• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Dani Ceballos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
We can want him to stay all we want but it feels like he does have his heart set on making a success of himself at Madrid.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good movement and a good defensive shift too. He's calm on the ball and we had the option to pass from defence to the MF. He was everywhere and it was a good all round display. However, he doesn't set the tempo or control play. He's not chipping in with goals or assists but he is useful. I'm just not sure if he's right for us. If we keep him, then we clear the MF and buy players that compliment him and help us function better.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Not good enough. A few pretty pirouettes don't make up for his lack of vision and pace.
He was playing the 8 role.
no word of a lie he was magnificent yesterday. Haven’t seen an individual midfield performance for some time. Possibly different watching on the telly.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He was our best player by some distance yesterday. Hardly a “squaddie”.

Our best player in a very poor performance by the team. Hardly a ringing endorsement here.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He clearly has more quality than some of our other midfield options. Yesterday he was fairly good but playing next to someone like Xhaka can pull anyones performance down. Wouldn't mind seeing him and Guendouzi as a base midfield pair.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
These are good stats for someone you don't really associate with the defensive side of the game

Such a well rounded, talented complete midfielder.

Ceballos is what Arsenal fans hoped Diaby and Ramsey would be.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He was playing the 8 role.
no word of a lie he was magnificent yesterday. Haven’t seen an individual midfield performance for some time. Possibly different watching on the telly.
Yes, exactly what I was thinking. I went to the game and he was class, he ran the show for us to be honest. Its crazy how you see things so differently at the game compared to those watching on TV.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yes, exactly what I was thinking. I went to the game and he was class, he ran the show for us to be honest. Its crazy how you see things so differently at the game compared to those watching on TV.
Glad someone else agrees! Thought maybe id had a few too many pregame.
Worrying how flat we were though, didn't even think they made it that difficult for us

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Glad someone else agrees! Thought maybe id had a few too many pregame.
Worrying how flat we were though, didn't even think they made it that difficult for us
Yeahh the problem was Ceballos was getting into dangerous positions but then had no one to pass to. I feel like our mids always have to play it safe.

He wasnt getting any willingness from Özil to link up, so he'd have to pass sideways after doing some good work.

We really need to sort out the number 10 position and the shape of our attacking line.

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeahh the problem was Ceballos was getting into dangerous positions but then had no one to pass to. I feel like our mids always have to play it safe.

He wasnt getting any willingness from Özil to link up, so he'd have to pass sideways after doing some good work.

We really need to sort out the number 10 position and the shape of our attacking line.
This is something I have also noticed. Theoretically we should have a much better connect between Özil and Ceballos but it just doesn`t seem to exist in the game. I just can`t understand why that is the case.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻

Funnily, I thought Özil did better with his movement and ball carrying but as @blrgooner said, there isn't that connection between Ceballos and him. The lack of pace and other ballers makes all the difference imo. The two need another outlet and neither has pace or is a goal threat. That's why Özil and Alexis worked better whilst the rest stood and watched.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Ceballos always was able defensively. Shame we weren't able to see him kick on and he'll probably not return next season. There might be possibilities given RM are sorted in midfield as far as I can see but very slight probability.

I had really high hopes of him, Douzi and Torreira forming a decent midfield this season.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Interesting twitter thread and I am not at all surprised by these stats considering Ceballos performances

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom