• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We needed an AM in the summer on top of the business we did in order to achieve top 4 this season, and I posted this shortly after the Partey signing too

arteta-everton-ringtone-320x197.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
:lol: What manager at the top level signs players without scouting them?
Recruitment has to be based on scouting and analytics.

Arteta apparently. They fired all the scouts and decided to depend on Agent connections for transfers.
Thomas Partey was scouted and recommended back in 2014 & Gabriel has been on the list as a target for a long time, way before Arteta. Our lead scout who found both Francis Cagigao was sacked last summer. Source 1 Source 2. Martinelli was also scouted by him and his team.

Willian, Luiz, Cedric, et al. were the result of Edu, Arteta, and agents.
Welcome the new order.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta apparently. They fired all the scouts and decided to depend on Agent connections for transfers.
Thomas Partey was scouted and recommended back in 2014 & Gabriel has been on the list as a target for a long time, way before Arteta. Our lead scout who found both Francis Cagigao was sacked last summer. Source 1 Source 2. Martinelli was also scouted by him and his team.

Welcome the new order.
He's been told this many times, there's no point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Welcome the new world order.

Can somebody photoshop the heads of Edu, Kia and Arteta onto the bodies of Hogan, Hall and Nash for me to use as an avi at some point, please?

Kia has to be the Hulskter though, that's a non-negotiable in my book!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leeds squad cost is 15th, it's like conversing with a *****. :lol:

You literally said spend not squad cost you complete idiot. Nah I'm actually done with your bollocks, you're the most narrow minded fairy I've ever spoken to. Go stick your baby corn up Wenger, absolutely done with you.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I agree but you start looking now not on June 1st.
Yes we should bookmark potential managers in case we get another bad run and we are in a position where we have to replace the manager. I just feel like if Arteta survives this season and finishes lets say mid table, we should actually try to overhaul the squad with some hungry players because we would have needed to do that anyway. I feel like he has suffered because some of the old heads in the dressing room and his, Leno's and Tierney's words ony confirm it imo.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg

Welcome the new order.

If Arteta did not want Gabriel and Partey he’d not have approved those deals. They happened after his promotion to manager. The agent deals and the staff sackings happened before. Had nothing to do with him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If Arteta did not want Gabriel and Partey he’d not have approved those deals. They happened after his promotion to manager. The agent deals and the staff sackings happened before. Had nothing to do with him.

I'm sorry Dave, but didn't Mari, Cedric and Willian not get signed under Arteta's watch and with him waxing lyrical about all three? Cedric we didn't even have to sign after his loan... we made that permanent.

Mari's been ok given his price and role on the team, but Cedric and Willian much less so.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
I'm sorry Dave, but didn't Mari, Cedric and Willian not get signed under Arteta's watch and with him waxing lyrical about all three? Cedric we didn't even have to sign after his loan... we made that permanent.

Mari's been ok given his price and role on the team, but Cedric and Willian much less so.

They are low cost/free squad players, all low risk investments. I don’t see the issue. I don’t know about Arteta’s role in them since they all have links to Kia. Suggests to me that those transfers are more to do with Raul and Edu. They were before Raul was sacked and Arteta made manager too. Gabriel and Partey happened after it, suggesting he had more influence with those two signings.

El Duderino

They are low cost/free squad players, all low risk investments. I don’t see the issue. I don’t know about Arteta’s role in them since they all have links to Kia. Suggests to me that those transfers are more to do with Raul and Edu. They were before Raul was sacked and Arteta made manager too. Gabriel and Partey happened after it, suggesting he had more influence with those two signings.

Arteta literally met with Willian three times to seal the deal, bergster.

Free transfers are not low cost. Look at Kolasinac, there's the high wages and signing on fees involved that can make them quite expensive.

Raul was the one who started the Gabriel deal, not Arteta. Partey was also a long term target.

If you are willing to call them Mikel signings, then Willian, Cedric and Luiz also have to be.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Arteta literally met with Willian three times to seal the deal, bergster.

Free transfers are not low cost. Look at Kolasinac, there's the high wages and signing on fees involved that can make them quite expensive.

Raul was the one who started the Gabriel deal, not Arteta. Partey was also a long term target.

If you are willing to call them Mikel signings, then Willian, Cedric and Luiz also have to be.

Arteta’s had phone calls and/or meetings with all signings and has tried to convince them to sign. It’s part of his charm.

High wages offset no transfer fee. Willian deal (with the sign on fee) amounts to £25m payable on a weekly basis over 3 years. That’s a low investment for a club the size of Arsenal, and it doesn’t make other clubs richer.

El Duderino

Arteta’s had phone calls and/or meetings with all signings and has tried to convince them to sign. It’s part of his charm.

High wages offset no transfer fee.

Again, Mr Smith, if Arteta was so detrimental to signing Willian, how is he an Edu signing?

Why does he gets all the praise and none of the criticism?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Again, Mr Smith, if Arteta was so detrimental to signing Willian, how is he an Edu signing?

Why does he gets all the praise and none of the criticism?

It’s not that Arteta didn’t want Willian, it’s more that he accepted Willian knowing full well that he doesn’t have the backing to get the top quality players he wants. If it’s a choice between Aouar and Willian are you really telling me that Arteta wanted Willian because he believes him to be one of the best?

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom