• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
We do not have the 15th best team in the league. We have a 7th/8th squad with a league 1 manager. Southampton have a 10th/12th squad with a top 7/8 manager.
Data says otherwise, correct?

With Partey and Martinelli we can climb. With our existing players, you really don’t know.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

No point wasting your time mate.

Hair Spray girl or whatever they are called said with our current squad away in October we would push for 4th but probably finish about 5th. To be honest 5th/6th would be about right. I actually would have agreed with him.

However now he says we have a terrible squad and that no manager in world football would have us higher than 15th.

Story changes very quick on this forum.

Why do you even bother with him? He’s not worth even debating with.

I wouldn’t waste my time there.

Legend14

Established Member
I was really hoping for top 4 this year. Sad I know. But now that I have seen how average many of our starters are compared to other players this year, Top 8 is my goal.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The table. From what I have heard from the Arteta out crowd, that is the only data that actually matters.

And there I thought you were going to back yourself with some evidence.

Just because a team is first doesnt mean it has the best squad. Likewise just because its 20th doesnt mean it has the worst squad.

What those things do mean is that the team in first is performing better than the other 19 teams and the team in 20th is performing worse than the others.

At the moment there are only 5 teams in the league performing worse than us. Probably 3 or 4 by tomorrow.

That is not good enough and anyone who says it is or defends it needs to wake up.

Especially if you wanted Emery sacked when he finished 5th.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Why do you even bother with him? He’s not worth even debating with.

I wouldn’t waste my time there.

Truth be told I dont really know.

I'm making this bet with him and leaving it at that. If he accepts and doesnt chicken out.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That's life. I'm an adult. I dont swap avatar with a man who calls himself HairSpray.

I guess the bet is this:

Arteta comes 8th or above I come on and apology to you and praise your football knowledge. And admit that you know more than me and you were right all along and I was wrong.

Arteta gets sacked or stays and finishes 9th or lower you say the same to me.

Deal?

You dont act like an adult.

Legend14

Established Member
No data does not say otherwise. Data only says where we are now.
Well, that’s because there is no data that can predict where we will be in the future. The prerequisite for that type of data would require that we have access to time travel or a superior level of intuition. We are not there yet.

The assumption is that our talent is not 15th level talent. I get that, may be true, but lately, I am not too sure. Our central midfield and lack of a reliable CF may be holding us back tremendously.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I prefer the avatar bet.

It must kill you to have to say you were wrong?

A piece of advice.

See if your going to insult people, tell them they are wrong, tell them they havent a clue about football at least have the balls to back yourself.

You will get far in life putting your balls on the line for what you believe in sometimes you know. You will also sometimes risk losing them but it will teach you an invaluable lesson.

Keep an open mind and prepare to be wrong sometimes. I've finished with you because you wont back yourself. Which means even you dont believe what your saying.

Which for me is a small victory.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I know where we are, but it's not where we should be. You look at our squad, its cost, the previous stats for our players, where we were last season and the season before and what is around us and you have to conclude we are seriously underforming. Should we be 9th or 5th? I don't know but I know we shouldn't be 15th, four points away from relegation.

The table at any point is a snapshot. When Bournemouth were top after a game it didn't mean they were the best team in the division. At the end of the season you might get a truer picture.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It must kill you to have to say you were wrong?

A piece of advice.

See if your going to insult people, tell them they are wrong, tell them they havent a clue about football at least have the balls to back yourself.

You will get far in life putting your balls on the line for what you believe in sometimes you know. You will also sometimes risk losing them but it will teach you an invaluable lesson.

Keep an open mind and prepare to be wrong sometimes. I've finished with you because you wont back yourself. Which means even you dont believe what your saying.

Which for me is a small victory.

When I'm actually wrong yes. Now? Nope.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Because it's a culture thing. He's setting the ways for the players and those he will bring in. He plays to the strengths of the squad right now (playing down the left) in his attacking system like he did with the counter attack (Auba on the left). It's about the future.

If the culture he wants to instill is to play on the wings and blindly cross it... good riddance.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
When I'm actually wrong yes. Now? Nope.

Happy to celebrate my victory. It's always nice for other people to see on the forum when a so called man wont put down on a forum he was wrong.

Last chance to prove your not full of crap and all talk. That you believe in your views and willing to back them.

If Arteta finishes 8th or higher I will come onto this forum and say I was wrong you were right and you know more than me.

If Arteta is fired or finishes 9th or lower you have to admit to me that I was right, you were wrong and that I know more than you.

And it's there in black and white for everyone to see.

@Legend14 you would agree that's a fair bet. No money just words?

All you have to do is say ACCEPT or DECLINE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom