• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I haven’t once said we should sack Arteta btw. I praised him when we won and I’m saying our poor run is on him too, a blind man can see that.

Im just not accepting people looking elsewhere when it’s clearly a coaching/management issue.

A part of it could well be the coaching, but as we've seen with two previous managers now its clearly a player problem as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not sure that’s true. Allegri would take it without a second thought I’d imagine. Good squad of players, generally backed in the transfer market by the owners, paid handsomely. Our position in the league is a false position so I don’t think that would put off the better managers. They’d see we’re underperforming.

I just can’t see a top manager or even a well known up and coming manager taking the job, will be happy to be wrong though!

Feel the club is a real mess at the minute, feel most will see it as a poisoned chalice right now and steer clear.

Could see us going for Rafa, or a safe experienced coach like that.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I’m at peace with it now.

Happy for him to prove me wrong or happy to enjoy the world realise that this guy is way out of his depth so that the new ‘bad eggs at the club’ theory gets shut down.

I dropped my expectations to the absolute floor – just wanted to see continuing improvement regardless of league finish –and Mikel has somehow managed to miss that by miles. Thanks Mik.

There are bad eggs at the club though... He's just not done a good job managing them or getting the team playing well. Wouldn't say it's either or.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I reckon whoever we get to replace Arteta, won't make anyone happy on AM ( maybe me if we get Vieira or something weird like that :lol: ) don't think we have the pull anymore to get a lot of the managers being mentioned.

Kind of like how Liverpool didnt have the pull, to pull Klopp eh.

Look, we arent in a good space right now and clearly need the right acquisitions at the top of the club. Start bringing in proper professionals and put forward a vision, and you will get the necessary suitors.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There are bad eggs at the club though... He's just not done a good job managing them or getting the team playing well. Wouldn't say it's either or.
In terms of truly toxic personalities or negative influences we are talking maybe Luiz and maybe Özil?

Some guys clearly aren’t good enough but the new thing seems to be that we have a few guys spreading negative energy which is killing us.

Riou

Kind of like how Liverpool didnt have the pull, to pull Klopp eh.

Look, we arent in a good space right now and clearly need the right acquisitions at the top of the club. Start bringing in proper professionals and put forward a vision, and you will get the necessary suitors.

Feel Liverpool have that kind of “special club” feel about them, compared to Arsenal ( this is like something @GDeep™ would say ffs :lol: ) if you know what I mean.

We are a massive club too, but our “special feel” was mostly created by Arsène rather than the club itself, something the club has really harmed recently imo...just don’t trust Arsenal in 2020 if I’m honest.

Hoping you are right though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Feel Liverpool have that kind of “special club” feel about them, compared to Arsenal ( this is like something @GDeep™ would say ffs :lol: ) if you know what I mean.

We are a massive club too, but our “special feel” was mostly created by Arsène rather than the club itself, something the club has really harmed recently imo...just don’t trust Arsenal in 2020 if I’m honest.

Liverpool is an interesting club, they really are the heartbeat of the City. Arsenal is a cold boring ice cube in comparison.

Malky

Established Member
With the current squad we should be doing better though? That’s what’s we’re talking about, no?

Talking about “flapping”, you were talking about new managers at HT against Southampton.
He was also claiming we had an excellent transfer window. Pretty sure he said if we got the Aouar deal done it would be a " 10/10 " and expects the club to push for 5th/6th. Now the same players he claimed were good enough for 5th aint good enough 3 months later. Yet he has the cheek to accuse others of flapping.
Our season is on Arteta. There's no way our squad is as poor as he makes it out to be. Man's acting like our squad is as poor as Burnley or Brighton, all because our manager says he needs 5-6 new players. Which that itself is an embarrassing claim.

SA Gunner

You could say the same about United then eh?

Look, there is no doubt that Arsène was a major pulling factor to the club for years, and we have certainly lost that shine, Id argue before Wenger left himself.

I do think that any sure sign of getting our house in order, would be enough to attract more again.

Riou

You could say the same about United then eh?

Look, there is no doubt that Arsène was a major pulling factor to the club for years, and we have certainly lost that shine, Id argue before Wenger left himself.

I do think that any sure sign of getting our house in order, would be enough to attract more again.

Fingers crossed!

I like what G said about soul though, right now everything Arsenal do is wrong and the supporters have never been more disenchanted with the club, no soul/heart right now.

We really miss someone like Dein ( as Edu really doesn't seem to know what he's doing either :lol: ) I just struggle to see right now as to where we go.

SA Gunner

Fingers crossed!

I like would G said about soul though, right now everything Arsenal do is wrong and the supporters have never been more disenchanted with the club, no soul/heart right now.

We really miss someone like Dein ( as Edu really doesn't seem to know what he's doing either :lol: ) I just struggle to see right now as to where we go.

What surprises me most is how almost all of us fell for it. Edu, Vinai, Arteta and Mertesacker in key positions at a massive club, and they are all rookies. :lol:

Yes, it didnt start out like that, but we should have been more alert to what was happening in front of our eyes.

Talk about getting bamboozled.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
He was also claiming we had an excellent transfer window. Pretty sure he said if we got the Aouar deal done it would be a " 10/10 " and expects the club to push for 5th/6th. Now the same players he claimed were good enough for 5th aint good enough 3 months later. Yet he has the cheek to accuse others of flapping.
Our season is on Arteta. There's no way our squad is as poor as he makes it out to be. Man's acting like our squad is as poor as Burnley or Brighton, all because our manager says he needs 5-6 new players. Which that itself is an embarrassing claim.
We hadan excellent window.

We made a great signing we badly needed for years in Partey.

Then he gets injured.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In terms of truly toxic personalities or negative influences we are talking maybe Luiz and maybe Özil?

Some guys clearly aren’t good enough but the new thing seems to be that we have a few guys spreading negative energy which is killing us.

We cant really put our finger on who specifically are the rotten apples. What I would say, and I think this is undeniable, is that the group dynamic as a whole is toxic. This group of players threw Emery under the bus, and went something like losing 8/9 games last season. Now they've lost 4/5 home games. Yeah Emery and Arteta probably deserve/deserved criticism, but there is something seriously off with the dynamic of the group and how catastrophically they fold when under a bit of pressure.

Riou

What surprises me most is how almost all of us fell for it. Edu, Vinai, Arteta and Mertesacker in key positions at a massive club, and they are all rookies. :lol:

Yes, it didnt start out like that, but we should have been more alert to what was happening in front of our eyes.

Talk about getting bamboozled.

Bar Vinai...all those other people were successful players for us, especially Edu...so people already had that connection with them anyway.

Being a fan is kinda all about getting a bit too carried away with hope every now and again, it's the name of the game!

Riou

Willian should never have said publicly that Arteta wants to win the Champions League in a few years, regardless of what was said behind the scenes...footballers can be so ****ing stupid ffs :lol: :facepalm:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Since when is Luiz a bad influence, do you mean in terms of football ability or personality? I actually don't think Luiz is a problem at all.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Since when is Luiz a bad influence, do you mean in terms of football ability or personality? I actually don't think Luiz is a problem at all.
I’m just trying to concede some ground, by all accounts he’s a great presence but apparently he’s one of the guys who stopped playing for Emery.

AmsterdamGunner

I just can’t see a top manager or even a well known up and coming manager taking the job, will be happy to be wrong though!

Feel the club is a real mess at the minute, feel most will see it as a poisoned chalice right now and steer clear.

Could see us going for Rafa, or a safe experienced coach like that.

Ancelotti took Everton, i think not anyone saw that coming a couple of weeks before that.

There aren’t a lot of good jobs open in corona time, the PL is always interesting for coaches, the job is in London at a big club, with oke players, good youth setup, owners who showed that they are willing to fund transfers and it pays good. Also you can’t get any lower, so the only way is up.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’m just trying to concede some ground, by all accounts he’s a great presence but apparently he’s one of the guys who stopped playing for Emery.

I'm not sure we'll ever really know who the bad eggs are. But I feel like you Mustafi, Xhaka's and Özil's are ones that need shifting out, personality wise and footballing.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom