• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Cant see Arteta being the next sacking. If he really blows rest of season either Raul / the other guy will be gone or the club brings in a CEO above them all to sort the **** out.

However you feel about Stan this is being run very badly below him. You **** up three transfer windows & then appoint a manger with zero experience that struggles... thats on your head.

Whickham

In my opinion, Arsenal has made a big mistake for not signing a proper manager like Ancelotti or Enrique, instead of hiring inexperienced Arteta as our manager, our squad is too thin and I don't blame Arteta for this, he's not a magician to clean all the mess inside the club overnight but I feel like the job is too big for him.

Ashybashy86

The problem with that is that the fans will always want different managers. Surely you get behind him when appointed? Or you just end up with a permanently divided fanbase at every appointment.

Go after the players and the owners, that is where the responsibility lies.
I think we can all agree that we need an overhaul from top to bottom.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Honestly, it looks like a lot of the players don’t care? Too much smiling when things are going on. I don’t get it.

I don’t want to be that guy who bashes players for smiling, but these guys are weird.

Arteta sees this and it's why he's starting who he starts. The hungry ones. Injuries have hampered this and it's gonna mean we perform worse for the rest of the season.

I personally back it because it's the only way to get the winning mentality back

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly, it looks like a lot of the players don’t care? Too much smiling when things are going on. I don’t get it.

I don’t want to be that guy who bashes players for smiling, but these guys are weird.
Because they don’t care. Our captain doesn’t give a ****, he’s off and knows it.

People can turn on as many managers as they want but nothing will change until we get our **** together in the transfer market.

Bellerin - Mustafi - Holding - Kolasinac
Ceballos - Guendouzi

This is not a line-up that a well run club in the transfer market would field. Even with injuries.

Revolution

Investment on players alone won't solve anything, the club took a gamble hiring Arteta and if he is going to succeed then he'll need 12-18 months at the very least to make an impact. The team have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot. It happened under Wenger and Emery, it happened on Wednesday, it happened again today and it may well happen in the run in.

This side will not finish in a Europa spot, nevermind top four. It just isn't good enough and what the hell is the point of qualifying for the Champions League when all you are doing is making up the numbers.

A root and branch is needed and it will take time. The midfield is the most pressing concern: Xhaka, Cabellos aren't good enough to begin with. Get in players who can do the basics right.

I feel for Arteta because it's uncharted territory, but it can be an exciting era. We all anticipated it'll get worse before it gets better.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I thought some of his decisions were mind-boggling today. But these players have let down successive managers we can't just keep changing managers and expect things to change with this group of players. A leopard doesn't change its spots. Perhaps Arteta is out of his depth but I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt over the players.

With that being said going 5-2-3 at the end was such an odd move, seemed cowardly. Emery-esque. Why not just bring on Özil and see if he can create something? Instead we essentially had Tierney playing as a winger.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Barring a few, they're a band of sh!tehawks. I've only got time for the youngsters, Auba and Pepe.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It’s a sorry state when the coach is the only one taking accountability by the way. The players all say the same **** before we see them pissing about, laughing/dancing/strolling around in training. The board are silent unless they make a big money signing, then they compete to all get in shot (see the Pepe signing). Our owner is probably waxing a horse as we speak, guy couldn’t give a ****.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
You don’t think him taking over from the mess left by Emery and mistakes of previous years is making it hard for him?

A loss to Brighton in there first game in 100 days isn't the time to be going through the 'Poor Arteta' rhetoric. I don't want to hear it.

This prick keeps talking about accountability. He needs to take some ownership of the horror show he is leading.

I thought some of his decisions were mind-boggling today. But these players have let down successive managers we can't just keep changing managers and expect things to change with this group of players. A leopard doesn't change its spots. Perhaps Arteta is out of his depth but I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt over the players.

With that being said going 5-2-3 at the end was such an odd move, seemed cowardly. Emery-esque. Why not just bring on Özil and see if he can create something? Instead we essentially had Tierney playing as a winger.

The decision making is after watching them for every day, for hours play in training. It's Arteta that takes a decision because he has all the information.

Apparently Özil is not ready. He put Özil on and he does nothing. You guys all get angry you know.

Because Arteta take this difficult decision and the players let him down its Arteta who get all the blame.

I'm lowering my expectations down to just zero. I think we might lose all the games we have left.

I still believe Arteta is the right fit for us. He will develop well as a manager as we move forward! We just have to support him with the right signings.

The only worry sign for me is that he seems to have been involved in signing Mari which doesn't fill me with confidence. There seems to be nobody at the club that can make at least some decent calls in the transfer market.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He’s been here 3 months if you take out the lockdown.

Yes, let's ignore the lockdown and pretend we were great before hand.

He got us knocked out of Europe at home to Olympiakos and got outplayed by Brighton and Newcastle. Somebody else's fault though right?

Most of the players we have aren't ready to work hard. They had it easy under Wenger and they just are not gonna let Emery and Arteta come in and demand them to work hard. Its why we need to get rid of most of these players.

The culture is the people. To change the culture you need to change the people.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes, let's ignore the lockdown and pretend we were great before hand.

He got us knocked out of Europe at home to Olympiakos and got outplayed by Brighton and Newcastle. Somebody else's fault though right?
A manager coming in mid season normally gets given some leeway. I just think he’s come into a massive mess.

Look at a Mourinho, having his worst run EVER.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom