• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Emile Smith Rowe: The Croy-10 Cruyff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

ESR putting himself about is trying to impress? No He does not look like that player at all. Like Saka these are young players who play in their own world. You have to see their decision making to understand they do it their way and not to impress. He was simply doing what we expect from the front line ....putting pressure on the opposition ...and it worked brilliant and we got great chances from that.

Personally I just think like Saka , they are 2 young men fundamentally carrying our attack. The physical demands and mental weight will have its toll and some games they can run out of steam in patches. Besides ESR has never played so many consecutive high level games in his career at the very top level. He will have barren patches dotted in his development phase.

The onus is for the Manager to prepare and strategize for this. Not to be reactive but proactive. He is our most important player ,while Saka is the best. At his age and injury record , he needs to be managed. I said this when the window started and it is ending with MO on loan to challenge and push him for this role. In the summer lets go to Norwich , bring home the boy Buendia and close this chapter.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
In the academy he always played as a forward or winger. It's crazy that people are trying to act like he was always a number 10. He just does the basic fundamental things very well. Things majority of our players fail to do consistently.
He also played as a number 8 a lot too.

scytheavatar

Established Member
In the academy he always played as a forward or winger. It's crazy that people are trying to act like he was always a number 10. He just does the basic fundamental things very well. Things majority of our players fail to do consistently.

ESR was a nothing special winger at academy level who started to stand out and be one of our best prospects when he started playing centrally....... it is clear to me that if you want to get the best from ESR you certainly would want him to be played as a 10. He is made for the role of someone who drifts all over the pitch rather than someone who sticks to the flanks.

I really think he is trying to impress. He is young, has energy and wants to make things happen. This is where the manager should intervene. He won’t be able to keep such a pace in the EPL.

Saka will exhaust as well.

Usually I don’t make too many negative comments about the manager, but these young players are not responsible for saving his job or Edu’s. I have to look at what is best for Arsenal in the long term.

I respect what the youth is doing. Basically saving our season. I feel Arteta is relying on their “magic” at a heavy potential cost. Arteta can do better.
Spot on. I felt Arteta should have subbed Saka off for Martinelli and shifted Pepe back to the left considering Pepe needs more time to be match fit and firing again, Martinelli too. Doing that ensures Saka is also fresh for Utd.

Arteta has a lot of learning to do especially in player management both on and off the pitch. His assistants aren't helping much.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

c93g1kxc5rd61.jpg

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I love this guy, when he’s isolated 1v1 he just runs at his opponent full pace trying to get past him. Sometimes he loses the ball but that’s really what you want from your player, no fear. Seen Willian turn back 18 times in a dribble too much.

Jae

Spot on. I felt Arteta should have subbed Saka off for Martinelli and shifted Pepe back to the left considering Pepe needs more time to be match fit and firing again, Martinelli too. Doing that ensures Saka is also fresh for Utd.

Arteta has a lot of learning to do especially in player management both on and off the pitch. His assistants aren't helping much.

I think he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't to be fair. We saw the way everyone reacted when that FA Cup team was announced. If he takes Saka and ESR off and we all of a sudden start getting hammered then he'd be getting stick as well. Can see the argument from both sides.

I think he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't to be fair. We saw the way everyone reacted when that FA Cup team was announced. If he takes Saka and ESR off and we all of a sudden start getting hammered then he'd be getting stick as well. Can see the argument from both sides.
I meant taking them off after the win is secured, which it pretty much was after the third goal.

ESR was a nothing special winger at academy level who started to stand out and be one of our best prospects when he started playing centrally....... it is clear to me that if you want to get the best from ESR you certainly would want him to be played as a 10. He is made for the role of someone who drifts all over the pitch rather than someone who sticks to the flanks.

ESR was actually a very special talent at the wings at academy level. When coming through in his age group he was one of very few in his age group at Arsenal that got called up to intermational team.

But when I was watching him in u18 it always felt he could be vwry good no10 or even a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom