• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Brilliant performance. Most of the things he does in the video, he never does it anymore really. What a team we had there as well, Rosicky, Ramsey, Cazorla, FFS. What a pity we had Giroud and nobody else up front...

...this is another of his best...remember when I saw the team United put out, especially how slow their midfield was, I remember thinking "we are gonna destroy them today" and we did...shame we didn't score more, could have avenged the 8-2 here!

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I don't care what anyone says, I will always love Mesut & has always been one of my favourite Arsenal players of this century. I do still reckon he has it in him hence why I wouldn't be fussed if he stays till he retires. I just don't think he has the right players to show his true prowess & ability still.
For me, the longer he has been at Arsenal the "safer" his game became and the less effective he has become. I remember when he first came here he would look to create with almost every touch if there was any opportunity at all. The way he orchestrated counters was a thing of art but the last few seasons I noticed that he would choose to slow things down and retain possession rather than try to push the envelope when on a counter-attack. He kind of lost his identity and spark as a footballer but that's not to say he can't get it back.... though it is unlikely at this point.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I hate to go on and that, but his last assist in an away fixture was Jan 30th 2018... just over two years ago... and just 24 hours before he signed his fat new deal.

Amazing how highly rated both Özil and Sanchez were, versus both of them becoming kind of jokes after Mesut's new deal in 2018 and Alexis going to United...massive decline from both!

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why doesn't that apply to Lacazette?
It did though? He was new to England, he was carrying a knock, he was playing in an Emery team etc. We all gave him the benefit of the doubt, but that begins to fade, especially this season where we’ve seen him come short.

No excuses when a striker is missing chances and struggles to get shots off because his feet are a mess.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
It did though? He was new to England, he was carrying a knock, he was playing in an Emery team etc. We all gave him the benefit of the doubt, but that begins to fade, especially this season where we’ve seen him come short.

No excuses when a striker is missing chances and struggles to get shots off because his feet are a mess.
So what’s Özil excuse for his stats this season, and going back a few seasons now? Why is he defended?

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Razorist, is that you?

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

FFS he's a far and away our top earner so we have to surround him with Fifpro team before he can perform.

I swear I haven't seen a player being given the same leeway as Özil.

"Every sh*t performance he puts out is because of his teammates"

"He needs pace in the attack"

"Giroud is holding him back"

"Emery is holding him back"

"It's lacazette's Fault"

"He was injured"

"He was attacked by hoodlums"

"He needs a coach who trusts in him"

"Our defenders are sh*t"

The excuses are endless

bandaid

outlasted bumbumery and jujury and fweddie....
its nice to see how it makes some people backsides burn.
he gonna outlast all the trolls and haters.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
FFS he's a far and away our top earner so we have to surround him with Fifpro team before he can perform.

I swear I haven't seen a player being given the same leeway as Özil.

"Every sh*t performance he puts out is because of his teammates"

"He needs pace in the attack"

"Giroud is holding him back"

"Emery is holding him back"

"It's lacazette's Fault"

"He was injured"

"He was attacked by hoodlums"

"He needs a coach who trusts in him"

"Our defenders are sh*t"

The excuses are endless
Waiting for the same people to blame Arteta any time now... I ****ing love this thread so much. If it got locked I’d leave the forum :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Waiting for the same people to blame Arteta any time now... I ****ing love this thread so much. If it got locked I’d leave the forum :lol:
haha

The funniest comment I read yesterday in this. thread was "Özil is in the team to facilitate Saka"

:lol:

The excuses are getting very creative.

It used to be annoying, but now it's just funny.

It's my favourite thread. By far the most entertaining thread, even more than mustafi's

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

outlasted bumbumery and jujury and fweddie....
its nice to see how it makes some people backsides burn.
he gonna outlast all the trolls and haters.
Why can't the mods ban this troll?

Weren't you the one who called Wenger a fraud a couple of weeks ago?

@American_Gooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom