• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You stated the reason in your post. 18 starts!
Still a poor return from someone deemed to be one of the best in his position. Especially when looking at the previous seasons numbers.

18/19 Season
  • 24 Starts
  • 5 Goals
  • 2 Assists
A shame as he was a good player at one point but that moment was very brief with us. Goes to show, talent isn’t everything. Hard work and mentality just as important.

Balboa

Question 1
Have Arsenal played hardball with this situation, at least since the end of last season? Or would anyone disagree that Arsenal have played this quite hard?

Question 2
If you agree that this is quite a hardball tactic by Arsenal, what do you think is the strategy? Do you think that they are displaying their ability to play hardball, signalling to other players not to mess them around, not to call their bluff by slacking off and expecting to play? The benefits being sought are mainly for the future culture of the club? Or is it something else?

Last edited:

Bloodbather

Established Member

Özil's performances at the club at the height of his powers shouldn't be discredited simply because of his lacklustre performances and commitment in the last couple of seasons, or because he was overpaid. He was simply spectacular in that 15-16 season, and he could've been the best performer on a title winning side had we been more clinical and that counts for something. He wasn't some flop.

That being said, I'm very pleased to finally see him leave the club. I dislike him due to his support for the corrupt tyrant ruining my country and his personal association with him, and couldn't quite bring myself to cheer for him after that support and association became public. Also glad that the charade around him being frozen out is over.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Had to pinch myself this morning to make sure i was not dreaming. Godspeed, and good luck to you.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If this is true and it's a big 'if' then he won't be involved this weekend vs Newcastle, let's see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom