• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 20/21: Gameweek 6 (Oct 23-26)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So, this is the great City team that people were willing to hand 3 points to?

Just goes to show, it was such a d*ckless performance last weekend.

Malky

Established Member
Can't see Pep sticking around after this season, think he'll replace Tuchel at PSG.
The league's getting stronger and he's only happy, and successful, when he can comfortably outspend his competition.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So, this is the great City team that people were willing to hand 3 points to?

Just goes to show, it was such a d*ckless performance last weekend.
Think Arteta showed Pep and ManC too much respect. Let’s not forget Arteta is a young and unproven coach and will make mistakes . There will have to be a learning curve on his end also.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Dias looked like Alessandro Nesta last Saturday. Not really surprised since he was up against Willian as our CF.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Tir Na Nog mentioned it earlier, but there really are too many teams in this league that you look at and say "Huh, quite a few of their players would start for Arsenal."

Our recruitment has been mainly terrible for a good 5 or so years now.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
but it isn't exciting enough.. Actually it's been pure crap so far this season.

Definitely not an argument about that, our football has been boring to garbage ever since Wenger left, and even during Arsène's last days with us. For Arteta though it comes with purpose IMO. The only area of concern for me is our XG, that is as a result of our tightened approach and can actually get us in trouble.

Give me more chances, better chances, with this same borefest and Im good for the season.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Seriously think Bowen is a bigger threat than Pepe tbh.

How much did West Ham get Bowen for? I remember him looking quality for Hull in the Championship.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
It’s been hard to watch , yup. Something been missing since the charity shield.

3 at the back and generally negative tactics has just caught up with us.

We have Gabriel and Partey now FFS. Arteta please don't lose yourself in those tactics . They're not necessary anymore and the longer we have them the harder it gets to go back to more attacking minded football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
And lost 5-1 three times in a row to Bayern. There were some pretty rubbish games in the later Wenger era and we were declining, but that has been debated enough.
We know why, is my point, the club and manager were in a massive decline.

Now we have a top coach and spent a fair bit in the last two years, so should expect more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

@Tir Na Nog mentioned it earlier, but there really are too many teams in this league that you look at and say "Huh, quite a few of their players would start for Arsenal."

Our recruitment has been mainly terrible for a good 5 or so years now.

Worst thing is we've not been ruthless enough when a transfer flops. We persist with players like Lacazette, Torreira, Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis, Xhaka, Elneny, etc for years when it's evident pretty quickly none of them are good enough for the level we aspire to be at. Some of them then become unsellable as a result. Not only do we waste transfer fees on them but then think of wages a d squad positions they've taken up these past few years. It's caught up with us and we're suffering now as a result.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Definitely not an argument about that, our football has been boring to garbage ever since Wenger left, and even during Arsène's last days with us. For Arteta though it comes with purpose IMO. The only area of concern for me is our XG, that is as a result of our tightened approach and can actually get us in trouble.

Give me more chances, better chances, with this same borefest and Im good for the season.

You can’t have a bore feast if our XG is good though SA. It’s down to pure technical consistency in the final 3rd.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom