• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

I remember people talking about the need to fix the attack first, that's what Klopp and Pep did. Then fix the defense.

But this doesn't have to be true at all. There is nothing that says you can't start fixing squad by fixing defense first. That is what Arteta has been doing. And that is probably what team with not much luck and finance in the market has to do!

Bloodbather

Established Member

I remember people talking about the need to fix the attack first, that's what Klopp and Pep did. Then fix the defense.

But this doesn't have to be true at all. There is nothing that says you can't start fixing squad by fixing defense first. That is what Arteta has been doing. And that is probably what team with not much luck and finance in the market has to do!

Teams have different circumstances. It was clear as day that our defense had structural issues. Arteta's impact in that regard was noticeable from day one. The reason we couldn't magically turn into a consistently good defensive side despite the structural improvement is that we have too many error-prone defenders, and that can only be addressed in the transfer market.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Teams have different circumstances. It was clear as day that our defense had structural issues. Arteta's impact in that regard was noticeable from day one. The reason we couldn't magically turn into a consistently good defensive side despite the structural improvement is that we have too many error-prone defenders, and that can only be addressed in the transfer market.

this-guy-gets-it.jpg

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We have nothing to be proud of winning like a mourinho’s side. We should be the one who is dominating games.

Today we just win because our opponent is lacking a bit of sharpness, we have more desire and a bit of luck. In terms of football ability we are far behind this city team.

Shame to win football game this way, it’s a ****ing disgrace. We should work on our transfers, rebuild our identity that we play the most beautiful football in the world.

We should win because we are the better football team, not by better desire, not by luck, and not by parking the bus.

Last edited:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
We have nothing to be proud of winning like a mourinho’s side. We should be the one who is dominating games.

Today we just win because our opponent is lacking a bit of sharpness, we have more desire and a bit of luck. In terms of football ability we are far behind this city team.

Shame to win football game this way, it’s a ****ing disgrace. We should work on our transfers, rebuild our identity that we play the most beautiful football in the world.

We should win because we are the better football team, not by better desire, not by luck, and not by parking the bus.

tenor.gif

We played a great game and for the first time looked disciplined. It’s nice to see a team that can defend. We took our chances so well too. We attacked better than city, we just didn’t hold possession. Funny how people think possession is of primary importance, especially seeing all the times we dominate it and lost easily.

Aevi

Hale End FC
At least you're apolgising. We were branded as trouble makers iirc.

@Aevi
I legitimately don't remember being particularly against Arteta, maybe I didn't think him experienced enough (the extra time under Pep while Emery was here could well have been beneficial for all we know), but I've always been a fan of his character. Fwiw I was very pro-Arteta this season before he hired him, that I have no doubt about.

Feel free to prove me wrong, I've posted a lot so I obviously might have said some good and bad.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Not sure if anyone pointed out, but did anyone else really appreciate our midfielders ****ing running to close down the ball when it was cleared so City couldn't shoot from range? I think one of the main reasons we concede so many from distance at times is precisely because we let teams have a go, but today, we were brilliant at that.

ChefMan21

You know there's two parts to a football side don't you, attack and defence?

Also, Wenger had Adams, Dixon, Seaman, Vieira, Cole, Campbell, Toure, et al at his disposal, so it's bollocks to think that Wenger didn't recognise the importance of defence to build a side that can attack with risk and excitement.

Shame on you for trying to downplay how well our boys played. And shame on you for not wanting a side that shows one of the other key components of any successful professional pursuit: desire.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade

Shut up... You don't know a shiiiit about football. Don Nadie criticizing an ex pro player with a perfect game plan today. We don't need "fans" like you

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just two top player is enough to elevate this team. CB and a CM and maybe an AM and we're good for next season.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wouldn't have been enough with Man City getting CL. Still too much relying on others to **** up. We lost CL long before that.

At that point we already could have gotten 64 points MAX. The top 4 is already at 62.
If we'd beaten Leicester and Sp**s, we would have had 58 points by now and Leicester would have been on 59 points. Chelsea still has to play wolves and Liverpool.

Leicester still has to play man utd and Sp**s.

I'm fairly confident we would have gotten one of the spots

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

LB ... I can't take another season with Kola as sub.
We'll sell him anyway. His wage is too high. I imagythe club is trying to move him on.

AMN could cover both RB and LB as back up

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

All credit to Arteta for organising and motivating the players to give two back to back determined displays.

OK we haven't got the squad to compete like that over 38 games, but you can get silverware from cup competions beating the odds the richer sides have in one off games. That's what Wenger did.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom