young. We should be getting rid of a lot of players imo.
Grealish. Lucas. Xhaka/or a powerhouse

RUS arsenal

Established Member
At this point our best chance to get into CL next season is winning the EL. Arteta sorting out the defense gives us a better chance to do this since defense generally wins out in cup games. However, he needs to figure out how to fix our attack in the next couple of month if we are to have any realistic hope.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You've said he's been unlucky or something, implying that he's done a good job.

Now, one game later, he's "just a rookie".. which he obviously is, he's only 10 games in.

Yeah, the subs are poor - but look at our bench options, there's not much to work with.
Yeah I think he’s done a good job and has been unlucky but after a while (five away draws in a row now) that saying of “you make your own luck” comes into play.

He’s a “promising rookie” I believe that’s what I said. That’s not an insult at all. But I’m not going to rate him as highly as everyone else does until I see a bit more.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You mean the stuff I was talking about in the general frustration thread? They were general frustrations of mine and I stand by the opinions I have. But some see it as controversial.
What was it?

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah I think he’s done a good job and has been unlucky but after a while (five away draws in a row now) that saying of “you make your own luck” comes into play.

He’s a “promising rookie” I believe that’s what I said. That’s not an insult at all. But I’m not going to rate him as highly as everyone else does until I see a bit more.

But who's rating him highly? Promising rookie is all he basically can be right now.

It probably comes down to people being excited finally seeing some patterns working again, after seeing nothing but a mess under Emery. It's not anything new that we didn't see until even Wenger's last game. But if he can build on that, and add the required players in the summer, then we surely will improve.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom