• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah perhaps, but you still need someone with vision, right?

I was watching this video of ESR and he looks like a very promising young player, but his standout trait here is dribbling. He isn't getting his head up and looking for killer passes, which indicates he might be better as an 8 than a 10. Willock too probably isn't a 10.

Whereas you look at this of Ødegaard and his vision is outstanding. He's always looking to make that killer pass to break open a defence. Just using Ødegaard as an example, he's probably not available. But that sort of player is what we're lacking imo.

I wouldn't say you need a player with vision as a specific trait. We have a player with the best vision in the world and a forward with the best movement in the world. You don't see Özil playing through ball after through ball. It's such an exaggerated trait, vision.

Ødegaard looks good in Spain. However, in England ESR has a development curve that could end up surpassing him if I am honest.

ESR has very very interesting traits and saying he lacks vision is an oversight. He plays the pass inside the full back, he switches the play, he sees the right cut back, he has the weight of pass on the run.

Power, strength, close control in tight spaces, first touch, bravery, shooting technique, timing of runs and work ethic are his traits. He wont find a through all out of nowhere, but if it's on he will see it.

There is almost a 2 year development gap between the two of them. ESR needs a full year loan. He along with Martinelli, Saka and Nelson are our most exciting prospects. Willock could be to if moved deeper.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah Ødegaard will probably stay another year at Sociedad then return to Madrid. Foden is a strange one. It seems like he's constantly feted up there at City but still not given enough minutes on the pitch. It's as if they like the idea of him more than the reality of actually playing him. If they bought Aouar that would certainly be the end for Foden, he should look elsewhere for regular minutes.
I don't think they'll want to make the Sancho mistake all over again though

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't say you need a player with vision as a specific trait. We have a player with the best vision in the world and a forward with the best movement in the world. You don't see Özil playing through ball after through ball. It's such an exaggerated trait, vision.

Ødegaard looks good in Spain. However, in England ESR has a development curve that could end up surpassing him if I am honest.

ESR has very very interesting traits and saying he lacks vision is an oversight. He plays the pass inside the full back, he switches the play, he sees the right cut back, he has the weight of pass on the run.

Power, strength, close control in tight spaces, first touch, bravery, shooting technique, timing of runs and work ethic are his traits. He wont find a through all out of nowhere, but if it's on he will see it.

There is almost a 2 year development gap between the two of them. ESR needs a full year loan. He along with Martinelli, Saka and Nelson are our most exciting prospects. Willock could be to if moved deeper.

Perhaps i'm being harsh but at the moment I don't rate him as highly as some Arsenal fans, I've still not seen him doing anything that made me sit up and think holy sh*t this guy has top quality. I don't think comparisons to De Bruyne are helpful either. But yes I agree that he'd benefit from a full year playing out on loan.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I mean we were linked to Orkun Kokcu recently, which is the sort of player i'm on about - young attacking midfielder still relatively under the radar.

Or take a look at someone like Milot Rashica. Could be bought for a reasonable fee seeing as Bremen might be relegated. Although I see Leipzig might have already gone for him, which is just typical.

Forget the likes of Havertz and Aouar, we're not getting them. Need to be a bit more creative.

benjamin86

Established Member
Buendia another one, not as glamorous, but could be a gem.
I'd really like us to get Buendia, i think we could play him either at CAM or in a midfield 3 as an attacking b2b player. He could be Cazorla mark 2 for us.

(dribbling and passing in this video really reminds me Cazorla.)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can Buendia actually play in a midfield 3? He isnt prolific enough to be an actual no.10 but if he could use his stocky physique to his advantage he can become a rugged but technically proficient CM. I would like us to try.

He'd be a clever pickup who at worse would be a squad option for us, but he certianly has a ceiling. Considering we are focusing on other positions maybe he can be the cost effective solution for our creativity issue. I dont see us losing in whatever scenario, he'll have some sell on value regardless.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Is Buendia actually good (haven't watched Norwich much) or is everyone basing it on FM?

benjamin86

Established Member
Can Buendia actually play in a midfield 3? He isnt prolific enough to be an actual no.10 but if he could use his stocky physique to his advantage he can become a rugged but technically proficient CM. I would like us to try.

He'd be a clever pickup who at worse would be a squad option for us, but he certianly has a ceiling. Considering we are focusing on other positions maybe he can be the cost effective solution for our creativity issue. I dont see us losing in whatever scenario, he'll have some sell on value regardless.
I don't see why not, he plays on the right of an attacking 3 for Norwich but he usually plays quite narrow with Aarons overlapping. He puts in lots of defensive work and it really good at bringing the ball out from the back. I think we could use him in a similar fashion to City use De Bruyne.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Buendia and Cantwell both look like they could be top 4 players from what i've seen. Conversly i don't get the hype on Aarons, Maitland Niles did a better job at similar age and it was a new position for him.
Aarons is a little overrated currently but he's still a very promising talent. I still think Bogle's the real gem. He's at the same level IMO but cheaper and honestly I think he might have the higher ceiling.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Watching our current team try to play "The Arsenal Way" is kinda funny actually...

Well, kind of funny and kind of sad...

Well, kind of funny, kind of sad and kind of rage inducing.

I try to keep things prior to Arteta separate to my judgement as good as possible and I gotta say that we've had a couple of games under Arteta already that were actually pretty much the Arsenal way.

The ManU and Chelsea games were especially impressive.

It isn't all bad and we also did not have a piece of art every single same back in that time you are talking about.

There's room for some hope and optimism as much as there is the other side.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They were banking on us getting into the CL and using him as a stopgap. We need to move on from these type of deals, we as a club have done far too many stopgap moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom