• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I wrote a long essay in this thread about players not taking the club seriously. When you extend Luiz's contract for a year after that abomination of a performance, who would take the club seriously anymore? They see a player who pulls off one of the worst ever performance by an Arsenal defender in a decade and we award him a new contract within a week. Players now know that the club can be bullied. No wonder most of them walk around during the match like they never cared.
Great post / point. Club has little-to-no pride or self-respect, so why should the players?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Great post / point. Club has little-to-no pride or self-respect, so why should the players?

Tbh it's not even the lack of pride, I just think our execs are f*cking stupid.

How stupid do you have to be to let your club get into a state where Kia Joorabchian feels he can openly make comments about it.

Then you go and extend one of the players he has on his book? Jesus.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Tbh it's not even the lack of pride, I just think our execs are f*cking stupid.

How stupid do you have to be to let your club get into a state where Kia Joorabchian feels he can openly make comments about it.

Then you go and extend one of the players he has on his book? Jesus.
That too.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's not on Kronke that all 3 managers have picked poor line ups, and players.

It's not on Kronke that Luiz gives away a penalty every match.

It's not on Kronke that Emery blew up 2 chances for CL football.

It's not on Kronke that Arteta makes weird subs.

Theres a lot on Kronke for not investing but we cant blame him for hiring Raul and co who were praised from the mountains in August. They have had 1 proper window to show what they can do. Let's see summer but it doesnt look promising.
The lack of ideas and a system within the club is down to him. He can see the table and the results even if he can't see the difference between a good and bad performance. The lack of goals is obvious. He can see post Wenget that we've doent more than ever and things are getting worse. Any owner who cared would ask questions of his hired help. He hired Raul. If he's not performing, then he should find someone who can. If Raul blames the players, well who hired them and another failing manager? A good owner or a custodian like we used to have would ask a question or two-and it wouldn't have been asking the players to take a pay cut. This owner would rather knock Emirates down, build a Westfield and collect the rents. He's provided no vision and it shows.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The lack of ideas and a system within the club is down to him. He can see the table and the results even if he can't see the difference between a good and bad performance. The lack of goals is obvious. He can see post Wenget that we've doent more than ever and things are getting worse. Any owner who cared would ask questions of his hired help. He hired Raul. If he's not performing, then he should find someone who can. If Raul blames the players, well who hired them and another failing manager? A good owner or a custodian like we used to have would ask a question or two-and it wouldn't have been asking the players to take a pay cut. This owner would rather knock Emirates down, build a Westfield and collect the rents. He's provided no vision and it shows.

Who is to say Kronke isnt asking questions.

Raul and co havent been in the job a year yet. They had 1 window that everyone thought was great and on paper it looked quite good. No cause for concern from Kronke.

January window we tried to patch the squad up after injuries. Again the deals were abit weird but we dont know the ins and outs. Again wouldnt really be a huge red flag.

What happens in the summer will be the indicator.

Kronke cant sack a board without time and seeing how things materialise.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Who is to say Kronke isnt asking questions.

Raul and co havent been in the job a year yet. They had 1 window that everyone thought was great and on paper it looked quite good. No cause for concern from Kronke.

January window we tried to patch the squad up after injuries. Again the deals were abit weird but we dont know the ins and outs. Again wouldnt really be a huge red flag.

What happens in the summer will be the indicator.

Kronke cant sack a board without time and seeing how things materialise.
We'll have to disagree and we don't need to wait until summer. We've extended Luiz and hired Mari and Cedric permanently. If this is a stop gap to do a great job on the midfield then fair enough but I doubt it. These are poor decisions. If we've done this to get another Kia client, that's poorer still as Mendez, Raiola and Zahavi have all the top contacts. I'll wait without hope.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
We'll have to disagree and we don't need to wait until summer. We've extended Luiz and hired Mari and Cedric permanently. If this is a stop gap to do a great job on the midfield then fair enough but I doubt it. These are poor decisions. If we've done this to get another Kia client, that's poorer still as Mendez, Raiola and Zahavi have all the top contacts. I'll wait without hope.

I do agree in terms of the deals for those players you say. I think in general they are either too long or not good enough.

But until we see how the "important business" pans out we wont know.

I'm not holding my breath but if Partey/Top CB and maybe a Striker for Auba came in it may look ok. Who knows.

Not a big Arteta believer, but after the signings this week I can’t bash him if we are ****. Too many flaws by the three bumigos for a competent manager to succeed

If this is approved by Arteta I am with him. After all Klopp signed players like wijnaldum, Klavan, Karius etc. Few of them clicked some of them did not. As long as the Manager and the board have a common vision I don't mind. Can't stand the negativity around this place. And by the way our midfield needs way more attention over the summer than defense. So I guess the existing defense is enough for a team trying to get into top 6.Our midfield 's inability to hold possession and lethargic pressing is making our defenders look like clowns.

FFS even Leicester have gone through signings like slimani.
So let's wait and allow this team to develop. Let's see what our club does over the summer and next season performance on the pitch. I remember all of us agreeing that Arteta needs atleast 2 complete seasons before passing the verdict.

Cedric on a free and Mari on a small fee is not a problem. Our problem as many of u have pointed out is signing players and giving them high wages. Elneny Guendouzi Mhikitaryan Özil. Auba contract trying to sell Laca etc should have more priority. This season should be completely for rebuilding. Let's reassess the season after next. Patience is required. I know it has been 16 years but it is what it is.
If Guen is already on a high wage and he just got in from a League 2 side then some people need firing.
I feel most people, myself included, have given Arteta time but are frustrated with the way we play currently and his squad choices and game management.
The signings of Mari and Cedric were just **** signings imo.

Ashybashy86

How to do you conclude that Cedric and Mari are sub par I mean what is your basis for this conclusion?
Cedric has not even played for us. And he is back up RB behind Bellerin.
We don't know that Cedric is behind Bellerin as he hasn't played yet. He must be awful if he is.

Moah

I wrote a long essay in this thread about players not taking the club seriously. When you extend Luiz's contract for a year after that abomination of a performance, who would take the club seriously anymore? They see a player who pulls off one of the worst ever performance by an Arsenal defender in a decade and we award him a new contract within a week. Players now know that the club can be bullied. No wonder most of them walk around during the match like they never cared.

I think Arteta is letting them stay because he's a bit scared. At the end of the day, he's an inexperienced manager, so he maybe trying to make them his fall back option.

Now, he's got enough reasons to cover his shortcomings for at least another season. I was happy when he was first hired because I thought he'd be pushing from the other side and shake the rotten system the club is standing on.

First signs not looking good but lets hope he's some kind of superhero that would pull the carpet under their feet without them seeing it coming.

Brett

He's happy with them though. So...
Bellerin had been carrying a injury b4 restart. He was asked to play on as we did not have a backup.

Added to that AMN refused to play there compounded our problems. What AMN did was unpardonable, hence I feel he will see very few minutes here at Arsenal before being shipped out. Finally Sokratis played as RB.

Bellerin is not a world beater but is definitely top4 quality he has shown it in the past. His form was bad because of an injury. Cedric is just a backup or for cup games, and if at all he stakes a claim to first team spot isn't that healthy competition?

If we want a RB better than Bellerin then we need to spend 30 million minimum, you really think that RB is priority over next 2 years?

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

How to do you conclude that Cedric and Mari are sub par I mean what is your basis for this conclusion?
Cedric has not even played for us. And he is back up RB behind Bellerin.

We are not top 4 club anymore so please stop expecting very good players in all positions.
True, but we have to go based off of our recent track record with these sort of signings and it isn’t very good. If our recent history in the market wasn’t putting us further down the table every year I doubt fans would be skeptical. Instead every player we sign there’s a debate whether they’re good enough.
Its all about trust. I think Liverpool fans would be ok with pretty much any player they signed because their recent history has built trust.

Can’t give the club the benefit of doubt when we’re literally a sinking ship.

Brett

True, but we have to go based off of our recent track record with these sort of signings and it isn’t very good. If our recent history in the market wasn’t putting us further down the table every year I doubt fans would be skeptical. Instead every player we sign there’s a debate whether they’re good enough.
Its all about trust. I think Liverpool fans would be ok with pretty much any player they signed because their recent history has built trust.

Can’t give the club the benefit of doubt when we’re literally a sinking ship.
While I agree we have no other option than trusting our club.
Our recruitment team is relatively new.
The last stopgaps like Lichtsteiner and Sokratis etc were bought when Sven was around. So need to give the new team some time.
Even Luiz though has made errors in matches apparently is phenomenal in training sessions and Arteta wants to play out from the back so wants him to stay for one more season. We already have Saliba incoming. We have way too many defenders to sign anyone new.

So let's see I will be very intrigued to see, our midfield recruits. It will take at least 3 transfer windows with the same recruitment team and Coach for us to see what is the vision of Arteta. I am ready to wait I was more than happy when club let go Ramsey. We need to do the same with Auba, not give huge contracts.

I also believe getting Özil of our books either this season or the next when his contract will run down, will give us wiggle room to shape our squad properly.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom