• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 234,187

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Giving him 3 years at 32 makes no sense though.
E9NCV8R.png

Dunno mate. Different level of player, but he signed as he was turning 35. Hint:He signed for your favourite team

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Wow didn’t even he see he’d done this.

Bantering off the government’s two weeks quarantine to sign for the carpet. Love to see it.
We defo have been lacking this kind of figure since the Lord left

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Chelsea know him better than anyone. They know how quick he recovers. They know how often he picks up niggles. They know exactly how fast or slow he runs and how that compares to before.

Hes of probably one of his best seasons with them and they have offered him a 2 year contract.

Why not a 3 year deal if he is so good? Why not a 3 year deal if Mount, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Abraham can all learn from him.

Theres a reason. It is illogical. If he was so good why hasnt he got other teams knocking his door down to give him 3 years. Hes asking for too much and if I were Arsenal I would say. Ok you have an offer of 140k a week 2 years chelsea. We will give you the same money over 3 years. He would probably laugh in our faces which would show hes only in it for the money.

Would be a huge statement that we havent turned a corner and are most certainly not looking hard in the market.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Chelsea know him better than anyone. They know how quick he recovers. They know how often he picks up niggles. They know exactly how fast or slow he runs and how that compares to before.

Hes of probably one of his best seasons with them and they have offered him a 2 year contract.

Why not a 3 year deal if he is so good? Why not a 3 year deal if Mount, Hudson Odoi, Loftus Cheek, Abraham can all learn from him.

Theres a reason. It is illogical. If he was so good why hasnt he got other teams knocking his door down to give him 3 years. Hes asking for too much and if I were Arsenal I would say. Ok you have an offer of 140k a week 2 years chelsea. We will give you the same money over 3 years. He would probably laugh in our faces which would show hes only in it for the money.

Would be a huge statement that we havent turned a corner and are most certainly not looking hard in the market.

They’ve offered him 2 years because that’s club policy, it’s as simple as that. Everything else is irrelevant.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel

What wages are we offering? Ideally it’s a 2+1 deal. I’m personally against this transfer and if we want a senior wide player, I’d much rather prefer Couts for 1 season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They’ve offered him 2 years because that’s club policy, it’s as simple as that. Everything else is irrelevant.

Most clubs would have a policy like that. Theres a reason. Having a 35 year old winger on the bench to change the game. Pathetic. Trying to get Auba to sign and signing free transfers who are passed it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@14Henry you're so reactionary.

I like Willian but admittedly 3 years is too long. 2 years would be a fantastic signing. He would add a lot to us next season thats for sure and wages aren't a problem going into next year with around 50m a year worth coming off the bill.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
:lol:
Btw, top avi. Love Faye Wong and Wong Kar Wai. Just read that he's finally going to film a show this year that he's been going about for the past 3 years.
Omg just looked this up sounds amazing

China/Hong Kong (and all East Asia tbh) have got f*cking killer directors

Wong Kar wai
Jia Zhangke
Park Chan Wook
Tsai Ming Liang (!!!)
Hou Hsiao-hsien
Edward Yang (RIP)

Whewwww don't get me started

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
But Coutinho is almost 17 mil for one season, whereas Willian would be less than that if we were to keep him for 3.
I thought Willian is 10M/year? Therefore 3 years = 30M. Although I could be totally off here.

Regarding Couts, I read that Barca were willing to subsidize his wage?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

After Willian...who’s next Vertonghen?

He’s available on a free transfer too.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom