• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiltord's left boot

My geordie mate is telling me we should get Saint-Maximin as he reckons he's gonna step up next season...looks a bit rash and inconsistent from what I've seen.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think that would be the plan, but I guess Stuttgart - if they really remain interested until the summer - will be more interested in buying him, which I think isn't completely off as a) Mislintat is now at Stuttgart and he brought Mavropanos to Arsenal, and b) like the insider said, Sokratis and Mustafi might be obvious selling candidates but it's going to be tough to shift them, and then there's still David Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Holding and Chambers with the importance of the latter two being that they are homegrown. That's 7 CBs without Mavropanos already, still 5 if the club manages to sell Sokratis and Mustafi, and maybe there might be another CB signed depending on Mari's performance. That situation could have the potential for a permanen transfer of Mavropanos.
It would seem silly to sell this summer, we could loan him to a team in top league to play regularly and then judge whether to keep or sell for more than we would probably get this summer. Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafis contracts are all ending in 2021 too.
(other interesting thing about Mavropanos is he's been excelling at left CB.)

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It’s that time of year when the “Arsenal are skint” stories start to resurface. What takes the biscuit is he brings up Ryan Fraser again :lol: The whole article is a ****ing mess.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s that time of year when the “Arsenal are skint” stories start to resurface. What takes the biscuit is he brings up Ryan Fraser again :lol: The whole article is a ****ing mess.

Fwiw I’d take Fraser on a free. Don’t particularly rate him as a player but from a financial standpoint it makes sense.

Bournemouth were quoting 30M for him last summer and even if he stinks out the joint we could probably flip him for an easy 20M.

Sort of signing that helped Liverpool raise funds to get where they are now.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
It would seem silly to sell this summer, we could loan him to a team in top league to play regularly and then judge whether to keep or sell for more than we would probably get this summer. Sokratis, Luiz and Mustafis contracts are all ending in 2021 too.
(other interesting thing about Mavropanos is he's been excelling at left CB.)

Yeah, for Arsenal it would seem silly, but there's always two clubs, a player and his agents involved. That's why sometimes clubs cannot get a certain player or players just leave with a certain framework. And I have to admit, in the case of Mavropanos, as unfortunate the situation might be for Arsenal, the circumstances of a massive amount of CBs - some of those needed to stay for homegrown rules -, another one arriving in the summer already, him not getting many games at Arsenal, him at the same time impressing at his Nuremburg loan - that's a selling context to me. I'd bet a loan with obligation to buy, or something around 3 or 4m with bonuses and he's off in the summer.

Goonger

If Gueye is true, might as well go for Upamecano & Eduoard, and we'd have half a potential French U21 team.

------- Saliba----Upamecano------

-----Guendouzi-----Gueye----------

----------------Eduoard--------------

Could then team them with our English youngsters and play a combined outfield French / English U21 team

AMN------Saliba-----Upamecano-----Saka

-----------Guendouzi-------Gueye-----------

-------Nelson---------ESR---------Edouard

-----------------------Nketiah---------------

PL champions 2023/2024.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

If Gueye is true, might as well go for Upamecano & Eduoard, and we'd have half a potential French U21 team.

------- Saliba----Upamecano------

-----Guendouzi-----Gueye----------

----------------Eduoard--------------

Could then team them with our English youngsters and play a combined outfield French / English U21 team

AMN------Saliba-----Upamecano-----Saka

-----------Guendouzi-------Gueye-----------

-------Nelson---------ESR---------Edouard

-----------------------Nketiah---------------

PL champions 2023/2024.
Martinelli?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, for Arsenal it would seem silly, but there's always two clubs, a player and his agents involved. That's why sometimes clubs cannot get a certain player or players just leave with a certain framework. And I have to admit, in the case of Mavropanos, as unfortunate the situation might be for Arsenal, the circumstances of a massive amount of CBs - some of those needed to stay for homegrown rules -, another one arriving in the summer already, him not getting many games at Arsenal, him at the same time impressing at his Nuremburg loan - that's a selling context to me. I'd bet a loan with obligation to buy, or something around 3 or 4m with bonuses and he's off in the summer.
I agree with your analysis. Don't think it would be a disaster if we sold Mavropanos for a nominal fee €4-5 million with buyback and sell-on. Could be good for his development too, allowing him to fully focus on his new club.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pau Torres would be another smart option at LCB.
I haven't watched him play. But some of my friends who have are giving him rave reviews.

But do we really need another LCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom