• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Hoping this run continues, we need to beat Palace and Newcastle. We get Partey, Gabriel and hopefully a new signing in Jan.

Partey alone is surely adding a massive boost, we desperately need that in the midfield.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It clear that he thinks Wilian offers more than Pepe, but there is nothing to show the evidence that Wilian offers anything. I'd rather give minutes to our 72 million pound signing, who is justu 25 years old vs Wilian any day.

I'm also worried that he will drop Martinelli/ESR in favor of Wilian too.

If Arteta wants to keep the pressure off him, he must continue to play the youngsters.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
At the very least, the club should be in conversation with the likes of Tuchel, Rangnick, Campos, etc. And I am confident we are working on deals like these at some level behind the scenes. I say so because Arteta's financial requirements, combined with his inexperience in such a high level position, does not bode well for the Kroenke methods and operations.

Unless Arteta gets us into the Champions League spots, I dont see him retaining his position beyond this season. I'd say the same with Edu.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I wish we had given a chance to Eddie Howe - I think he has potential to be a great manager. Seems like a very good person too.

He's also had Bournemouth overachieve for several seasons in the Premier League and played good football.

Don't want Tuchel - arrogant personality like Arteta. Never achieved anything with Dortmund and I don't count trophies with PSG as good coaching.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I wish we had given a chance to Eddie Howe - I think he has potential to be a great manager. Seems like a very good person too.

He's also had Bournemouth overachieve for several seasons in the Premier League and played good football.

I must admit, I turned up my nose to him for a long time.

But you're right, looks a really smart guy and someone who can be an excellent acquisition for Arsenal. In my mind however, he needs a working system around him, which he can slot into.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Don't want Tuchel - arrogant personality like Arteta. Never achieved anything with Dortmund and I don't count trophies with PSG as good coaching.
EH doesn’t have what it takes to manage us.
Plays one way season after season.
Can’t identify good players, overpays on below average ones. We’d be permanently stuck midtable with him but no cup runs ever.

Jefferson Lerma-25.5 million
Solanke-20million
Jordan Ibe-17 million

Legend14

Established Member
At the very least, the club should be in conversation with the likes of Tuchel, Rangnick, Campos, etc. And I am confident we are working on deals like these at some level behind the scenes. I say so because Arteta's financial requirements, combined with his inexperience in such a high level position, does not bode well for the Kroenke methods and operations.

Unless Arteta gets us into the Champions League spots, I dont see him retaining his position beyond this season. I'd say the same with Edu.
Gets us into the champions league? May happen, but I doubt this is how the rebuilding year is being evaluated. Makes no sense.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Pretty sure the goal coming into this season was to make top 6. There was no expectation on making top 4, yet. The spending did not match that ambition.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg

Premier league summer spending:

Transfer-fees-spent.png

@Makingtrax Do you agree?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
When Brendan Rodgers comes a knocking, Arteta does a going...

Make no mistake, when his favorites, the Chelsea retirees are fit, he will shove them back to the first 11 and relegates ESR back to the U-23 because that is what Arteta is. He is a scumbag who likes to burn bridges. His hands were tied due to the pensioners not being fit, so was forced to play the kids. The mere fact that he could not see that he needs a 10 to play creative football, when even little kids can see it, shows his limitations as a tactician. You cannot even make his being a rook as an excuse because his incompetence is very glaring. Arteta probably has a very low IQ.

They were fit last game but whatever.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I’m disappointed we didn’t try harder for Pochettino. Great manager who consistently achieved top 4 kn a shoe string budget. Turned guys like Danny Rose and Kyle Walker into top PL players not to mention what he did with young Kane and Son. Cant think of a better manager to work with our underachievers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
:lol: Yeah that backfired. The narrative with Utd changed so fast.

Edit:

Scratch that. The graph must be wrong. I’m sure Sp**s spent £100mil.

Transfermarkt's is more accurate. Sp**s are down as having spent 99M which is accurate. Even so it blows @Makingtrax argument out the water considering Leeds also spent a lot of money and are in the bottom 10.

Atlas

Transfermarkt's is more accurate. Sp**s are down as having spent 99M which is accurate. Even so it blows @Makingtrax argument out the water considering Leeds also spent a lot of money and are in the bottom 10.

Are you honestly going to use one seasons worth of spending to decide where a club should end up? Come on a squad isn’t build in one window is it? You should look at cumulative spend over the years. Nobody is basing it off one seasons spend ffs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Are you honestly going to use one seasons worth of spending to decide where a club should end up? Come on a squad isn’t build in one window is it? You should look at cumulative spend over the years. Nobody is basing it off one seasons spend ffs.

No, I'd never do that because that's dumb. @Makingtrax is the one who did that. Get with it bro, maybe read back a few posts and realise I'm totally against it instead of reading one post and assuming.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg

Arteta’s only had one season though. Harsh to compare squad cost when the likes of Pepe and many of the flops aren’t his signings.

Atlas

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta’s only had one season though. Harsh to compare squad cost when the likes of Pepe and many of the flops aren’t his signings.

This is why the squad cost argument is so stupid. In my opinion squad cost should be used for each manager as a metric. Mainly because it takes 2/3 years to build a potentially title winning squad.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom