• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The hope that he was reborn that day and we were going to see the immergance of an injury free Diaby was massive.

Has any other clubs been affected with basically 'losing' key players to injury like we were at that time? Diaby, Eduardo, Vermaelen, Wilshere never returned to anywhere near their levels, and thats a good spine right there. Then we had the injuries to Ramsey, Rosicky etc who were still long term but came back to a decent level. And of course, more recently Cazorla.

Yeah. Its like Wenger used all the voodoo to get the Invincibles remarkably injury free and the devil took his payment in the following decade...

Similar with the Ice Hockey team I support. Lost one of the top 20 defenders in the world to a limosine crash with a drunk driver (he was massively brain damaged). Lost one of the top young defenders with a freak heart condition (he recovered but can't play). Lost their best goalscorer to concussions (he can't play with his kids), had about 5 other less important guys pick up freak career ending injuries.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Yeah. Its like Wenger used all the voodoo to get the Invincibles remarkably injury free and the devil took his payment in the following decade...

Similar with the Ice Hockey team I support. Lost one of the top 20 defenders in the world to a limosine crash with a drunk driver (he was massively brain damaged). Lost one of the top young defenders with a freak heart condition (he recovered but can't play). Lost their best goalscorer to concussions (he can't play with his kids), had about 5 other less important guys pick up freak career ending injuries.
Ah, a fellow Red Wings fan! It was a great run in the ‘90s and 2000s, but yes-some awful misfortune for several of their top players from Vladdy to Fischer and Franzen. Eerily similar injury record between Arsenal and the Wings.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Ah, a fellow Red Wings fan! It was a great run in the ‘90s and 2000s, but yes-some awful misfortune for several of their top players from Vladdy to Fischer and Franzen. Eerily similar injury record between Arsenal and the Wings.
Lets hope this year represents the bottom of the parabola for both parties...

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

The Invincibles, while certainly far less injury prone than recent sides we've put out had their share of little injuries. It just didn't matter because the squad depth was ridiculous.

benjamin86

Established Member
The Invincibles, while certainly far less injury prone than recent sides we've put out had their share of little injuries. It just didn't matter because the squad depth was ridiculous.
I wouldnt say it was that great, we had to start Cygan 10 times!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wait if Ceballos is leaving anyway and we're presumably selling Guendouzi, don't we need two CM's to replace them?

blaze_of_glory

Those Red Wing teams were incredible. I was a massive Canucks fan back then and every time they faced the Wings you just knew they were gonna lose. Still remember Steve Yzerman almost single-handedly beating Vancouver in the playoffs on one leg, what a warrior.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We capable of buying Partey without swapping anybody of course everything will be easier if they accept Guendouzi but it's still we'll have to pay half his release clause and give them matteo. Our club would rather buy Partey and getting 25m from Guendouzi.

Jackie_Treehorn

Speaking of Red Wings, I run into Tomas Holmström from time to time. Great guy
Watching him play for the Wings all those years I always got the feeling from his demeanor with teammates that he was a great guy. I’m happy to hear your impression of him confirms it. One of the gutsiest guys to play a sport known for its gutsy players.

Jackie_Treehorn

Those Red Wing teams were incredible. I was a massive Canucks fan back then and every time they faced the Wings you just knew they were gonna lose. Still remember Steve Yzerman almost single-handedly beating Vancouver in the playoffs on one leg, what a warrior.
Ah 2002. Yzerman had a completely done knee and captained the team to his 3rd Stanley Cup. And I got married ten days after they lifted The Cup. Wonderful year.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Watching him play for the Wings all those years I always got the feeling from his demeanor with teammates that he was a great guy. I’m happy to hear your impression of him confirms it. One of the gutsiest guys to play a sport known for its gutsy players.
They don't make them like Stevie Y anymore. As a Leafs fan, I still wish I could see Wendel Clark play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom