• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: 2019/20 Performances

Why Isn't Özil Playing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to prove, that Özil wasn't an elite playmaker in his career? Of course his assist rate isn't as good anymore, he has declined as a player, and been in and out of the team due to being dropped/injured.

Özil's strength has always been his creativity, close up control, his link up play, his assists. He doesn't have the assist factor as much anymore, but still helps any team with his creativity, close control, link up play. These things may not show up in the goals/assists charts but they help a team score goals and be a good attacking side.

Santi Cazorla, Hazard, Isco etc. have close control. What Özil does is one touch passing. Players with close control can dribble past defenders for fun.

Last edited:
Messi "drops deep" and "drifts to the side" literally every time Barcelona attack.
Henry used to "drift" to the left practically every attack, Cristiano Ronaldo the same, even when he was employed centrally.

The reason is you can find space and receive the ball more easily, no half decent attacking player is going to stand still in the middle of pitch surrounded by two huge centre backs, probably two defensive midfielders with fullbacks tucking in, just waiting for the ball.
If you don't want the ball just stand on top of the guy marking you, don't move.

Also for the record I said we should get rid of him over a year ago, far from being a "fanboy".

That's true, players like Henry Messi, Ronadlo drift to the sides, or switch to the opposite wing, drop deep. If you watched City recently you can see even KDB plays like a DM in some games.

The difference is though, those players get marked by opposition and Özil gets marked by himself. Why would any central defender or DM mark Özil, it's not like he is a direct threat, doesn't have the pace or acceleration, doesn't take a shot, not the player who can dribble past players in tight situations. Only risk is he can pass.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Peak Özil won't make much more difference than currently Özil in this present arsenal side imo

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He’s not doing sh*t I just think his supporters are either trolling at this point or completely exasperated after one of our worst seasons in donkeys.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Peak Özil won't make much more difference than currently Özil in this present arsenal side imo

I'm pretty sure peak Özil would make a difference in this team. You watch this team play and they can't keep the ball in midfield and they can't build play through the centre. We also mess up a lot of counterattacks.

Özil's greatest strengths were his first touch, his vision and his choice and weight of pass. He'd be able to keep the ball more in midfield. He'd also be useful in counterattacks because he'd choose the right option and make the right weight of pass. So often we f*ck up counterattacks by not making the right pass at the right moment.

Not to say everything would be rosy. Peak Özil would still want other ballers to link up with, he'd want midfield runners to pass to, which we don't currently have. But overall he'd make us much more potent simply by seeing Auba's runs and passing the ball to him in dangerous areas.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm pretty sure peak Özil would make a difference in this team. You watch this team play and they can't keep the ball in midfield and they can't build play through the centre. We also mess up a lot of counterattacks.

Özil's greatest strengths were his first touch, his vision and his choice and weight of pass. He'd be able to keep the ball more in midfield. He'd also be useful in counterattacks because he'd choose the right option and make the right weight of pass. So often we f*ck up counterattacks by not making the right pass at the right moment.

Not to say everything would be rosy. Peak Özil would still want other ballers to link up with, he'd want midfield runners to pass to, which we don't currently have. But overall he'd make us much more potent simply by seeing Auba's runs and passing the ball to him in dangerous areas.
He'd be a passenger though. Peak Özil was a final ball merchant. We don't need someone taking up space in between the lines waiting for the ball from the CM.

Most teams don't operate like that anymore, at least no top team does that. We need KDB/Fernandez type players who are comfortable in in every phase of play. We have one of such player in ESR. I also believe saka could be that player.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He'd be a passenger though. Peak Özil was a final ball merchant. We don't need someone taking up space in between the lines waiting for the ball from the CM.

Most teams don't operate like that anymore, at least no top team does that. We need KDB/Fernandez type players who are comfortable in in every phase of play. We have one of such player in ESR. I also believe saka could be that player.
Who do we listen to? Former assistant manager of Mourinho and Conte and the current assistant manager of the England national team or Oxeki from Arsenal-Mania.com?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Who do we listen to? Former assistant manager of Mourinho and Conte and the current assistant manager of the England national team or Oxeki from Arsenal-Mania.com?
Maybe we can offload Özil to Sp**s if Mourinho is so hot on him? That would be so brilliant. All you Özil fanboys could migrate over to the Fighting **** instead! Now wouldn't that be one for the ages? Please, please with sugar on top! Let it happen!

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Maybe we can offload Özil to Sp**s if Mourinho is so hot on him? That would be so brilliant. All you Özil fanboys could migrate over to the Fighting **** instead! Now wouldn't that be one for the ages? Please, please with sugar on top! Let it happen!

I like Özil. You’re a bit over the top. I wouldn’t be upset to see him go to Tottenham since he’s just about useless for us now, as long as we got like 25 mil. Even if he went there and played well, I wouldn’t care.

gamechannel

This thread still going on? My God, let it rest folks. As much as id like to see Özil in an Arsenal shirt bringing some life to Arteta's dire football, that ship sailed as soon as Özil exercised his right to decline the paycut. Its done boys. Let it go.

Özil. Is. Done.

Last edited:

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Who said anything about Mourinho being hot on him? Wtf are you even talking about lmao :lol:
Weird fūck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom