• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t believe we lost Chez and Fabianski and ended up settling on poorer players. Wish we had them today.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Those Peyton quotes ffs :lol:

Shambles mate. Szczesny irks me to this day, if we’d have just hired a competent coach he’d have been a world class keeper for us for literally no fee.

Could’ve saved all the money spent on Ospina, Leno and Cech instead.

Said it a million times before, Fabianski was the only player who never got a fair crack from Wenger.

Szczesny as well, don’t think people realise how badly we ****ed up letting him go. At Roma he kept Alisson on the bench and really he should’ve been starting every game for Juventus if it wasn’t for sentimentality for Buffon.

He turned into one of the best keepers in the world as soon as he left ffs.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Can’t believe we lost Chez and Fabianski and ended up settling on poorer players. Wish we had them today.

Dont understand why Wenger clinged on with that awful GK coach, its obvious that he was the problem. Fab and Woj are thrice the players now than they ever displayed here. Woj is the best of the lot but i rate Leno more than Fab, just a tiny bit

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Tbf the real changes needed to happen behind the scenes. Fabianski is one of the best keepers in the league and Szczesny now is one of the most underrated, he’s certainly in a class of his own in Serie A with Donnarumma having a down year.

Both of them said in a joint interview what a joke our Goalkeeping coach Gerry Peyton was.

If we’d have binned Peyton when he was clearly past it we’d not have had to lose two of the best goalkeepers around today and would have saved loads of money on the Cech, Leno and Ospina fees.

Also briefly on Cech, it’s no coincidence that once the club didn’t also bring in his goalkeeping coach from Chelsea like they were rumoured to, his form went off a cliff when he got here.

Wenger’s failing unlike Ferguson was not keeping the behind the scenes staff fresh, our horrific injury record, recruitment and development can all be traced back to guys on Wenger’s staff he was loyal to that had been around since the Invincibles. They were dinosaurs.

On Debuchy, I think it’s a lose-lose signing tbh. You give him a long contract, you’re buying from within the league and he’s not exactly young. It’s these mid level deals that f*cked us. The fees chip into your budget and you can’t get rid of the players afterwards.

Guys like Kieran Trippier were available for a fraction of that price and as Sp**s showed with him, he had huge resale value.

Will always love that exchange between Woj and Lukasz :rofl:

We were such a bizarre club in the 2010s...and we are carrying that excellent form right into the 2020s!

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Dont understand why Wenger clinged on with that awful GK coach, its obvious that he was the problem. Fab and Woj are thrice the players now than they ever displayed here. Woj is the best of the lot but i rate Leno more than Fab, just a tiny bit

Woj lost his place after than Soton game and bad attitude after conceded goals.

Maybe it was harsh from Wenger.It was game on New Year and Woj was still on his minds on some Vodka from last night.

50-funniest-pictures-of-the-season.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
We signed Alexis, Welbeck, Debuchy, Chambers, Ospina and Bielik. Decent signings but only Alexis was really an improvement. Debuchy could've been good if it wasn't for injuries.
“Decent” is generous. Alexis is the only clear success there.

Ospina and Gabriel were awful, Bielik didn’t amount to anything and Debuchy was a waste. Have a bit more time for Chambers and Welbeck, but not sure they’d ever amount to anything but useful squaddies even if they’d stayed fit.

say yes

forum master baiter
Shambles mate. Szczesny irks me to this day, if we’d have just hired a competent coach he’d have been a world class keeper for us for literally no fee.

Could’ve saved all the money spent on Ospina, Leno and Cech instead.

Szczesny as well, don’t think people realise how badly we ****ed up letting him go. At Roma he kept Alisson on the bench and really he should’ve been starting every game for Juventus if it wasn’t for sentimentality for Buffon.

He turned into one of the best keepers in the world as soon as he left ffs.
Yeah Szczesny situation was bizarre. Something he did clearly passed a point of no-return for Wenger, because he had the quality to succeed here.

Over it all now we’ve got Leno though. Think he’s a top GK.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Ospina and Gabriel were awful, Bielik didn’t amount to anything and Debuchy was a waste. Have a bit more time for Chambers and Welbeck, but not sure they’d ever amount to anything but useful squaddies even if they’d stayed fit.
Bielik sold for a massive profit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Those are signings that a even a top 10 club wouldn’t make today. Just shows you what we were working with.

Felt like the whole budget went on Sanchez and we were scrambling around to fill other holes on peanuts.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Those are signings that a even a top 10 club wouldn’t make today. Just shows you what we were working with.

Felt like the whole budget went on Sanchez and we were scrambling around to fill other holes on peanuts.

There were better choices we could’ve made to save money for someone in the middle of the park though.

If we’d extended Fabianski and got in a decent Goalkeeping coach, bought Kieran Trippier, and given Isaac Hayden a chance we could’ve saved 35M by not buying Debuchy, Chambers and Ospina.

Could have gone big in the middle of the park, or even cheap with someone like Idrissa Gueye.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There were better choices we could’ve made to save money for someone in the middle of the park though.

If we’d extended Fabianski and got in a decent Goalkeeping coach, bought Kieran Trippier, and given Isaac Hayden a chance we could’ve saved 35M by not buying Debuchy, Chambers and Ospina.

Could have gone big in the middle of the park, or even cheap with someone like Idrissa Gueye.
I had mentioned Trippier around then, called him the best RB in the league or future England player etc, got killed on here for about two years. I’m sure @yousif_arsenal and his gang found my Trippier love amusing at the time.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Yeah it was terrible I was just being nice. Welbeck was sh*t but I still had time for him and Chambers hasn't done anything since we signed him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I had mentioned Trippier around then, called him the best RB in the league or future England player etc, got killed on here for about two years. I’m sure @yousif_arsenal and his gang found my Trippier love amusing at the time.
At Sp**s i really never convinced by him he was decent but nothing special at A. Madrid he really doing well

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

At Sp**s i really never convinced by him he was decent but nothing special at A. Madrid he really doing well

Hes not very good at dribbling or very fast but he’s world class at crossing and he’s good defensively.

Good middle point between AWB and Trent, should probably start in the Euros next year for England.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Good middle point between AWB and Trent, should probably start in the Euros next year for England.
Interesting because there will be a riot in the country if golden boy Trent doesn’t start. Defensively though he’s not really up to it.

say yes

forum master baiter
Hes not very good at dribbling or very fast but he’s world class at crossing and he’s good defensively.

Nah it’s got to be TAA. Insane RB options though.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom