• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Brett

Willock runs out of steam pretty fast needs to work on that aspect.
But there is no backup for Xhaka. We need to find a person who can play with or in place of him and needs to be top quality.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well done Mikel. Working with dross you've got two wins. Alright, mostly rebounds or penalties but it all counts. It's progress of a sort.

Great substitution in the last match,Ceballos for Willock, to get the game done.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Kind of hard competing with Murderous dictatorships who are willing to spend the money that should be going to funding their countries healthcare and education systems on foreign football clubs to distract from appalling human rights abuses on a massive scale.

Fit and Proper persons test my arse
We do have Emirates as the name of our stadium and on our shirts, they are from the same country as abu dhabi (UAE) . So we are not totally uncomplicit in murderous dictatorships/slave labour user terms if man city are the benchmark..... Weve just been unluckier with our owner and not as smart unfortunately.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Smart going with the system he did today. Meant that that Sheffield United playing with wing-backs didn't give them the advantage they would've had if we played 4-2-3-1 or whatever. Showed some flexibility which is good to see, I'm sure he has a preferred way of playing but with the dross he's got to work with it's good to see him adapting to the circumstances too.

Also with the wee blip we had a lot of young managers at the beginning of their careers may have struggled to get things back on track but he's got two difficult wins back to back and all of a sudden our confidence will be rising a bit.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
We do have Emirates as the name of our stadium and on our shirts, they are from the same country as abu dhabi (UAE) . So we are not totally uncomplicit in murderous dictatorships/slave labour user terms if man city are the benchmark..... Weve just been unluckier with our owner and not as smart unfortunately.

Trust me - I know all about this. Have written about it before, and hosted a podcast with Joe Odell from The International Campaign for Freedom in the UAE (every fans should know about this: http://dailycannon.com/2019/12/arsenal-podcast-164-behind-emirates-curtain/).

Arsenal are indeed complicit. As Chelsea were with the same brand before them. But City have taken it to a new level due to the directness of the relationship and their entire investment model being about promoting the royal family and their investments.

It will be years, but I can't wait until our stadium has their name taken off it.

lomekian

Essays are my thing

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Cool thanks for that will have a read/listen of both. Yes you're right we arent balls deep in it like city but to be fair football in general is owned and run by shady characters, all the way up to the top of fifa. UAE has its corrupt tentacles across tons of businesses in this country not just football as well... The whole game has just become one big money laundering operation though and a way for people who shouldnt be able to show their face in polite society seem almost friendly and legitimate (see chelsea owner, anyone involved in qatar wc bid, mike ashley and so on so on.). What does that mean for arsenal? Well, im connected to the club through good or bad. Years of wenger has made a corrupt, moneybags owner seem a little unpalatable even for me. The sheer brilliance of the teams he built even in our decline put shaped that somewhat. Its just entertainment and habit in the end for what i take personally out of it (everyones different in that, some clearly just watch arsenal so they can fantasize over Özil or xhakas dong.) Im also a pragmatist generally not a fantasist and as a supporter of the club who wants to be entertained, someone like uzmanov would be far preferable to the sheer dicks who own the club presently. I dont like ideological dogma generally as it tends to turn out badly as we're seeing, hence why i still think we need to let some of the old wenger dogma go and renew.

GunnerShy

Guendouzi out the squad again, Özil since the restart hasn't played.

I like that he is setting a standard and dropping players for not meeting it. It won't reap dividends immediately bit is important in the long-run.

So is Emery good then? :D
No I was saying that just because pep’s cone boy won 2 games while playing terrible football is don’t think this is an accomplishment look at his predecessor who also played awful football and how that turned out. Could have had ten haag, Rose, bielsa, Carlo but went with the guy who put balls and cones out for pep

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Mikel "Cone Boy" Arteta...

That would be perfect if Mikel was in "Trainspotting" or something.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom