• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He is doing a lot of the things Emery was getting criticised for so it's only fair we hold Arteta responsible too. The system yesterday was an absolute joke. He literally just shoved in 3 strikers hoping they'd magically get chances in absence of actual creative players.

Also the fact that he's gone 3 ATB like Emery did and isn't implementing his own system yet is a bit annoying. I mean Hassenhuttl went into Southampton and insisted on playing his system. Does Arteta even know what he wants to do or is he still working that out?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He is doing a lot of the things Emery was getting criticised for so it's only fair we hold Arteta responsible too. The system yesterday was an absolute joke. He literally just shoved in 3 strikers hoping they'd magically get chances in absence of actual creative players.

Also the fact that he's gone 3 ATB like Emery did and isn't implementing his own system yet is a bit annoying. I mean Hassenhuttl went into Southampton and insisted on playing his system. Does Arteta even know what he wants to do or is he still working that out?
Our CB’s are not good enough to allow us to play with four at the back. When we switched yesterday Villa could have scored two or three on the break. Holding looked like he was running in sand ffs.

I don’t think one of our CB’s gets into another PL side if they’re playing two at the back. You have bad defenders but then you have defenders who might as well play for the opposition and that’s what we’re loaded with.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
I am willing to bet you a pound to a penny that Mikel Arteta, ex professional footballer and assistant coach, and now coach at The Arsenal, with all his coaching badges, knows what he wants.

I'm hoping that he can't implement his own system ATM because of the squad he has to work with.

I would like to play 4-3-3, but our CB's aren't good enough to play as a pair, it needs 3, we haven't got a good enough RB, I would like mobile, creative midfielders to feed our amazing, all-singing, all-dancing attack, but sadly I can't find them either.

Arteta has to work with the dross that he's got, and try and somehow offload ****e players and buy ready-made, top-quality replacements, with an arsehole Owner who has no intention of investing in the Club.

He has to be given at least 3 years for any significant change to be apparent.

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
Although saying that, the absolute clusterfuck that he presented at Villa does raise questions.

The bet's off!

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Our CB’s are not good enough to allow us to play with four at the back. When we switched yesterday Villa could have scored two or three on the break. Holding looked like he was running in sand ffs.

I don’t think one of our CB’s gets into another PL side if they’re playing two at the back. You have bad defenders but then you have defenders who might as well play for the opposition and that’s what we’re loaded with.

That’s because we’re too light in central midfield with the double pivot. 433 negates the need for an extra CB. City, Pool and Barca use Rodri/Fernandinho, Fabinho and Busquets to drop into defence when needed b/c they always have an extra CM.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm a bit concerned about his comments about transfers, and also the fact that he has been doing well.

He might jump to another club (Probably Barcelona or something) if the situation does not change.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

I'm disgusted about last night but I don't know if Arteta could have done much else re starting lineup (not referring to the formation).

Xhaka badly needs a rest, hell as does Auba and arguably Laca. So he drafted in Torreira, but that guy is simply ****ing ****.

Pepe maybe could have started? Probably needed a rest as well. Nelson surely would have played instead of him but he's injured as usual.

Kolasinac is shocking, but probably Tierney needed a rest, too.

Holding is the worst of all on the ball - I'd have gone with Sokratis but where the **** is that guy?

Should have gone 4atb and used a midfield 3 of Saka-Ceballos-Willock.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Liverpool had the opportunity to.

The thing is we are playing like Wolves atm. So we can comfortably beat big teams by counter attacking, that isnt a problem. The problem is breaking teams down.

Its actually good that we have chelsea in the final. Would genuinely prefer them over someone like Burnley right now. With the way we play as long as we dont make stupid mistakes and defend like we did against city we will win.

I was going to say the same thing. I posted in the Man City thread that we played just like Wolves and we did again last night against Villa. They play great against the top teams and then struggle to break down teams that sit deep. Nuno hasn't been able to find a consistent solution to the problem in nearly 2 seasons, I hope Mikel does.

Gunners1616

We changed to a back four in the second half. While we looked better going forward we went back to being shaky at the back and could have conceded on the counter, Villa had a good chance. That’s proof enough that we cannot play 4 at the back.
Well of course if your back four includes Cedric - Holding - Kolasinac you gonna suffer on the counter. Should have had AMN and Sokratis out there but Arteta seems obsessed with having a left-footed CB so Kolasinac had to play there even in a back 4.

Anyway it's not all Arteta's fault (we use to have guys like ramsey/wilshere/rosicky/Özil/Cazorla in the same squad and now we have 0 creator) but we should still be able to get at least a point at Villa Park.

Moleque

I've been thinking this for awhile but I wasn't brave enough to say but f**k it. I low-key think Emery deserves some slack. His constant tinkering and changing was actually hiding just unbalanced this squad was. We finished 5th and got to a Europa final with these bums.
Perhaps you're forgetting that Kos & Ramsey left last summer. Without them this year, Emery did ****

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is refreshing how straightforward he is,. Never heard Emery say anything like this :

I don't know. I try to make the best decision for the team and the club. All the time I try, sometimes I get it right, sometimes I get it wrong and sometimes I get it very wrong. I will try my best

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom