• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Controversial opinion but I would be looking to move on Xhaka while his stock is high and replace him with Thiago.

First team:
Leno
AMN-Saliba-Gabriel-Tierney
Thiago-Partey-Aouar
Pepe-Edouard-Auba

New GK
Bellerin-Mustafi-Mari-Sarr
ESR-Diawara-Saka
Willian-Nketiah-Martinelli

Sell:
Xhaka
Laca
Guendouzi
Torreria
Luiz
Elneny
Kolasinac
Holding
Soktratis
Martinez
Balogun

Loan:
Willock
Nelson
TJJ

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

So Arsenal had the chance to sign him last year but went for peanut on Luiz and went all out on Pepe instead.

Good decision?
Tbf we didn’t have €60 million to spend on one transfer last summer otherwise we’d have gotten Zaha. If you pay close attention, we actually didn’t spend anything close to that on one player.

That tweet is correct technically Arsenal did have a chance to sign him for 60m but that goes for the rest of the world.

Pump is right I literally repeat this everyday :lol:
Then again I hear about 72 million!1!1!1 everyday as well I guess.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If Gabriel & Partey don't go through, how about:

N'Dicka & Kessie??

I think these guys are strong and good readers of the game, they can also develop very well under Arteta in my opinion.

SK Lation

If Gabriel & Partey don't go through, how about:

N'Dicka & Kessie??

I think these guys are strong and good readers of the game, they can also develop very well under Arteta in my opinion.
N'Dicka is pure class. Could easily play in a back-3 or -4. He's a bit under the radar though which is a bit of a mystery to me.

Can't say much about Kessie as I haven't seen Milan play in a while but if I remember correctly, he's a different type of player than Partey.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Tbf we didn’t have €60 million to spend on one transfer last summer otherwise we’d have gotten Zaha. If you pay close attention, we actually didn’t spend anything close to that on one player.

That tweet is correct technically Arsenal did have a chance to sign him for 60m but that goes for the rest of the world.

Pump is right I literally repeat this everyday :lol:
Then again I hear about 72 million!1!1!1 everyday as well I guess.

You spent €79m on Pepe so you have the money and you wasted it (didn't spend the money on the right one). United chose to spend big on centre back despite of losing Lukaku and made it to top 4. Arsenal spent big on attackers despite of having Laca, Auba, Saka, Özil, Martineli and etc but chose to spent peanut on ageing CB.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

You spent €79m on Pepe so you have the money and you wasted it (didn't spend the money on the right one). United chose to spend big on centre back despite of losing Lukaku and made it to top 4. Arsenal spent big on attackers despite of having Laca, Auba, Saka, Özil, Martineli and etc but chose to spent peanut on ageing CB.
We’re still paying for Pepe, we will be paying roughly 20 mil per season.
Don’t think first payments even been made yet tbh.

Zaha Crystal Palace wanted 80 mil cash upfront, that’s why he’s not here.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
We’re still paying for Pepe, we will be paying roughly 20 mil per season.
Don’t think first payments even been made yet tbh.

Zaha Crystal Palace wanted 80 mil cash upfront, that’s why he’s not here.

Not sure why you keep mentioning Zaha when my point was that you needed to invest on centre back rather than attacker last season.

79m euro - 20m euro is 59m euro.
Upamecano = 60m euro.
59m euro plus Luiz's transfer fees is more than 60m euro. So yes, you didn't need Pepe and you could afford Upamecano last year if you are willing to invest the money on centre back.

roz

Fake News Merchant
How much did you spend on the 14 penalties?
I reckon that’s a big factor in getting top4.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure why you keep mentioning Zaha when my point was that you needed to invest on centre back rather than attacker last season.

79m euro - 20m euro is 59m euro.
Upamecano = 60m euro.
59m euro plus Luiz's transfer fees is more than 60m euro. So yes, you didn't need Pepe and you could afford Upamecano last year if you are willing to invest the money on centre back.

You chat an unholy amount of ****. We needed a winger, we signed Pepe, deal with it. We also needed a CB we offered 60m euro for Upa and they rejected. Anything over 60m would've been ridiculous seeing as his release clause is going to be 42m next year.

The reason you got top 4 wasn't down to Maguire. It was partly down to Chelsea having a horrendous defence, partly down to Leicester just blowing it and having poor injuries and you 1000% would've have even come close if Bruno didn't come in.

Maguire, Lindelof and Williams were the main reasons you lost against Sevilla last night. Why are United fans like this even allowed on this forum? The Mata guy is good, but this dude just chats bollocks 24/7.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
You chat an unholy amount of ****. We needed a winger, we signed Pepe, deal with it. We also needed a CB we offered 60m euro for Upa and they rejected. Anything over 60m would've been ridiculous seeing as his release clause is going to be 42m next year.

The reason you got top 4 wasn't down to Maguire. It was partly down to Chelsea having a horrendous defence, partly down to Leicester just blowing it and having poor injuries and you 1000% would've have even come close if Bruno didn't come in.

Maguire, Lindelof and Williams were the main reasons you lost against Sevilla last night. Why are United fans like this even allowed on this forum? The Mata guy is good, but this dude just chats bollocks 24/7.

We had Pogba being injured for more than half of the season while Rashford & Martial had been injured for 3 months period as well. This injury excuses is non-sense, Leicester has been in poor form since December when they lost to Norwich.

If we didn't beat Leicester 1-0 & 2-0, we wouldn't make it top 4. If we didn't beat Chelsea 4-0 & 2-0, we wouldn't be above them either. Maguire improved our defense not saying he fully fix it, we are 3rd best defensively in the league in term of conceded goals this season.

I only said you needed a centre back more than a winger last season.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I actually welcome the perspective of other fans but this guy doesn't even fact check what he says :lol: (check his thoughts on Willian)

Saying we overpaid for Pepe is a fair opinion, but he's literally telling us our transfer budget..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In:
Partey
Gabriel
Auoar
Willian

Out:
Holding
Chambers
Guendouzi
Sokratis
Torreira
Martinez (wants first team football)
Lacazette (if fee high enough)
El neny
Miki

Martinez and Lacazette should stay. This would prob be GOAT window

Similar to what I'd do tbf.

My outs would be -

Martinez - Said he wants a permanent starting spot. The Athletic said today that Raul's valuation of him was holding a move back. 2years left on his deal, asking for a lucrative contract. Sell for £25M.

Torreira - Obvious reasons. Sell for £20M

Guendouzi - I think PSG, Barca or Juve will end up taking him. £25M

Holding - Will get a move to a Leeds/Brighton sort of club. £10M

Chambers - Move to Fulham. £15M

Elneny - Honestly couldn't care less as long as he is sold. £2M

Sokratis - Will be a ball ache to get rid of, in the last year of his deal. Maybe get £5M tops from someone.

Lacazette - £30M. Another with two years left. 29 years old and we wont give him a 200k+ a week new contract. No chance. Hopefully Juve come in with a good offer.

Of course it would be a stroke of genius getting rid of all these but it is needed.

Now for the ins...

Gabriel - £23M. Left footed CB. Excited to see this happen. Two new CB's at the club next season.

Willian - Free, maybe max £3M signing on fee. Fantastic signing whatever way you look at it.

Partey - £45M release clause. Not much needs to be said about this one.

Aouar - £55M. Will be the hardest signing to make but one of the best we've made in many years if we can do it.

You're breaking even doing this business. Which is crazy, completely balancing the squad out as well. Something Edu has mentioned a lot recently.

wolfkidultman

My outs would be -

Martinez - Said he wants a permanent starting spot. The Athletic said today that Raul's valuation of him was holding a move back. 2years left on his deal, asking for a lucrative contract. Sell for £25M.

Sokratis - Will be a ball ache to get rid of, in the last year of his deal. Maybe get £5M tops from someone.

Lacazette - £30M. Another with two years left. 29 years old and we wont give him a 200k+ a week new contract. No chance. Hopefully Juve come in with a good offer.

Of course it would be a stroke of genius getting rid of all these but it is needed.

Now for the ins...

Gabriel - £23M. Left footed CB. Excited to see this happen. Two new CB's at the club next season.

Willian - Free, maybe max £3M signing on fee. Fantastic signing whatever way you look at it.

Aouar - £55M. Will be the hardest signing to make but one of the best we've made in many years if we can do it.

You're breaking even doing this business. Which is crazy, completely balancing the squad out as well. Something Edu has mentioned a lot recently.

I wouldn’t be terribly disappointed if we didn’t get Aouar. I’m not sure he’s exactly what we need. In that case I’d look to get Ceballos and Isco.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

My outs would be -

Now for the ins...

Looks good. Add in a loan for Ceballos aswell. Not sure on not replacing Laca and if selling Martinez we’d need a backup keeper. Still think it’d be doable with the outgoings, 10m for a keeper and Memphis at 30m and it’s about 40m net spend.

Loans for Mavro, Willock, Nelson and one of ESR/Saka and TJJ/Balogun.

GK: Leno, backup GK

Def: Bellerin, Cedric, Luiz, Mustafi, Saliba, Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, Kola

Mid: Partey, Aouar, Ceballos, Xhaka, AMN, ESR/Saka

Att: Pepe, Memphis, Auba, Willian, Nketiah, Martinelli, TJJ/Balogun

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Looks good. Add in a loan for Ceballos aswell. Not sure on not replacing Laca and if selling Martinez we’d need a backup keeper. Still think it’d be doable with the outgoings, 10m for a keeper and Memphis at 30m and it’s about 40m net spend.

Loans for Mavro, Willock, Nelson and one of ESR/Saka and TJJ/Balogun.

GK: Leno, backup GK

Def: Bellerin, Cedric, Luiz, Mustafi, Saliba, Gabriel, Mari, Tierney, Kola

Mid: Partey, Aouar, Ceballos, Xhaka, AMN, ESR/Saka

Att: Pepe, Memphis, Auba, Willian, Nketiah, Martinelli, TJJ/Balogun

Ahhh yeah I forgot to add that, was thinking maybe Illiev could get a go but he's 25 and never played in the first team. With Laca my thought process is to replace him with Willian. Also didn't add that AMN could go although now Raul is out the door I think he stays.

Leno/Backup keeper
Bellerin/Cedric -Saliba/Mustafi -Gabriel/Luiz/Mari -Tierney/Kola
Xhaka/AMN
Partey/Willock - Aouar/ESR
Pepe/Nelson - Aubameyang/Martinelli/Nketiah - Willian/Saka​

For me bringing in another forward hampers Martinelli and Saka massively. Willian, Auba and Pepe have elite injury records. Probably won't have more than one of them out at once. If Nelson goes then we should probably dip into the market but I'm not sure.

I initially wanted to replace Lacazette man for man, but thinking about it more getting the correct midfielders in is way more important and we have more than enough up top.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom