• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 232,728

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
We don't need either, but we specially don't need Benrahmma. At least Willian could play in midfield, which makes him an immediate upgrade there as our only other usable option there is a fortnite player with a gimped back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We don't need either, but we specially don't need Benrahmma. At least Willian could play in midfield, which makes him an immediate upgrade there as our only other usable option there is a fortnite player with a gimped back.
He looks old now, and you want to hand him a 3 year deal?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Partey, Ben White and Benrahma - that's what I'd call a good window and it would be absolutely doable - you'd even be able to get a talented new RB in with it.

Just selling or swapping Guen, Laca, Bellerin and some unwanted CBs should do the trick without spending a lot

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He looks old now, and you want to hand him a 3 year deal?
He looks old base off of one game? I don't want to hand him any deal ideally, but it's just the simple truth that he is better than our current options. Anyway the article wasn't even legitimately linking him to us, so why are you needlessly getting flustered over made up ****?

GDeep™

League is very weak
He looks old base off of one game? I don't want to hand him any deal ideally, but it's just the simple truth that he is better than our current options. Anyway the article wasn't even legitimately linking him to us, so why are you needlessly getting flustered over made up ****?
I’m not flustered. It’s not made up either, there is interest in Willian from Arsenal.

I’ll actually take him for a season.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Ideally would see ESR and John-Jules there in the future, but it's certainly too soon for next season.

Though Benrahma could play behind the striker or is he only a LW ? You've seen him play regularly ?

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Ideally would see ESR and John-Jules there in the future, but it's certainly too soon for next season.

Though Benrahma could play behind the striker or is he only a LW ? You've seen him play regularly ?
As far as I know he only starts on the left, but I don't watch them so was just going based off of reports I've read about him. No doubt he is a really talented player though, Chelsea are getting a good player since apparently it's a done deal with them anyway.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Benrahma is far more capable of playing in midfield than Willian, he's pretty much an attacking midfielder playing wide anyways. But we need a senior LW in any case.
We need a senior LW to do what? Clean Auba's shoes and keep our talents there from getting game time?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Edu wants a 4 year deal apparently.

William wants assurances that Arsenal will let him join Chelsea's management staff once the contract is done, Edu is standing in the way off that, wants to avoid another helmet head situation.

William wants to reunite with Cech and has been taking business related lessons, they also had a band together at Stamford Bridge.

Heard Luiz will join their Youth Team set up soon, as well.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We need a senior LW to do what? Clean Auba's shoes and keep our talents there from getting game time?

Auba isn't an LW, we need an actual LW even just as an option. It's a squad game, if we're signing Willian we might as well sign someone who isn't waltzing around like a zombie.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Auba isn't an LW, we need an actual LW even just as an option. It's a squad game, if we're signing Willian we might as well sign someone who isn't waltzing around like a zombie.

Imagine being OK with giving him 250k for three years to be "an option".

Fine player and I'd have him if his wage was way lower, but at these prices we might as well sign someone else (*cough* Behrama *cough*)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Imagine being OK with giving him 250k for three years to be "an option".

Fine player and I'd have him if his wage was way lower, but at these prices we might as well sign someone else (*cough* Behrama *cough*)

He’s not getting £250k a week. This is one of those things where if it’s said enough it becomes fact when the reality is it’s bollocks. Every article has said he wants a 3 year deal with wages similar to what he’s on now (£120k a week). Only John Cross has said we were “prepared” to offer him £250k a week which is obviously bollocks.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Imagine having a a prime Alexis for that LW spot again.

Think from all I've seen from Auba over the years at Dortmund and us, he's clearly best as a CF.

Then, having Saka and another LW sounds like the way to go.

Martinelli as backup for Auba.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Alexis best form was at the start of the 16/17 season as a CF, he was absolutely unreal for about 3 months or so before deciding he wanted to go back to LW. Wish Wenger would've done a better job of convincing him he could be a CF, but Alexis has a stubborn character you feel.

Tir Na Nog

Alexis best form was at the start of the 16/17 season as a CF, he was absolutely unreal for about 3 months or so before deciding he wanted to go back to LW. Wish Wenger would've done a better job of convincing him he could be a CF, but Alexis has a stubborn character you feel.

I'm sure @Riou can tell yous all about how well our 4-2-3-1 with Caz-Coq holding, Iwobi-Özil-Walcott and Alexis CF worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom