• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Giroud is a fraud, I’m personally glad he’s behind us to be honest.
He wasn’t awful but had no business being our only striker uncontested for god knows how long. The bloody cheek of people crying over Lacazette.

Speaking of frauds, what has Özil done (or hasn’t done) to see this thread bumped?

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I usually try to stay away from this thread, and myself think Özil's time here is definitely over, but I just thought it interesting how different people can evaluate the same thing. There's a strong case to be made, and I think it's been very evident during the time Özil was frozen out by Emery, that what you describe here basically as being useless or even hiding, is massively important for a possession based game: Moving around into free spaces, keeping the ball circulation alive with "sideways and backwards" passing - you can't always pass forward - and thus keeping in possession, and that Özil has been very important for Arsenal in that regard, while of course his direct output has dropped off significantly.
We don't pay him that amount of money to "pass backwards or sideways" or to help us " Retain possession"

Any half decent cm can do that

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

He wasn’t awful but had no business being our only striker uncontested for god knows how long. The bloody cheek of people crying over Lacazette.

Speaking of frauds, what has Özil done (it hasn’t done) to see this thread bumped?
I don't get this sudden love for Giroud. I'm not saying he wasn't a great servant but some on here are overrating him.

It seems some people have short memory. They've forgotten those long barren run he use to have.

I know Laca is **** and we should get rid, but that doesn't mean we should overrate one bum just to put down another bum.

Giroud was a bum. The club made the correct decision to sell him for 15m. Now we have a better striker than him

Jae

I don't get this sudden love for Giroud. I'm not saying he wasn't a great servant but some on here are overrating him.

It seems some people have short memory. They've forgotten those long barren run he use to have.

I know Laca is **** and we should get rid, but that doesn't mean we should overrate one bum just to put down another bum.

Giroud was a bum. The club made the correct decision to sell him for 15m. Now we have a better striker than him

Football fans are fickle mate. He was sh1te according to 90% of the forum prior to him leaving, don't think anyone was sad to see him go. People have very short (and selective) memories.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Speaking of frauds, what has Özil done (or hasn’t done) to see this thread bumped?
How many trophies with Giroud?
How many since he left?

roz

Fake News Merchant
Football fans are fickle mate. He was sh1te according to 90% of the forum prior to him leaving, don't think anyone was sad to see him go. People have very short (and selective) memories.
Always rated him. I find him just as frustrating Auba tbh. Both are far from perfect. Giroud didnt score enough. Auba cant really do team play which for a team like Arsenal is weird. Granted the more effective player is Auba but I just preferred our style of play with Giroud.
One of the reasons I reckon Arteta doesnt play Auba is due to his all round game being sub par

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

How many since he left?
We won trophies in-spite of Giroud and Özil. Not because of them.

You gonna bring up their WC medals as well? :lol:
The one Mustafi also won

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

How many since he left?
So, Giroud won 3 fa cup for us?

:facepalm:

I get that you don't like Lacazette and want him sold. I want him gone too, but you have to be honest that Giroud was a bum.

Your post reeks of agenda

Last edited:

roz

Fake News Merchant
So, Giroud won 3 fa cup for us?

: facepalm:

I get that you don't like Lacazette and want him sold. I want him gone too, but you have to be honest that Giroud was a bum.

Your post reeks of agenda
No agenda here officer. Just found it funny how so many cream over Joe Gomez who happens to play alongside one of the finest CBs ever got twisted out by the much maligned Giroud

GDeep™

League is very weak
No agenda here officer. Just found it funny how so many cream over Joe Gomez who happens to play alongside one of the finest CBs ever got twisted out by the much maligned Giroud
What’s wrong with getting twisted by Giroud? Giroud is one of the top target men on the planet on his day. Will play for France this summer.

You’re making too much of Gomez having issues against Giroud.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kos was under rated. Held his own in what was an attack based team, guy had no protection at all really.

Abit lightweight you can say, wasn’t English speaking and vocal so felt like you were playing without the big leader at the back we are used to in English football.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

That same world class CB got twisted inside out by an unknown kid in the cl.

Don't know what your point is

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

We won trophies in-spite of Giroud and Özil. Not because of them.

You gonna bring up their WC medals as well? :lol:
The one Mustafi also won
It's all agenda, mate.

The same Giroud that played with a midfield of prime Özil, Cazorla, Ramsey, wilshere, Arteta that never managed more than 16 pl goals.

Laca is ****, but pls don't make Oli to become world class because he wasn't and he still isn't.

Those clamouring for Giroud to be brought back are probably the same people who wanted Mourinho. Those his trademark barren runs was part of what cost us the league in 2015/2016.

The best argument you and your likes have in favour of Giroud is "But...but he won us 3 fa cups"

Anyway, this is an Özil thread. No point derailing it.

Agenda merchants everywhere

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can’t even be mad at gangster O. Earning £20m a year on his retirement tour.

Love it.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom