• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Özil's carreer started before Emery and Arteta...lol This is comical for a justification. You still cannot tell me why training ground commitment reduced to below 120 % only post lockdown....You find the repetitive talk boring because you have been kicked into the tall grass. Make a less repetitive by accepting the fact that this situation could have been handled better for the sake of the club, its finances and the fans. I am sure the cushion of the FA Cup and current form is a perfect foil to refuse to be objective. Not me.

Objectivity and criticism of how a particular issue has been handled does not make me not back a Manager or the Team as a whole. I am totally behind Arteta and strongly believe he will take us somewhere. However he is not immune to a critic. I am convinced if we handled the Douzi issue better and not ostracized him to diminish his value , time and wages , we would have ended up with AOUAR this summer. That is a fact. Yes he has issues we are aware of, but he is equally our investment we have to protect. We punish you but make sure we protect our investment. He will return from loan with a year to run on his deal. Investment gone down the drain. This is in no way condoning the players attitude at Norwich . It is a way of saying we can handle this other ways and protect our investment.

Hahah, yeah right. You haven't even answered most of my questions and claim I have been kicked into the tall grass.

I haven't claimed it is 100 % fact that it is from training ground commitment, and said there can be many reasons. You didn't answer what you find the logical reason, only blaim the manager and the club while Özil has had problems for ages now.

Answer those logical questions and we can continue. For example why would two managers sabotage their own career in team starved for creativity and put one of the most talented players to the stands for nothing?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We don’t know if that’s solely the reason he’s not playing though. We know he refused a pay cut, but that’s it. We’ve heard other stuff too since he refused, which would have made his situation worse; the rumour he has been telling other players they were wrong to accept it in so many words... Do we believe that? I think it’s a whole bunch of reasons now tbh, and I reckon he’ll create a few more before his contract ends.
It would be a HUGE coincidence that the guy who was reintegrated into the side and started every (?) game under Arteta immediately becomes so poor that he doesn’t even make the bench after he rejects a pay cut.

Come on...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You can disagree all you want, the law is the law and if they wanted to take action I believe they have an arguable case - whether it is a strong case or not is not for me to say. If a professional is prevented from exercising his profession through the actions of another party that party may have to answer for their actions in law.

What they pay the guy is irrelevant unless he has agreed to be paid that money not to play. As a professional he is entitled to expect to be given the opportunity to play, although he is not entitled to insist on playing, and the withdrawal of his registration for the entire season indicates that the decision has nothing to do with his fitness or willingness to play but with the club's anger at his decision not to leave and honour the bad contract they made.

You cannot put the blame for your bad decisions on those who benefit from them and you cannot break a contract simply because you made an error of judgement. And you cannot discriminate against or intimidate the beneficiary in the hope he will give up his rights. Negotiate or put up with the consequences.
Özil would have no case whatsoever unless it was written in his contract that he has to play, simple as that really. All he’s entitled to is his wages of which he is being paid.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It would be a HUGE coincidence that the guy who was reintegrated into the side and started every (?) game under Arteta immediately becomes so poor that he doesn’t even make the bench after he rejects a pay cut.

Come on...
Anything could have gone on – that’s what I’m saying.

drippin

I'm have been observing what other club's fans say about Partey, but then Özil came up there after his tweet.

You can support Özil for it, but personally I don't appreciate his good will gesture too much as an Arsenal fan.

Anyone is free to look how RAWK comments it:

":rofl:

As if still having Özil on the books wasnt embarrassing enough for them, he’s now embarrassing them further. Superb."

"Quite excellent. :cool::D"

"Best thing Özil's done for Arsenal in about three seasons."

"Unbelievable ****housery."

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=226802.56720

drippin

Top quality posting, @Finesse.

Handling the dishonesty the always deceptive @drippin is throwing at you like it's nothing.

Do you have some special need to try to make me look bad without evidence?

Could we stick to the matters?

Anyone can answer my question about two different managers sabotasing their own careers in this way for nothing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still deciding which Özil tattoo i will get one day. Think a Combination of Özil and Gunnersaurus could be a good idea after today.

Get something like this...

12193298_10153252812762005_2540048115057789369_n.png

...but with Mes and Sue obvs.

Finesse

Hahah, yeah right. You haven't even answered most of my questions and claim I have been kicked into the tall grass.

I haven't claimed it is 100 % fact that it is from training ground commitment, and said there can be many reasons. You didn't answer what you find the logical reason, only blaim the manager and the club while Özil has had problems for ages now.

Answer those logical questions and we can continue. For example why would two managers sabotage their own career in team starved for creativity and put one of the most talented players to the stands for nothing?

If you have not claimed it is 100% a training ground commitment issue , then why are we on this page? I don't need to answer what is the real reason. It does not matter. As a fan following a football club with a Manager paid to do their work and a player paid to perform, I will want is the joy of getting through results and winning. Settle what ever issue and lets enjoy football.

Your question is banal at best. The question should be, why do we allow these 2 Managers to get away with what they are doing with no clear cut reason. Emery did same at PSG. Tell me where he is today.....We invested loads for his transfer and paying through our nostrils for his wage every week. If you claim as above he is one of the most talented, then these 2 managers should work to get the best out of him if he is wearing the shirt and employed by Arsenal. It is called value for money. Or else get him out of the club by selling him or pay him off. Do not ask him to go because he has no legal obligation to. He is under contract. Do not freeze him out to push his agent to look for another club. If you cannot get him out , then look for a solution that brings value to this club. We are all human and make mistakes and can work a way forward. Period! No one is condoning bad behavior at Arsenal. However we are a football club and a business.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

But he chose to pay the wage of a guy who has another job and he's being hailed as some sort of hero.
I think we all know that it's PR and/or a middle finger to those who have removed him from the side.

The charity work he's been doing since before he joined Arsenal is more likely to be why anyone's hailing him a hero on here.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

*rolls eyes

I really can't wait for him to leave now, he's lazy and just loves causing drama.

Perhaps if he put as much effort in on the pitch as he does with all his "PR" bs he might actually be playing.

And I don't respect him for what he's done. He's doing this as a PR move, it's so transparent I'm surprised he's being praised so readily but fanboys gonna fanboy.

Club dropped the ball on Gunnersaurus though, so stupid and it didn't save much money either, sometimes I wonder about the people running things at Arsenal.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Don't care much outside football.

He is never a player I like, because of his playing style.

Lack of involvement in possession. Not helping to create play but just focusing on the final pass. He need other players to create play for him, he need to be served to make the assist. Most great midfielders are good at creating play and provide the service for themselves or others.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Come on...

It could be a factor, I don't buy it as the sole reason why Özil has been left out. And for sure I don't think it's the club making the decision.

If we look at the AMN situation, so many people were "sure" that he was being left out because he wanted to play in MF. Turns out it was just an attitude/disciplinary issue.

What we know is that Arteta wants full commitment, "120%" as someone said.

I also don't think he is that type of manager that will leave out a player from the squad when it damages his own chances at success.

Additionally with his promotion to manager, his almost even footing with Edu and the faith our board have placed in him (evidenced by the Partey signing), I find it extremely hard to believe they wouldn't allow Arteta to have the final say regarding all playing choices.

What I'd say is possible is that the refusal of the pay cut soured Arteta's view of Özil and his commitment, but it'd be in combination with generally not showing the commitment required elsewhere.

But then didn't one/two other players refuse the pay cut? Yet nobody else has been frozen out because of it, which tends to make me think that the pay cut isn't a large factor in the decision not to play Özil.

There might be more information provided later on, but it'll likely be after Özil leaves at this point, it'd be interesting to see what is said.

Gooner1988TK

Some of you guys really need to get a grip like this is some conspiracy. “Özil miraculously post COVID stopped giving 120%? Bizarre.” Blah blah blah. I don’t know and don’t care to speculate why this waster is out of the team but all I know it’s for the best for ARSENAL to continue to restore our grace. This is the same guy who was electrifying just before signing his 350 per week deal and “bizarrely” fell off straight after that. Stop looking for skeletons in closets that don’t exist and realise him being out is for the best of the collective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom