• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Özil wasn't in the fa cup final or playing in the community shield for 19/20. Don't know why the photo is implying he's won it four times.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
The no.10 should be put on hold until there is a player worthy of wearing it. Last player who performed whilst wearing the no.10 was RvP, before that Bergkamp.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Full money ?
I once loved Özil, but this money hungry idiot has no sympathy left for me.
I wish one day you get fired and don't receive the full money you deserve according the contract you and your employer signed. Then an idiot say you are just thinking in money and being greedy.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli

akhil

Ever since the news came out that this could have some real legs, this whole thread has been about 'what ifs'.

He's one of the most talented players to play for us, but in 5-10 years, in terms of memories, that goal against Ludogorets. I'm not sure I'll ever remember an assist unless it's outrageous. He was a ridiculous talent though who just didn't do enough here.

MikeVinna

Established Member
I don’t think we have a player worthy of the #10 at this point. Maybe Saka but he has 7 which is a pretty great number. If we buy a playmaker give him the number.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leave the number for a bit, see if someone like Smith Rowe can earn wearing it.

Speaking of numbers, always wished we retired the number 14 after Thierry.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Ever since the news came out that this could have some real legs, this whole thread has been about 'what ifs'.

Mate, the bau content of the Özil thread is mostly speculation. The printed transcripts of the ‘why was he dropped’ theories alone could fill the Emigrates stadium.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
What's sad about this is that he was once a fantastically gifted player. Inconsistent, but one of the most technically gifted players I've seen.

Seemed to just lose the hunger once he signed that contract. I fear we're seeing the same with Auba.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What's sad about this is that he was once a fantastically gifted player. Inconsistent, but one of the most technically gifted players I've seen.

Seemed to just lose the hunger once he signed that contract. I fear we're seeing the same with Auba.
I back Auba to bounce back. If we continue attacking like we are he will get his chances. I was questioning him a lot until recently as he looked like he wasnt bothered- if you're out of form and can't score at last make some runs and work hard to stretch the opposition.

However against Brighton and especially West Brom, although some people would say he had bad games I would say I am starting to see the same attacking patterns I associate with Auba. He has been making the right sort of runs (back post for crosses and also running down the channel).

Auba is the last guy who's gonna be that fighter when the team is completely bereft of confidence, he needs the team firing or at least creating chances for him. I hope that he eventually grabs a couple goals.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

He's going to bleed us dry here financially. Gazidis or whoever gave him this contract deserves jail time.

Paying up £7m ish for the rest of his contract should be enough to be honest. He'll end up having made £50m+ off us since signing that contract, no-one can tell me we've got anywhere close to value for money out of it.

I'm sure he could manage to waive the loyalty bonus. Given how much he claims to love the club I'm sure he wouldn't want to be excessive in his financial demands given everything that's going on this Coronavirus in football.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is the £350k a week figure one of those ones when they add in appearance fees and bonuses? I wonder what the actual base salary is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom