• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I'm guessing it wasn't so much a shot at the brass like people were painting his words to be - if anything, seems like it was more for our benefit so we were under no illusion that the team needs TONS of work. And honestly? It does. I've seen Arsenal fans already talk about the amount of "quality" in our squad and while we don't have bad individual talents, the profile and makeup of the squad in general is incredibly imbalanced and far from optimal.

Pretty much. We don't need to replace every single player, neither Klopp nor Pep had to do that. But we need to balance the team, fill up lacking positions (First team AND backups) and move on those who can't at least be coached to do their job.

We're also not going to be able to do that over one transfer window.

Kav

Established Member
Kola is not the worst of our problems our problems lay in central midfield or more aptly the lack thereof. We don't have a true ball winner or dominant CM and we don't have any dribblers or ball carriers in midfield. The last ones we had was flogged off to West Ham and the other was sent to Roma and the best of the bunch was told to go find a club and went back to spain.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Core group of players id keep and work with -

Leno
Martinez
AMN
Cedric
Saliba
Luiz
Mari
Chambers will have to stay as hes injured
Tierney
Ceballos
Xhaka
Saka
Martinelli
Auba
Laca
Pepe
Maybe Nelson

The rest can be sold. You have 16 or 17 players there that can make up a good core base of footballers. You then buy to create good depth.

I think we need to buy one CB, Partey and two creative players. In an ideal world we need one who can create a lot from nothing and one who can add goals from midfield.

Four top quality signings.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Chambers will have to stay as hes injured

I might be the only one thinking this, but Chambers still has a opportunity from me in general. He came back decent enough after the loan and he couldn't really show himself under Arteta yet.

Holding is on much thinner ice for me.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I might be the only one thinking this, but Chambers still has a opportunity from me in general. He came back decent enough after the loan and he couldn't really show himself under Arteta yet.

Holding is on much thinner ice for me.

The quality just isn't there with Holding and Chambers is nothing more than a backup dancer.

I can deal with Chambers being an option, but the majority of the others just no.

Its worth noting that getting players off the wage bill could be a significant factor to overall spending.

Deadwood alone that isnt playing or needs to leave could save us 50m a year in wages, 18m of that being on one man.

People are slaughtering the Kroenkes but the board needs to be looked at if they can't shift 8-10 of the current squad this summer.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Chambers is decent, not sure if top 6 level but he’s premiership level for sure.

Arteta formation and personnel was dodgy. He can’t do nothing about the mindset of some of these guys though, they shut off today.

Manberg

Predator
Why are you jokers blaming fringe players in this thread?

Should be doing better against a rubbish Villa side without having to break the bank. Poor selections, tactics and formation are his own doing.

By your logic, Liverpool and City should’ve wiped the floor with us.

Gunners1616

No excuse for Arteta today. Should have never played with 3 at the back against a team that was gonna sit deep. We lack creativity in general so having less midfielders when we need to attack doesn't help.

With Emery we beat these lots having 10 mens since first half with Guendouzi and Chambers as our best players by far.

I know things were horrible under Unai this season but somehow Arteta has an even worst record now despite the backing by the players who seem to be fighting for him.

Emery didn't have that. He was alone, disrespected and the players clearly wanted him out at the end. But i guess that's part of the job to be able to motivate the troops.

Manberg

Predator
No excuse for Arteta today. Should have never played with 3 at the back against a team that was gonna sit deep. We lack creativity in general so having less midfielders when we need to attack doesn't help.

With Emery we beat these lots having 10 mens since first half with Guendouzi and Chambers as our best players by far.

I know things were horrible under Unai this season but somehow Arteta has an even worst record now despite the backing by the players who seem to be fighting for him.

Emery didn't have that. He was alone, disrespected and the players clearly wanted him out at the end. But i guess that's part of the job to be able to motivate the troops.

We changed to a back four in the second half. While we looked better going forward we went back to being shaky at the back and could have conceded on the counter, Villa had a good chance. That’s proof enough that we cannot play 4 at the back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
By your logic, Liverpool and City should’ve wiped the floor with us.

Liverpool had the opportunity to.

The thing is we are playing like Wolves atm. So we can comfortably beat big teams by counter attacking, that isnt a problem. The problem is breaking teams down.

Its actually good that we have chelsea in the final. Would genuinely prefer them over someone like Burnley right now. With the way we play as long as we dont make stupid mistakes and defend like we did against city we will win.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is still learning ffs. Half a season. Got us to cup final which we are more then capable of winning . Yes he got it wrong tonight. Most of the time it is the ****tard squad messing up results such as Sp**s and Leicester, that was not his fault.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Good run in the cup but PL form still needs to be questioned.

Emery: 25-13-13, 1.73 PPM (albeit 4-6-3, 1.38 PPM this year)
Arteta: 8-6-5, 1.58 PPM

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Why did he play him after Sp**s?

Disappointing to say the least.

Because, as with his other selections, he was trying to protect some of those he views as the most important. Sadly, his options were diminished by injuries and absence of the persona non grata.

Ashybashy86

Why are you jokers blaming fringe players in this thread?

Should be doing better against a rubbish Villa side without having to break the bank. Poor selections, tactics and formation are his own doing.
Bizarre formation. About as balanced as an elephant on a tightrope.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom