• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
There's a lot of things you can praise Lacazette for but his mentality isn't one of them, it's probably his second worse trait after his fitness.

I mean it's good he's gutted and all that, but "elite mentality" and "not to bag a second" is simply cringeworthy from the social media team.

Really, that guy who made a petition to want them sacked was ahead of time.

Manberg

Predator
There's a lot of things you can praise Lacazette for but his mentality isn't one of them, it's probably his second worse trait after his fitness.

Arteta made comments praising Laca’s mentality in the post match presser. They’re echoing what he said.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Could do worse than Cavani for a season on a freebie if he’s not going to put Auba there. Although I’d prefer the latter.

GunnerShy

Think the extent of criticism towards his miss has been over the top. It's reflects the paucity of chances last night rather than how bad a miss.

I mean you do hope your striker buries that more often than not but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Sterling in the CL.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Think the extent of criticism towards his miss has been over the top. It's reflects the paucity of chances last night rather than how bad a miss.

I mean you do hope your striker buries that more often than not but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Sterling in the CL.
It is not about that miss , it is his whole finishing and goal scoring record that bothers people. He is poor always 1 on 1 sometimes in games you get one chance and one chance only and you have to take them. Costs us points when you don't finish like that and he is guilty more then auba for that. He is slow,cannot go past players always passes instead. He is not going to take us to the top of the pl.

Moah

Exactly. He was the only forward player trying to make things happen yesterday. People are just trying to vilify players like Leno, Laca and Pepe.

GunnerShy

It is not about that miss , it is his whole finishing and goal scoring record that bothers people. He is poor always 1 on 1 sometimes in games you get one chance and one chance only and you have to take them. Costs us points when you don't finish like that and he is guilty more then auba for that. He is slow,cannot go past players always passes instead. He is not going to take us to the top of the pl.

My comment is in respect to the over the top reaction last night. At most it cost us a point last night, and on the balance of play an undeserved point. If he wasn't standing there in an offside position we don't score the first one. I agree he won't take us to the top of the premier league, but we are far more than a striker away from the top of the PL.

Pop Tart

Established Member
My comment is in respect to the over the top reaction last night. At most it cost us a point last night, and on the balance of play an undeserved point. If he wasn't standing there in an offside position we don't score the first one. I agree he won't take us to the top of the premier league, but we are far more than a striker away from the top of the PL.
Well yes of course we need a stronger midfield, we are bullied easily. Defence still suspect.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I wonder if he'll be able to recover mentally from that. Kind of agree with Alan Davies on TTC that this may have been his "Giroud against Monaco" moment where lost the fans for good.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I wonder if he'll be able to recover mentally for that. Kind of agree with Alan Davies on TTC that this may have been his "Giroud against Monaco" moment where lost the fans for good.

Today's episode :lol:

The song with the carrier bags :rofl:

Reactions: A_G

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Laca should tuck away the one on one, but hard to hammer him when he's scored in every league game so far.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I remember we used to create a tonne of chances...we had an absolute donkey of a cf in adebayor who consistently missed sitters every game score 30 in a season.

Laca isn't elite and auba's shots to goals ratio in the last year is probably one of the best in football history.

Bottom line we need to create more chances. Arteta needs to find a way to do that, this was never an issue under wenger, even if denilson or song were playing in midfield.

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I wonder if he'll be able to recover mentally from that. Kind of agree with Alan Davies on TTC that this may have been his "Giroud against Monaco" moment where lost the fans for good.
Tbf Giroud missed chance after chance after chance, the ball bounced off him all night - just for us to exit whatever Europe comp that was. Wouldn’t say it was quite as desperate.

Lacazette converted 50% of his chances and missed one in a game where we were getting battered anyways. He’s an easy scapegoat when in reality he was one of our best players - typical of him against a big team.

Maybe it was the manner in how it happened though. His weaknesses were laid bare for all to see and truth be told it was very uncomfortable to watch.

You could see in his face he didn’t even want to be put through 1v1, he knew he lacked the pace to give him the space and angle to shoot. I’m a big fan of his but I think we’ve already seen the best we’re going to see of him in an Arsenal shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom