• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Everton v Arsenal | Saturday, December 19 | KO: 17:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend14

Established Member
Exactly. It’s embarrassing to read about this player or that player not being one that Arteta signed or wanted. Or that some of these players were signed by Wenger or Emery - not by Arteta.

It doesn’t matter.

No one - literally no one - would have said that we would be 15th after 14 games. No one. And that’s for a good reason: while we may not have the best squad, we have a squad that at the very least belongs to the Top 10.

We’re massively underperforming. And we need to sort this out as a team. And Arteta has an important role in that. We can also try to sign a few players in January but the priority should be to improve as a team.
The difference will be Partey return, signing a forward, and signing another CM to partner with Partey. There is no motivational speech or extra training that is going to improve half of the players. Decreasing the number of blind crosses only gets us so far.

I’d like to hear what the manager can do to change what is happening on the pitch significantly, given the current talent.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Epnie2VWMAss7Bv

EpoEsnAXUAQHUyc

...Pepe's stat is terrible, but the Willian one is almost a parody at this point ffs :rofl:
You'll be using the above 4-5 years from now when we're winning the CL and talking about the low points under Edu and Arteta. :drool:

Mohamed7

Did anyone else feel like Luiz got fed up of midfielders giving the ball back to defenders and decided to start doing their work himself?
It was very apparent. I actually liked his attitude today. He was fed up the back pass by Elneny and decided to feed the forward.

We have serious quality issues in very key positions. Midfield and center forward.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nah. He's implementing his attacking system. It's clear we've gone from counter attack to possession football if you compare last season to this. It's obvious we don't have the players to achieve that.

Attacking system? We’ve scored 2 goals from open play in 3 months and are bottom of the league for chances created.

Whatever system he’s trying to implement, he will not get the players he wants by getting us relegated.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Attacking system? We’ve scored 2 goals from open play in 3 months and are bottom of the league for chances created.

Whatever system he’s trying to implement, he will not get the players he wants by getting us relegated.
Yeah, I know, it looks bad right now. But give it time. We wont be relegated.

Legend14

Established Member
Yeah, I know, it looks bad right now. But give it time. We wont be relegated.
Four reasons we won’t be regulated.
1. The teams below us are bad, worse than us
2. Our luck can’t get any worse. Karma theory.
3. Players are returning from injury
4. Owner is scared to lose money by relegation, so he will spend in January.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The team is serious underperforming since that game against Aston villa i didn't see single player put shift on no pressing no moving too timid with the passing. This is 3rd straight when we wasted 45 minutes of being scared and not attack just sit back and hope to not concede. Then go into 2nd half when teams just sit back and allows us to attack

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
The team is serious underperforming since that game against Aston villa i didn't see single player put shift on no pressing no moving too timid with the passing. This is 3rd straight when we wasted 45 minutes of being scared and not attack just sit back and hope to not concede. Then go into 2nd half when teams just sit back and allows us to attack
It's cowardly and I honestly can see any manager wanting their players 5o to play that way. I don't think our players actually trust each other on the pitch. They seem to be afraid to press because they might not have any cover an they're afraid to pass the ball to a player if his marker is less than 10 feet away. I see players getting the ball and immediately passing it back when they have time to turn. Is there no communication to let them know they have time and can move forward?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We may not have had a shot on target in the second half but it's only towards the end when we panicked that we caused some panic in their defence and looked like we might get something.

I think the lesson is we have to play at a higher tempo and take risks in attack, and stop taking risks in defence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's cowardly and I honestly can see any manager wanting their players 5o to play that way. I don't think our players actually trust each other on the pitch. They seem to be afraid to press because they might not have any cover an they're afraid to pass the ball to a player if his marker is less than 10 feet away. I see players getting the ball and immediately passing it back when they have time to turn. Is there no communication to let them know they have time and can move forward?
When you see players waving around disagree with each other at 1st half you see there is no communications just a mess and that just poor from the manager who seem go to game with no plans

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A new manager doesn't change our circumstances down the line. We wont be relegated.

Allow the relegation thing.

My point was that we aren’t going to attract top playing the way we’re playing. You give someone time when certain things are working but others need tweaking. When you see an attempt to identify and correct. When they’ve demonstrable experience of improving results over a sustained period of time.

Arteta shows none of this.

This is a guy who sticks to the same approach in every match. Who sets his teams up to defend deep, and soak up pressure off the ball, and retain possession in low risk zones on it. Picks his favourites unless forced to do otherwise by injury or suspension. Banishes a new £27m defender and sole playmaker from the squad without a valid explanation.

If you choose to be an authoritarian, you need immediate results.

This is our club not Arteta’s work experience project.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We may not have had a shot on target in the second half but it's only towards the end when we panicked that we caused some panic in their defence and looked like we might get something.

I think the lesson is we have to play at a higher tempo and take risks in attack, and stop taking risks in defence.
That's the thing. They're afraid to play it a bit quicker. Everybody is out there trying not to make a mistake so they're hesitant with both their passing and pressing

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is Smith Rowe in the squad when Arteta has no intention of playing him. Surely with have another CB that could take his spot.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If you hear/read his comments after the games he is unfortunately losing touch with reality. Today he was bemoaning the fact we'd lost although we were "dominating the game". I didn't see that. We weren't played off the park but we weren't exactly dominating the game.

When a manager's "project" begins to unravel he starts looking round for excuses outside his plan - players, fans, the board, referees etc etc and of course LUCK. Well luck can cost you a few points every season but luck doesn't leave you 17 points behind the leaders after 14 games.

He is deluding himself and if he is out of touch with reality he can't change what's happening. I think tonight for the first time I am convinced he will not last the season despite the fact the board doesnlt want to fire him. They're going to have to.

al-Ustaadh

Allow the relegation thing.

My point was that we aren’t going to attract top playing the way we’re playing. You give someone time when certain things are working but others need tweaking. When you see an attempt to identify and correct. When they’ve demonstrable experience of improving results over a sustained period of time.

Arteta shows none of this.

This is a guy who sticks to the same approach in every match. Who sets his teams up to defend deep, and soak up pressure off the ball, and retain possession in low risk zones on it. Picks his favourites unless forced to do otherwise by injury or suspension. Banishes a new £27m defender and sole playmaker from the squad without a valid explanation.

If you choose to be an authoritarian, you need immediate results.

This is our club not Arteta’s work experience project.
I don't expect us to sign big name players. More players that have specific qualities that fit Arteta's system. January is important, and him and Edu need to get it right in the transfer market. They've shown they have the ability, just need to build on that. They've said they'll go for some of their summer targets in January. Let's see what they do. Until then, so sorry.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't expect us to sign big name players. More players that have specific qualities that fit Arteta's system. January is important, and him and Edu need to get it right in the transfer market. They've shown they have the ability, just need to build on that. They've said they'll go for some of their summer targets in January. Let's see what they do. Until then, so sorry.

You still aren’t getting it.

We can’t get players to play Arteta’s system because relying on players who can only play one specific system takes either years or millions. It’s then incredibly difficult to change.

One day he’ll be gone and we’ll have to get rid of them because a new manager will want his own system. It’s the wrong approach.

We don’t have that time and we don’t have that money. He is not at City anymore and we aren’t in the Champions League.

He needs to work with the players he has. Cedric, Mari and Willian are his signings. 2 of them are nowhere to be seen even though fully fit.

Don’t be an ostrich

al-Ustaadh

You still aren’t getting it.

We can’t get players to play Arteta’s system because relying on players who can only play one specific system takes either years or millions. It’s then incredibly difficult to change.

One day he’ll be gone and we’ll have to get rid of them because a new manager will want his own system. It’s the wrong approach.

We don’t have that time and we don’t have that money. He is not at City anymore and we aren’t in the Champions League.

He needs to work with the players he has. Cedric, Mari and Willian are his signings. 2 of them are nowhere to be seen even though fully fit.

Don’t be an ostrich
I get it. But I think they want Arteta here for a while, and I get the vibes he wants to be here for a while too. He wont be sacked any time soon. This is long term.

Cedric and Mari are backups. Not bad signings for their cost, in my opinion. Think many view them as being bad given circumstances surrounding other contracts in the squad. Only Wilian and Runarsson I question.

We wont be relegated.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
What a complete mess. Even here in Denmark people now laugh at Arsenal. Not in my worst nightmares did i see this coming.
The worst part? Our manager doesn’t realise how **** we are. So this will carry on, until we are relegated, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom