• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Gunners1616

I don't know why this bloke is talking, he lumbered us with Sokratis/Lichtstiener/Mkhitaryan ffs.

Put some respect on Mislintat's name... We should have just trusted the guy. He was the perfect recruiter for a cheap club like ours.

Here is a compiled list of transfers during Mislintat's days as a Scout (BvB), Chief Scout (BvB), Director of Professional Football & Chief Scout (BvB), and Head of Recruitment (AFC):

iw4o2emu1na21.jpg

At Arsenal only Lichtsteiner was a big fail. Sokratis and Mkhitaryan were disappointing but far from being useless.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Put some respect on Mislintat's name... We should have just trusted the guy. He was the perfect recruiter for a cheap club like ours.

Here is a compiled list of transfers during Mislintat's days as a Scout (BvB), Chief Scout (BvB), Director of Professional Football & Chief Scout (BvB), and Head of Recruitment (AFC):

iw4o2emu1na21.jpg

At Arsenal only Lichtsteiner was a big fail. Sokratis and Mkhitaryan were disappointing but far from being useless.

Auba and Leno were top class purchases. Jury’s out on guendouzi, but at the very least we’ll make a nice profit so I’ll let you have that too. Wouldn’t be boasting about sokratis, decent player, nothing more. The rest are gash.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

iw4o2emu1na21.jpg

Arsenal is definitely the most questionable column (to be fair, the BVB ones are pretty damn strong).

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

iw4o2emu1na21.jpg

And I think it's important to point out that his remit was probably to get signings to get back into the CL.

I think if we trusted Sven with a rebuild project there would've been no better man.

But then fat sh!t Raul had to wave his "dig bick" around and make a power grab like the seedy mofo he is.

Bellerin had been carrying a injury b4 restart. He was asked to play on as we did not have a backup.

Added to that AMN refused to play there compounded our problems. What AMN did was unpardonable, hence I feel he will see very few minutes here at Arsenal before being shipped out. Finally Sokratis played as RB.

Bellerin is not a world beater but is definitely top4 quality he has shown it in the past. His form was bad because of an injury. Cedric is just a backup or for cup games, and if at all he stakes a claim to first team spot isn't that healthy competition?

If we want a RB better than Bellerin then we need to spend 30 million minimum, you really think that RB is priority over next 2 years?
Or sell him at say 30m and bring in someone with a chance for improvement like Max Aarons. Bells looks like he reached his ceiling 5 years ago and is only on a decline.

A quick question to the Arteta fan boys , if we lose all our remaining games will you still want him in charge next season ?

If it was Rodgers or Ancelotti or something who came in and lost all the games this season then yes.

I think Arteta is a bit more long term project. He needs at least 2-3 seasons.

I'm not Arteta biggest fan at the moment. But until Özil and Luiz are at very least gone I'm not gonna call for managers heads. Even then you also have to hope Edu and Raul will be sacked in the meantime. Only then we can start seeing the manager coach the team without the blindfold and his hands tight behind his back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The lack of ideas and a system within the club is down to him. He can see the table and the results even if he can't see the difference between a good and bad performance. The lack of goals is obvious. He can see post Wenget that we've doent more than ever and things are getting worse. Any owner who cared would ask questions of his hired help. He hired Raul. If he's not performing, then he should find someone who can. If Raul blames the players, well who hired them and another failing manager? A good owner or a custodian like we used to have would ask a question or two-and it wouldn't have been asking the players to take a pay cut. This owner would rather knock Emirates down, build a Westfield and collect the rents. He's provided no vision and it shows.
It's not in Kroenke's interest to let this mess continue. He'll have to step in at some point. Recruitment and transfer dealings have been a joke since Raul arrived. And it's getting worse.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

iw4o2emu1na21.jpg

I don't really care about what he did for Dortmund, he was as useless the rest of them for Arsenal.

The list of players he signed for Arsenal really isn't anything to shout about. Auba/Leno have been successful, Guendouzi was a good deal financially but the duty is out on him. The rest have been failures.

Sokratis and Mkhi have been both been disasters, both have cost the club a huge amount and have been shocking on the pitch. There's no margin for error at a club like Arsenal, if we sign a player and they don't work out, it sets us back years.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I don't really care about what he did for Dortmund, he was as useless the rest of them for Arsenal.

The list of players he signed for Arsenal really isn't anything to shout about. Auba/Leno have been successful, Guendouzi was a good deal financially but the duty is out on him. The rest have been failures.

Sokratis and Mkhi have been both been disasters, both have cost the club a huge amount and have been shocking on the pitch. There's no margin for error at a club like Arsenal, if we sign a player and they don't work out, it sets us back years.
I really only give him credit at Arsenal (for underpayment / ‘mining gems‘) for the Leno signing. Auba was market price for a late-20s, WC or close to it, proven striker in a top league. He merely held serve on that one. Agree he was subpar on the whole.

That early Dortmund list is ridiculous though. Too bad it didn’t happen here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I really only give him credit at Arsenal (for underpayment / ‘mining gems‘) for the Leno signing. Auba was market price for a late-20s, WC or close to it, proven striker in a top league. He merely held serve on that one. Agree he was subpar on the whole.

That early Dortmund list is ridiculous though. Too bad it didn’t happen here.

Mislintat is not without fault and even though it did go well for him at Stuttgart by a small margin, he's also shown he is new to the job of DoF. It was a risky approach he took but with promotion it looks like it will pay off and the roster is moving into a clear direction; without promotion it would've been a failure, though.

You gotta keep in mind though that teams are built over multiple windows/seasons, especially when you're in a re-build phase like Arsenal. The verdict in such cases should only come after a few windows. I think Mislintat did well for the two windows he had, most importantly there was the impression there was a plan - even if that plan was mostly about starting with filling holes and being opportunistic.

The Mkhi - Sanchez swap wasn't so much due to him, as Arsenal backing themselves into a corner by not selling Alexis in the summer. Getting Mkhi in maybe wasn't the best idea, but it's not a completely disastruous idea to begin with.

He saw the team lacked goals and he brought in the only guaranteed top goalscorer available - Auba.
The team needed a RB backup with almost no demand for a starting spot; Lichtsteiner was a good fit and had a solid season for Juventus, nobody could see he'd regress so much instantly.
He brought in the needed DM in Torreira. The team needed a solid, experienced CB and he got in Sokratis. Leno the much needed successor to Cech for a good price. Brought in two talents in Mavropanos and Guendouzi.

And remember the club was on a rather tight budget that summer after much had been spent on a proper goalscorer the winter before.

I thought it was a very reasonable window addressing a lot of wholes in the roster. Would've been interesting to see where he would've gone in following windows after having to plaster the cracks in his first two and to really start building a team. But he was driven out by Raul in Jan 2019 already and Arsenal got Denis Suarez on loan.

Raul hasn't had too many windows at Arsenal, neither, but I don't see that much plan behind his signings to build an overall team as I see with Mislintat, even if the German didn't do a perfect job either.

Anyway, behind all this lies a bigger problem. The team seems completely randomly assembled due to it consisting of remnants of the Wenger era, then Mislintat started working on it, Emery had his ideas and wishes, now it's Sanllehi. And that's exactly how this team looks: Anyone gets a free hand to add something for two windows and the results is a horrible stir pot. Thing is I don't trust Sanllehi to make the right decisions, guy doesn't know how to run a self sustaining models coming from a club where he could splash hookers and cash as he pleased.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Got the tactics right today as far defending goes.

Holding is better in a 3 and he took advantage of that. Good to see Saka involved from midfield, but it's a shame that Auba has to keep tracking back from left wing.

Needs must, I guess, but I really hope Arteta can find more creativity out of this lot (big ask, I know). Auba showed a lot of times this match how great his movement is.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Not keen on the tactics today but it got the job done. Hopefully this is just a placeholder until we have a functioning midfield and defence.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Got the tactics right today as far defending goes.

Holding is better in a 3 and he took advantage of that. Good to see Saka involved from midfield, but it's a shame that Auba has to keep tracking back from left wing.

Needs must, I guess, but I really hope Arteta can find more creativity out of this lot (big ask, I know). Auba showed a lot of times this match how great his movement is.
One simple tweak is dropping Ceballos IMO. I'd even bring back Guendouzi even though I hate him and Xhaka together as a pairing. Bellerin is the less simple tweak. The right side of the pitch really suffered a lot today because Bellerin and Ceballos were terrible and Pepe was completely invisible as a result. Ideally, you'd drop all 3 and bring in Cedric (time for him to show he deserved that contract), Nelson and one of AMN/Willock in the middle.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
One simple tweak is dropping Ceballos IMO. I'd even bring back Guendouzi even though I hate him and Xhaka together as a pairing. Bellerin is the less simple tweak. The right side of the pitch really suffered a lot today because Bellerin and Ceballos were terrible and Pepe was completely invisible as a result. Ideally, you'd drop all 3 and bring in Cedric (time for him to show he deserved that contract), Nelson and one of AMN/Willock in the middle.

Pepe's more of an inside forward than a winger, but I think Mikel knows Hector is far from his best, so there's a distinct lack of overlaps coming from that area that would allow Pepe to get into the Robben zone.

Don't think Guendouzi is the answer, as he hugs the ball as much as Ceballos and is just very naive in possession and marking.

Think the only option left is to hope Joe can step up as that ball carrier that opens up some more space with late runs, etc.

I'd try AMN there, but I think he's moving on next season.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
This was exactly what the doctor ordered. Bottom-half team with a dodgy away record, with a few gifts thrown in.

Here's to hoping it results in positive momentum into the rest of the season and next year's.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom