• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions Quarter-Finals (Aug 12-15)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,772
  • Views 63,744

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Pep and city have indeed been questionable this season, but to call him a fraud and just cite the money he spends is a cheap cop out imo.

The elite teams have the funds, don’t see why you should downplay managers due to money, it’s the name of the game.
Have you ever seen him take on an actual challenge? Always goes to the best team in the league & then spends billions to gets wrecked in UCL, wins the league because the team's too good compared to the league, starts losing the league the moment proper competition arrives.
Pellegrini went to the semis of UCL, Pep spent billions on that same team yet never reached that

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I decided to go to the park, where they were showing The Dark Knight, instead of watching the game, but I was following the score.
How badly did the bald fraud get exposed yet again? He's been such a failure in the CL since leaving Barca.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
The french haven't played at all bar that league cup final.

But agree with you re: the Germans. Said to my mates it was going to be good for them they got in gear earlier and then had a rest.
They have been playing friendly games. And having preseason.

In England and Spain teams had a lot of games without a proper preparation so you could see how players were tired and out of rythim. Such a low pace and intensity compared to french and German teams.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Pep and city have indeed been questionable this season, but to call him a fraud and just cite the money he spends is a cheap cop out imo.

The elite teams have the funds, don’t see why you should downplay managers due to money, it’s the name of the game.

It's not just the money. Once he gets into serious knockout games he's been caught out for years now.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Got wrecked with Bayern year after year ffs

Yep. And there comes Hansi Flick whom I'm still very very doubtful about - just like with Arteta - and in the span of months and with Covid roaming out of nowhere gets Bayern to their best since they sacked Heynckes for Guardiola. He is truly the most overrated manager in all of the game's history.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Have you ever seen him take on an actual challenge? Always goes to the best team in the league & then spends billions to gets wrecked in UCL, wins the league because the team's too good compared to the league, starts losing the league the moment proper competition arrives.
Pellegrini went to the semis of UCL, Pep spent billions on that same team yet never reached that
Get where you’re coming from but I disagree. PL is one of the most competitive leagues in the world and he came and absolutely dominated it for two seasons whilst playing amazing football. You can’t just ignore that and start saying he’s not a great manager. He’s definitely failed in a consistent basis in the CL and that will taint his legacy for sure.

I don’t see why a manager who absolutely dominated and made Barcelona the best team in the world at the time needs to go and hindrance himself with a challenge?

He already proved himself hence why he got the move to the other big clubs. I think klopp outclasses him as a general coach due to his man management but he’s definitely an elite manager there’s no doubt about that, regardless of the money.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom