• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Coutinho's stock has taken a hit, but isn't he still worth a ton of money? Barcelona bought him for 160 million and Bayern's option is set at 120 million. You'd still need to pay some big bucks to obtain him, that makes him unrealistic for Arsenal imo. The only way it can work is if he's loaned again, which also doesn't make sense.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bayern are paying about £30m in total for the year long loan of Coutinho. His wages are absolutely ridiculous, dwarf Ozils.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I voted for LW but that was ages ago. Since then Saka has given me confidence that when Tierney returns, he can move forward. For me its all about the midfield, its bloody awful.

We have no physicality and no one to bring the ball forward. Ceballos is very technical but I don't see us keeping him even if he becomes available. Willock & Guendouzi don't seem to be trusted by Arteta, that leaves Xhaka and Torreira. The latter I'm still not sure about and Xhaka I still want to sell. We basically need a new midfield that protects the defence and links with the attack. What we currently have does neither.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Imagine paying 30m for a couple of long-shot goals, awful stuff.
Still better business than 5m for Cedric though.

Cedric? The right back that have been a regular feature in an overall impressive Southampton side the last 5 or so years? Bad biz for 5 mil? for a squad role?

K den

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

If we need to cash in on Xhaka which we do imo aswell & to partner Torreira in our CM, I wouldn't mind Ndidi from Leicester. Issue with him I feel though is he might be a bit to much like Xhaka, we might need a deeper playmaker in their like Ceballos. He's young & in the defensive mould, probably a cheaper option then a few guys aswell, doesn't give away as many fouls as Xhaka does either.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Please God no. Anyone else is good enough for me.

We've already got enough on our plate this summer as it is. Getting someone familiar in for a season while we search out a replacement would be far more sensible than letting Raul or Kia loose on a big signing this summer.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I do think that most of the links we get to these guys are more to help out the agent raise the players stock, rather than us being properly interested in signing them.

We have been linked to a plethora of them, imo Luiz was an alright signing given the situation, and Cedric was contraversial but we needed an RB.

This summer is gonna say so much about Raul and our activity with agents. We need the right signings, and I am expecting us to try and sign them.

Last edited:

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
I do think that most of the links we get to these guys are more to help out the agent raise the players stock, rather than us being properly interested in signing them.

We have been linked to a plethora of them, imo Luiz was a decent signing given the situation, and Cedric was contraversial but we needed an RB.

This summer is gonna say so much about Raul and our activity with agents. We need the right signings, and I am expecting us to try and sign them.

Mari also linked to Kia isn't he? Three players in such a short space of time. These guys don't miss an opportunity and the kroenkes, and our club in the process, their next cash cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom