• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I don't dislike Arteta although it probably comes across that way at times. He should never have landed this job. The journey should not be assistant manager at City to Arsenal manager. It should be Man City number two to a La Liga (mid-table) or Championship/lower prem team and then Arsenal if you prove yourself.

It's a travesty that our work experience manager has less experience than Lampard or Ole both of whom had relative success before landing a top job.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don't dislike Arteta although it probably comes across that way at times. He should never have landed this job. The journey should not be assistant manager at City to Arsenal manager. It should be Man City number two to a La Liga (mid-table) or Championship/lower prem team and then Arsenal if you prove yourself.

It's a travesty that our work experience manager has less experience than Lampard or Ole both of whom had relative success before landing a top job.

There is no formula you follow. You can’t discard a man who you rate and have belief in only because he lacks experience. We hired people like Raul and Edu to make these calls.

We tried your experienced route anyway with Emery, and it FLOPPED massively.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I can only imagine how crazy Arsenal fans would have gone if Arsène or Emery lost to Olympiakos over 2 legs.
Arteta would’ve have got killed too if he wasn’t in the job for only 3 months.

Arsenal shouldn’t be losing to Olympiakos over two legs, ever, but you give Arteta a pass as a new manager thrown into a **** situation.

truth_hurts

There is no formula you follow. You can’t discard a man who you rate and have belief in only because he lacks experience. We hired people like Raul and Edu to make these calls.

We tried your experienced route anyway with Emery, and it FLOPPED massively.

There are exceptions to rules, Emery took us from 6th and a European semi to 5th and a European final with a pittance to develop his squad and having to learn a new language.

Not sure the answer was to go polar opposite with the hire a successful manager to go towards a manager with ZERO experience.

higher than 5th and a European final is a low bar for a first season I suppose. No doubt King Arteta will improve on that hugely next season...

truth_hurts

Plus it isn't MY experienced route, it's the route that Liverpool, City and Leicester took and guess what? They are the current top 3.

GDeep™

League is very weak
There are exceptions to rules, Emery took us from 6th and a European semi to 5th and a European final with a pittance.
Not true. He got a new spine with Leno, Sok, Torreira and Auba who was starting his first full season here - Wenger only had Auba for a few months.

We should’ve walked CL with our eyes closed had it not been for his tinkering. He cost us the CL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Plus it isn't MY experienced route, it's the route that Liverpool, City and Leicester took and guess what? They are the current top 3.
They are top 3 because they are also 3 of the best run clubs in the country, and two of those clubs have been massively backed by owners. City and Liverpool are in the top 3/4 of the biggest wages in Europe.

Leicester for years have scouted and developed players brilliantly. Behind the scenes, they are a phenomenal story.

Managers are merely a piece of the jigsaw, especially at City and Leicester. At Liverpool, Klopp has been more influential.

Arsenal, on the other hand, are poorly run.

truth_hurts

Not true. He got a new spine with Leno, Sok, Torreira and Auba who was starting his first full season here - Wenger only had Auba for a few months.

We should’ve walked CL with our eyes closed had it not been for his tinkering. He cost us the CL.

I agree that he made a mistake in the final couple of months of the season. Walked CL? We have no right to suggest that after spending 2 seasons out of Europe's elite club competition.

He got a new spine because Wenger had neglected the spine for a decade. This isn't a Wenger bashing session, not is it an Emery lauding one, but Arteta as an appointment doesn't inspire me at all. He's a novice. Even if he does well, I just see the gap between us and our former rivals widening.

He gets no excuses from me when I see Nuno and Rodgers doing so well with so much less. I expect Arteta to have us back in the top 4 next season or I'm labelling him a flop.

truth_hurts

They are top 3 because they are also 3 of the best run clubs in the country, and two of those clubs have been massively backed by owners. City and Liverpool are in the top 3/4 of the biggest wages in Europe.

Leicester for years have scouted and developed players brilliantly. Behind the scenes, they are a phenomenal story.

Managers are merely a piece of the jigsaw, especially at City and Leicester. At Liverpool, Klopp has been more influential.

Arsenal, on the other hand, are poorly run.

Easy to say, but not measurable at all. Pep, Klopp and Rodgers have all changed the footballing culture of their clubs. City are rich, but Klopp and Leicester have had to sell to buy. Rebuilding your squad is a skill.

Wenger failed in rebuilds and Emery wasn't backed. It seems odd to lambast Emery in one post and then suggest managers who have done well have done so because they have been backed by the board.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Easy to say, but not measurable at all. Pep, Klopp and Rodgers have all changed the footballing culture of their clubs. City are rich, but Klopp and Leicester have had to sell to buy. Rebuilding your squad is a skill.

Wenger failed in rebuilds and Emery wasn't backed. It seems odd to lambast Emery in one post and then suggest managers who have done well have done so because they have been backed by the board.
Liverpool and Leicester have been very clever at buying and selling to up their squad value but it's not down to Klopp or Puel/Rodgers, there's a whole team working on transfers and the business side of the club.

Just as it wasn't Emery or Wenger's fault if our transfer have been poor in recent years. Gazidis' stat DNA takes it's share of the blame for sure. Far too early for robot scouts.

truth_hurts

Liverpool and Leicester have been very clever at buying and selling to up their squad value but it's not down to Klopp or Puel/Rodgers, there's a whole team working on transfers and the business side of the club.

Just as it wasn't Emery or Wenger's fault if our transfer have been poor in recent years. Gazidis' stat DNA takes it's share of the blame for sure. Far too early for robot scouts.

Off the pitch, Leicester and Liverpool are conducting better business. They are also making mockeries of us on the pitch. Ndidi, Choudry and Maddison should not be running rings around Xhaka, Ceballos/Torreria and Özil. Nor should Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum. I don't trust us up against Burnley or Newcastle these days.

Arteta has got next season to show me something to make me believe. I'm not mad at him, but rather the board.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Off the pitch, Leicester and Liverpool are conducting better business. They are also making mockeries of us on the pitch. Ndidi, Choudry and Maddison should not be running rings around Xhaka, Ceballos/Torreria and Özil. Nor should Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum. I don't trust us up against Burnley or Newcastle these days.

Arteta has got next season to show me something to make me believe. I'm not mad at him, but rather the board.

Have you ever seen Xhaka run? He fouls so much because he can't keep up with players, why would you be surprised at players running rings around him and a toddler like Torreira?

Manberg

Predator

Maybe their midfielders are better than you give them credit for? And/Or ours are not as good as you think.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The players cost us CL let’s not get it confused.

If you think these same guys are gonna do something different under Arteta you are sadly mistaken.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Losing Ramsey cost us the CL...... Torreira is yet to prove himself to be a better player than Elneny while Sokratis is not much of an upgrade from Mustafi. Our signings under Mislintat are overrated and didn't improve us by much, while Emery's fate was sealed after our disastrous summer transfer window under Raul.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Henderson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum can run, for 90 minutes, tackle cleanly, hold the ball well and most importantly, do not pass to the opposition. You can't say that about our players.

truth_hurts

My point regarding Leicester and Liverpool' midfield option is that their manager is getting the most out of them. Nobody of sane mind is telling me that Choudary and Maddison should be out performing Ceballos and Özil.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

My point regarding Leicester and Liverpool' midfield option is that their manager is getting the most out of them. Nobody of sane mind is telling me that Choudary and Maddison should be out performing Ceballos and Özil.
You're just running down their players to make Arteta look bad.

Show us footage of their players making the sort of unforced errors our players have made. Some like Xhaka and Mustafi under Wenger, Emery, Freddie and Mikel.

You need to watch 'Sunderland until I die' and see how a succession of managers cannot turn a sows ear into a silk purse.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom